DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Member Services
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-06-2012, 10:40 AM   #16
bwvBound
DVC SSR & other timeshare

So now that the tool is live:
  • CONFIRMED: DVC Members are not permitted to book RCI's rental weeks through the tool. (As we suspected above.)
  • OBSERVED: It appears that DVC Members are not offered discounted points for "last minute reservations." Reservations offered for w/in RCI's 45-day window are showing up at "full face value" rather than the point value of a "blue studio," as other timeshare owners typically see.
  • OBSERVED: Full weeks and nightly stays -- both are offered.
  • IMPRESSION: I think this is a significant improvement for DVC members. While I ran only one search, Pacific Coastal, I found lots of inventory. If I had no other RCI-affiliated timeshare, I'd be very pleased with this tool. Even having other RCI-affiliated timeshare, I might be tempted to test out a nightly-stay now that DVC has given me this new access!
bwvBound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:23 AM   #17
bwang123

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwvBound View Post
So now that the tool is live:[list][*]CONFIRMED: DVC Members are not permitted to book RCI's rental weeks through the tool. (As we suspected above.)
it allowed me the option to book weeks directly though the portal.

bwang123 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-06-2012, 11:25 AM   #18
bwvBound

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwang123 View Post
it allowed me the option to book weeks directly though the portal.
RCI Exchange Weeks -- yes, it does that. The portal does not expose RCI's Rental Weeks, as discussed at length in this thread, to the DVC Member.
Old 11-06-2012, 04:44 PM   #19
amym2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikisha421 View Post
I just saw this and ran over to post...this is a great option...I would never book rci just because it seems like too much work...but now with it being an online option...I kinda think the opportunities are endless....
I agree. And it's so much fun just to look through the options and dream!
amym2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 05:50 PM   #20
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

In the 3 years we've owned DVC, DH hasn't been on the site even once. Guess who is browsing RCI through the DVC site?

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 06:45 PM   #21
dzorn
DIS Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by amym2 View Post
I agree. And it's so much fun just to look through the options and dream!
Looking through the options was nice but the selection that was actually available to book was quite depressing. DH wanted to take next year off from Disney so I thought I would look and after looking I think we'll just bank our points.

Denise in MI
VWL January 2015, Off Site, SSR 2014 (with the Marching Band), ASMu,AKV, BLT Aug/Sept 2012, AKV April 2012, BCV/AKV November 2011, BB April 2011, CBR,BCV,BWV Aug/Sept 2010, ASMu,VWL Nov 2009, CSR September 2009, AKV August 2009, CSR April 09 ,AKV/VWL/OKW Feb 09, TL April 08, DCL January 08, POR August 2007, POR May 2006, ASMo May 2005

dzorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 06:58 PM   #22
Dean
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzorn View Post
Looking through the options was nice but the selection that was actually available to book was quite depressing. DH wanted to take next year off from Disney so I thought I would look and after looking I think we'll just bank our points.

Denise in MI
Most really good exchanges with RCI are booked with an ongoing search (weeks side) or exactly at 10 months out (points side). There are exceptions but related to when certain systems deposit, the units generally aren't just sitting there for you. Occasionally you may get lucky so it's worth looking. Those of us that find things online generally do so well in advance for weeks, at 10 months out for RCI points resorts, by knowing when certain systems bulk deposit and by looking several times a day at all hours. If you're willing to travel when others generally don't, you'll have a lot more choices.
Old 11-09-2012, 10:22 AM   #23
Brian Noble
His Curmudgeonly Highness

Quote:
Reservations offered for w/in RCI's 45-day window are showing up at "full face value" rather than the point value of a "blue studio," as other timeshare owners typically see.
This is also the case for most of the mini-system portals, AFAIK. I know it is true for Wyndham; close-in reservations are the "normal" point values, not discounted.
Brian Noble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 12:26 PM   #24
bwvBound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Noble View Post
This is also the case for most of the mini-system portals, AFAIK. I know it is true for Wyndham; close-in reservations are the "normal" point values, not discounted.
Wow, you poor Wyndham people! The WM>RCI portal shows any exchange reservation w/in 45-days of travel costed as a "blue studio" (4000 WM credits).
Old 11-09-2012, 01:25 PM   #25
Brian Noble

It's not a problem. I can use regular TPU for those. That's why a portfolio approach is useful: no one ownership is good for everything.
Old 11-09-2012, 01:40 PM   #26
bwvBound

Ah, indeed. Fair enough. :D
Old 11-10-2012, 10:57 PM   #27
MulanMom
DIS Veteran

I'm not nearly as well versed as you all are with RCI and timeshare. What I can add to this discussion, however, is that points already deposited within RCI but not booked do not show up on the link. It does show our membership # and our name, but the deposited week/points are not there. Actual booking needed to be done via phone with MS.

Hopefully, DVCers are careful with using the system! I could have easily booked and assumed the points used were the points/week previously deposited. Had I done that, I'm pretty sure it would have charged against current points.

Definitely a good tool to see what is available within a particular timeframe.
MulanMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 11:20 PM   #28
bwvBound

Quote:
Originally Posted by MulanMom View Post
I'm not nearly as well versed as you all are with RCI and timeshare. What I can add to this discussion, however, is that points already deposited within RCI but not booked do not show up on the link. It does show our membership # and our name, but the deposited week/points are not there. Actual booking needed to be done via phone with MS.

Hopefully, DVCers are careful with using the system! I could have easily booked and assumed the points used were the points/week previously deposited. Had I done that, I'm pretty sure it would have charged against current points.

Excellent warning! Thanks for letting us know that points deposited with RCI aren't seen in the current version of the RCI portal. Hopefully this will be updated in the future and made obvious?
Old 11-11-2012, 06:57 AM   #29
Dean
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MulanMom View Post

Anyone who has a deposit with RCI through DVC really should have an ongoing search in place if at all possible. This is your best chance to get what you want.
Old 11-12-2012, 10:15 AM   #30
Brian Noble

Quote:
Hopefully this will be updated in the future and made obvious?
I would think so. As far as I know, the other mini-system portals all get this right.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: