Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-02-2012, 12:01 AM   #46
luv2sleep
DIS Veteran

People keep talking about deck 4. On this laat trip I actually made it out there and tried to relax on deck 4 with my son. Lol, it was mot successful. We could only hang there a while because people were walking, jogging or trying to get some peace and quiet. The biggest benefit of the verandah was being able to relax and read outside while he was playing, napping, watching advice or playing on his leap pad. It's different from the pool where I had to worry about drowning or accidents. Can't say I relaxed at those times. I definitely would try to get a verandah for Alaska. There's no way I'd see much on the open decks with my son. No way he'd want to stand outside in the cold for prolonged periods of time amongst the crowds waiting to see something. I'd miss it all. On the verandah I'd more likely to see something and actually enjoy it. He'd come in and out often to look at stuff but be happy and content in he room.
Old 11-02-2012, 01:48 AM   #47
Niebz
DIS Veteran

For me a verandah is a must because of being prone to seasickness. We stayed on deck 2 our first cruise and I hated being in the room because I felt awful from the rocking and being confined to a room with no way to get fresh air made it feel so much worse. I was constantly up on deck because the breeze was the only thing that helped me - I even contemplated sleeping up there! On our second cruise we had a verandah on deck 6 and it was a lifesaver. That nice, breezy fresh air helps so much when the ship is rocking plus it's nice when feeling ill to have a private place to relax and try to feel better.
Niebz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-02-2012, 02:28 PM   #48
Mattscott
Earning My Ears

The Oct 20th Fantasy Cruise (Eastern Caribbean) was our 3rd cruise (second DCL cruise). We have always had a verandah and the previous two cruises used them extensively. There is NOTHING like having room service in a bathrobe out on deck.

This last cruise we couldn't use ours at all due to the constant smoking of those upwind of us; not just cigarettes but those famous "caribbean" cigars.

I am not trying to turn this into an anti-smoking post. But if you are extremely allergic, as I am, it is something to consider.

We are looking into a porthole room or a verandah on the very back for our next cruise.
Mattscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 03:38 PM   #49
mcroadman
Mouseketeer

Vahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhranda!~

I can't imagine not having one now..
Wow... It just made our cruise so nice.. the view was specatular and we really used it alot.
My husband and daughter were in the room more than expected. Watching the waves, watching the moon and stars, flying fish, and islands and ships..
Watching us dock and undock
We very much loved it and i hope we always have a verandah!
Mary

Magic out of Galveston! Oct. 6, 2012
WHAT AN EXCELLENT TRIP!
::
mcroadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 03:46 PM   #50
Aurora l
Earning My Ears

Just booked before Christmas and got the veranda. Our first time ever. We always get the ocean view. For $200 more than the inside, I couldn't say no.
Aurora l is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: