Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-01-2012, 11:20 AM   #1
edmiller6
Earning My Ears

Staying at CBR

Hello, My family just booked our trip to CBR for April 17-24 in 2013. We are staying at "Preffered". Does anyone know what that means? Any good things or bad things I should know about the resort? My wife, I and our 2 girls (2.5 years and 7 months) are going. Allthough we have been to disney before this is our first time at a Disney resort and the meal plan. How are the park shuttles with lugging around a double stoller and diaper bags etc.?

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you
edmiller6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 11:28 AM   #2
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Preferred means that your building will be near Old Port Royale where the main pool/food court/kids' water play area/store are. Your location could be in any of the buildings in Trinidad North or in Buildings 26, 25 or 24 in Martinique.

There are so many good things to list about the resort. The landscaping is so lush and beautiful. Each resort village has their own quiet pool, laundry facility, beach and bus stop. For the kids, there are playgrounds on several of the beaches and then a large playground in the middle of the resort island.

The bus transportation has always been efficient during our 8 stays and, because the resort is centrally located, it doesn't take long to get to any Disney destination. One thing to remember is you will not be able to take the stroller onto the bus when it's opened. You'll have to fold it up and then hold onto it during the bus ride.

I have lots of pictures of the resort in my trip report. Just click on the link to have a look around.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-01-2012, 12:29 PM   #3
DreamingofCastles
Earning My Ears

I'd like to echo what Mickeystoontown has said. I stayed for the first time in September and it was awesome! We were in Trinidad North and it was the perfect location! We loved the closeness to the food court at Old Port Royale and the main pool. I had read some not-so-good reviews of CBR prior to leaving, but we had no problems whatsoever! Enjoy!
Old 11-01-2012, 12:31 PM   #4
lisam427
DIS Veteran

caribbean beach is very pretty and very relaxing. we stayed in a preferred room back in 2010. loved the location. it was perfect. it was close to the bus stop, main building, and main pool. we also very close to a sattelite pool and laundry area too. you will enjoy it there! have a wonderful trip!!

lisam427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 12:33 PM   #5
edmiller6
Earning My Ears

Thank you very much
edmiller6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 12:33 PM   #6
I Love Pluto
DIS Veteran
I guess that makes me a kiddie song expert.

CBR is a happy resort. The beach theming is great, and the people working there are sooooo polite. You will love CBR!
Old 11-01-2012, 02:03 PM   #7
WDWPooh
Mouseketeer

LOVED CBR!! We stayed preferred and it was perfect!! I recommend requesting Martinique!
WDWPooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 02:49 PM   #8
carly chloe
DIS Veteran

We stay on the preferred. We always request martinque 26 or 25. We've stayed value, mod, and deluxe and we all LOVE CBR!!!!!!! You will love it!!!
Old 11-01-2012, 09:10 PM   #9
smidgy
dimples

cbr also has a really cute water play area for the kids a big bucket fills up on top,then spils over everyone.. there are ltitle slides,etc.
smidgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 07:11 AM   #10
Nancyg56
DIS Veteran

My family stayed at CBR a few years ago. It is a lovely resort but it is indeed large. The bus driver said it was the largest area so it is nice that you have a preferred room. I used to take my DGD to the "beach" to play. It was so relaxing to sit and read while she enjoyed the sand. If you are into hidden Mickey's look on the sand first thing in the morning and you may find a big big surprise!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: