Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-02-2012, 11:50 AM   #16
pas130
DIS Veteran

YC Mind you I haven't stayed at BC, I do LOVE BC decor, BUT...

YC staff was above and beyond (on par with WL & GF) and it was definitely a more relaxing resort...JMHO

JungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
pas130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 12:52 PM   #17
heidijanesmith
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DznyCrzy11 View Post
Thank you everyone for all the input!!! Both sound like great resorts and I can't wait to try one of them out. I still have not decided but leaning towards YC.

Sent from my GalaxyS II
Yeah YC! I chose YC as they have more full balconies and patios, which are a deal breaker for us. I would not be happy with a Juliet balcony or none at all. I requested 1st floor, close to lobby and day bed. We got 2/3, 1st floor and a day bed. We were far from the lobby and pool. I was still ok with our room, but it did make quite a long trek from our room to fill our mugs or take a quick dip in the pool.

If you can book a water view room, watching Illuminations at night from our patio was lovely! We enjoyed it very much and like our view of the BW at night.

YC is farther from IG, but only 1-2 minutes more. Worth the extra time for us.

May 2005 AKL Pool view
July 2010 Poly Standard view- WDW and US
Aug 2012 YC Pool view- WDW, US and BG
Oct 2013 Poly Cl Lagoon view- WDW and US
Oct 2014 BW CL BW View- WDW and US

The Smith's take on the Poly- TR
heidijanesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-03-2012, 05:54 AM   #18
goofy4prez
DIS Dads Club Member #484
I hate the Steelers & Ravens like a mother loves a child!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heidijanesmith View Post
I cannot agree with this more. I mentioned many will state a "BIG" advantage the BC has over the YC is it's location to IG. For me, 200 yards of additional walking is no big deal. Besides, that 200 yards is made up since the YC is closer to the boat launch for those who use the boat instead to go to DHS. Either way, they are both excellent resorts.

Achieved (6-10-12) and maintaining weight lost goal of 115 LBS.From 267 lbs to 152 lbs
goofy4prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:34 PM   #19
DznyCrzy11
"When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are".

Quote:
Originally Posted by heidijanesmith

Yeah YC! I chose YC as they have more full balconies and patios, which are a deal breaker for us. I would not be happy with a Juliet balcony or none at all. I requested 1st floor, close to lobby and day bed. We got 2/3, 1st floor and a day bed. We were far from the lobby and pool. I was still ok with our room, but it did make quite a long trek from our room to fill our mugs or take a quick dip in the pool.

If you can book a water view room, watching Illuminations at night from our patio was lovely! We enjoyed it very much and like our view of the BW at night.

Yes, the full balcony is a must for us too!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4prez

I cannot agree with this more. I mentioned many will state a "BIG" advantage the BC has over the YC is it's location to IG. For me, 200 yards of additional walking is no big deal. Besides, that 200 yards is made up since the YC is closer to the boat launch for those who use the boat instead to go to DHS. Either way, they are both excellent resorts.
Oh yeah, an extra 200 yards is no big deal for us. I do have a question about EMH in EPCOT. Since the EMH in the morning is for Futureworld, will they still let you enter through IG and walk to the left towards Futureworld? In the past when we have gone to EPCOT for EMH in the morning they have had WS blocked off.

Still booked at Poly but leaning towards YC!!!

Sent from my Galaxy S II
Visited WDW once a year(sometimes twice a year)between 1987 and 2000,stayed at FW Campground most of those times, FW Cabins one time,ASMu one time,and an offsite hotel a few other times.Since 2003 my DH and I have taken 8 trips to WDW and 1 DCL together.We stayed at an offsite hotel in 2003 and 2005, ASMo in 2008,CBR in 2009,Poly in 2010,2011,2012,2013.Bahamian Disney Cruise 2013. Western Caribbean Cruise planned for 2014.

DznyCrzy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 03:33 PM   #20
abk96
Remember the true heroes, our police, firefighters, and the brave men and women in the military. Thank you for keeping us safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DznyCrzy11 View Post
Yes, the full balcony is a must for us too!!

Oh yeah, an extra 200 yards is no big deal for us. I do have a question about EMH in EPCOT. Since the EMH in the morning is for Futureworld, will they still let you enter through IG and walk to the left towards Futureworld? In the past when we have gone to EPCOT for EMH in the morning they have had WS blocked off.

Still booked at Poly but leaning towards YC!!!
Yes they will let you in at the IG just walked to the left past England.

We have stayed at both BC and YC. They are both beautiful and relaxing resorts. If getting something to eat(Counter Service) at the resort is important to you then BC has the Marketplace. The YC doesn't have a CS.

Full balcony is important to us. If you decide on BC just make a request. That's what we did. Not only did we get the full balcony, we also were upgraded to Club Level.
July'09 BWV--June'12 BC-CL--July/Aug'13 BWI-CL--July/Aug'14 GF-CL and BWI

abk96 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: