Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-26-2012, 03:50 PM   #1
pascalstongue
DIS Veteran

Tangled show to replace Beauty and the Beast

At DHS. Is this true?? If so does anyone know when the new show will start?

My DD and I love Rapunzel.

pascalstongue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 04:36 PM   #2
wm49rs
Earning My Ears

I've read rumors of both BatB and the VotLM show will be leaving soon. The first for Tangled, the second for a rumored Phineas and Ferb show. But I haven't read any firm timetable for either change....
2008 (Offsite- Windsor Hills)
2009 (Fort Wilderness Cabins & Windsor Hills)
wm49rs is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-26-2012, 05:28 PM   #3
*NikkiBell*
The WDW Merchandise Walking Bible

DISboards Moderator

Even though it'll be difficult to say goodbye to Beauty & the Beast and The Little Mermaid, I think it's definitely time for a change and this would be a welcome one.

I loved the old Hunchback Show at DHS. I didn't think it was kept around long enough. B & B has been around forever. It's time.

disboards.com/blog.wdwinfo.com
Follow Me on Twitter

2011 - GC, Swan 2010 - AKLV
2009 - AKLV, DxDP/OKW, DDP 2008 - SSR, PFTS, MNSSHP/AKLV, 1st DVC Trip, DxDP 2007 - PC, MNSSHP 2006-7 - POFQ, Premium DP 2006 - PC 2005 - POFQ, Premium DP 2004 - PC, Silver Plan 1998 - ASMu 1997-94 - Off-Site
*NikkiBell* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 05:41 PM   #4
natasha423
Earning My Ears

I would be so sad to see beauty and the Beast go, it's my favorite show & every time I see it I cry. If its true I must go see it one last time. Any word as to when it would go??
natasha423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 05:53 PM   #5
MJMcBride
Barely lost is barely found

The theory is once beautyT and the Beast opens in Fantasyland they will explore the option of putting in tangled . To be honest of all the rumors out there this certainly makes the most sense. I would definitely like to see it

WWW.JAMBOEVERYONE.COM

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom
MJMcBride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 07:07 PM   #6
PrincessAlways
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by *NikkiBell* View Post
Even though it'll be difficult to say goodbye to Beauty & the Beast and The Little Mermaid, I think it's definitely time for a change and this would be a welcome one.

I loved the old Hunchback Show at DHS. I didn't think it was kept around long enough. B & B has been around forever. It's time.
I loved the Hunchback show too! Thought they took it away too soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJMcBride View Post
The theory is once beautyT and the Beast opens in Fantasyland they will explore the option of putting in tangled . To be honest of all the rumors out there this certainly makes the most sense. I would definitely like to see it
Yes something new would be good & this does make sense. I did love the Tangled movie!
POR, 2003 OKW,2004 Poly, 2005 SSR (June), Pop (Sept), CSR (Nov), 2006 OKW (May), Swan (Sept), OKW (Nov), 2007 Pop (Feb), OKW (June), CR (Sept), BWV (Nov), 2008 CSR (April), OKW (July), SSR (Dec)2009 Pop (March) OKW (May) BLT (Nov), 2010 BLT (May) AKL (Oct) 2011 SWAN (March) BLT (June) AKL (Nov) OKW (Nov) 2012 BWI (March) OKW (May) POR Royal (Oct) OKW (Nov) 2013 BWV (Apr) offsite (July) Kidani (Dec) 2014 AKL (April) OKW (Nov)
PrincessAlways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 11:35 PM   #7
mjaclyn
Currently in Wonderland

I've always liked the Beauty and the Beast show at DHS but I agree it's time for something new. I think Tangled would be a great addition! I also wouldn't mind something else replacing Voyage of the Little Mermaid. I always thought the show was way too choppy.
Old 09-27-2012, 08:18 AM   #8
MJMcBride
Barely lost is barely found

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjaclyn
I've always liked the Beauty and the Beast show at DHS but I agree it's time for something new. I think Tangled would be a great addition! I also wouldn't mind something else replacing Voyage of the Little Mermaid. I always thought the show was way too choppy.
Mermaid was meant to be temporary. It's now been 25 + years. Plus the NEMO puppets are much more advanced.

So yeah it's time for something new I think

WWW.JAMBOEVERYONE.COM

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom
MJMcBride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 08:21 AM   #9
Bonniec
DIS Veteran

Beauty and the Beast is my favorite Disney movie with Tangled being second. So that wouldn't upset me at all. I think Tangled would be great!
Old 09-27-2012, 01:13 PM   #10
Icecoldpenguin
May the Force Be With You

The B&TB show is sub par to me. I have seen it once and the acting stands for improvement. I would welcome something else. I also would not be said to lose the Little Mermaid show. Disney has so much content they could use for attractions you would think they could find something to replace it with.

TRIPS:
Now a Florida Resident and Visiting as much as possible!
All 5 SWW 2014 Turkey Day '13 VWL, Labor Day '13, May '13/June '13-SWW 1,3 & 4 May '13-Disneyland, Nov '12-Pop, Oct '12 Swan, Jun/Jul '12 Disney World Wedding/Honeymoon, Dec '11 Wilderness Lodge, Oct '11 Poly, June '11-ASMo, June '10 ASMu, 2000 Offsite
Icecoldpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 10:31 PM   #11
Disneyfreak44
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJMcBride View Post
Mermaid was meant to be temporary. It's now been 25 + years. Plus the NEMO puppets are much more advanced.

So yeah it's time for something new I think
Ya I have seen the Little Mermaid show so much I think it would be nice to see a new show there or at least give it a big update.
Most recent trip was to Walt Disney World we stayed at Caribbean beach and got to experience mymagic+ and the Magic Bands and it was awesome!
Disneyfreak44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 12:10 AM   #12
LockShockBarrel
Pudge controls the weather.

I've seen VotLM the past 2 times I've been and I don't know why I bother with it. I always walk out irked and kind of betrayed.
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade...but without water and sugar your lemonade is gonna suck.Shut up Brain or I'll poke you with a Qtip!Legally, it's questionable. Morally, disgusting. Personally, I like it!The way to a man's heart is through his stomach. Stab in and thrust upward.

Trip Report Jan 2011: Viva Verde! http://http://www.disboards.com/show...0#post39571060
TRIP REPORT SEPT 2012How do I Flush This? Squared!http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2993886

Feb 2007 Pop Century, Oct 2008 Pop Century, Jan 2011 Old Key West, Sept 12 Pop Century
LockShockBarrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 06:18 AM   #13
GreenCntryGirl
The DIS keeps me up past my bedtime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *NikkiBell* View Post

The Hunchback show tied with Festival of the Lion King for me.

Another one I liked that they took away was the Jungle Book show at AK. Tarzan Rocks didn't interest me at all and I've yet to see Nemo.

Mimi, Papa, Daddy, Uncle Alec, and Boo
Star Wars Weekend 2013
All Star Music
GreenCntryGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 10:58 AM   #14
RyMacJ
DIS Veteran

I really hope they don't take out VotLM before May. I agree it probably needs to be updated, but my girls have never seen it and I would like them to. I would be happy about Tangled, though. Rapunzel is DD4's favorite and Ariel is DD3's favorite. So hopefully at least one of them will be happy

Offisite April 1987**Treehouse Villas June 1993**Offsite July 1998**POFQ (DisneyMoon) May 2007**AoA Nemo Suite May 2013**Caribbean Beach June 2015

Me DH DD6 DD5
RyMacJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 03:41 PM   #15
patsal
I've discovered I don't need to be a control freak...and like it!

Both shows are hollow shells of what they began as. I will not miss either one in the too abridged form they give us now.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: