Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-02-2012, 10:06 AM   #1
StuckInKS
DIS Veteran

Landry's Select Club

Do members get anything besides the $25 credits (welcome/birthday/every $250) and % off retail purchases? I know the old safari club offered a free app and 10% off up to 4 entrees. On the Safari club page it now promotes the Select club and only mentions "exclusive members-only offers" I have been a Select Club member since Feb and have NEVER received an email or anything else about any special offers, so I thought maybe there was something like the old safari club benefits that I don't know about...
StuckInKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 11:48 PM   #2
Minerva Mouse
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.
I no longer have eyebrows. I have bushes!

Preferred seating I believe, but that's all I can think of.

We were told it was an hour wait once, then flashed the card and suddenly it was 15 minutes.
Minerva Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-03-2012, 04:48 AM   #3
auntfrannie
DIS Veteran

I didn't belong to the old safari club but with the Select card you earn points towards future discounts. I'm pretty sure you also get a $25 certificate to use the month around your birthday.
auntfrannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 06:58 AM   #4
SignMeUp
DIS Veteran

I get monthly emails for free appetizers from the RFC, probably because I was originally in their Safari Club.

Kids' first trip: April 25 - May 2, 2009 Contemporary upgraded to MK view! Surprise trip (shhh! don't tell my kids!): May 29 - June 5, 2010 Beach Club

Universal trip to see WWoHP: February 12 - 16, 2011 Royal Pacific Resort Finally going back!!! December 14 - 21, 2012 Poly
SignMeUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 08:04 AM   #5
DisneyFamily123
Use the Force, Luke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuckInKS View Post
Do members get anything besides the $25 credits (welcome/birthday/every $250) and % off retail purchases? I know the old safari club offered a free app and 10% off up to 4 entrees. On the Safari club page it now promotes the Select club and only mentions "exclusive members-only offers" I have been a Select Club member since Feb and have NEVER received an email or anything else about any special offers, so I thought maybe there was something like the old safari club benefits that I don't know about...
We emails once in a while offering a small amount off dining but we have 2 Landry's restaurants near where we live... might be why. The best thing is priority seating without needing to have a reservation at T-Rex or Rainforest Cafe in Downtown Disney, and Rainforest Cafe or Yak and Yeti in Animal Kingdom Park. We bypassed a very long line (50 people?) waiting to get into T-Rex once and were seated within 5 minutes!!!
Our Disney Vacations: 2008-2014, 6 trips: Halloween, Christmas, Star Wars Weekend. Favorite resorts - All Stars, Pop Century, Port Orleans Riverside, Polynesian. Best Tip - Don't try to do it all... Go slower, relax, take a break, have an excuse to come back. Don't miss - Dapper Dans (MK), Flights of Wonder (AK), Fantasmic (HS), Mo-Rockin' (Epcot).
DisneyFamily123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 06:58 PM   #6
StuckInKS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFamily123 View Post
We emails once in a while offering a small amount off dining but we have 2 Landry's restaurants near where we live... might be why.
We have a T-Rex in our zip code and two others less than 20 minutes away according to their locator
StuckInKS is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: