Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-01-2012, 08:48 AM   #1
Disneynut4ever
DIS Veteran

Shopping for home decor

We're visiting WDW during the holidays. Any suggestions of places to look for items that might be unique for decorating our home? I would like to put a little Disney in any of the rooms, without going over the top. More subtle. Ideas? Specific shops I should look in?
*Caribbean Beach * All Star Movies * Dixie Landings * Port Orleans Riverside * Animal Kingdom Lodge * Disney Cruise - Wonder * Beach Club * Port Orleans French Quarter * Polynesian * Port Orleans Riverside * All Star Music * Coronado Springs
Disneynut4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 11:15 AM   #2
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

You'll find lots of home stuff in the World of Disney store at DTD but most of it is kitchen/glassware kind of stuff. In the Art of Disney store (also DTD) you can find lots of great artwork to hang on walls.
Register to remove

Old 11-01-2012, 01:11 PM   #3
Disneynut4ever
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKW Lover View Post
You'll find lots of home stuff in the World of Disney store at DTD but most of it is kitchen/glassware kind of stuff. In the Art of Disney store (also DTD) you can find lots of great artwork to hang on walls.
Thanks. I don't know why I wasn't thinking about artwork.
*Caribbean Beach * All Star Movies * Dixie Landings * Port Orleans Riverside * Animal Kingdom Lodge * Disney Cruise - Wonder * Beach Club * Port Orleans French Quarter * Polynesian * Port Orleans Riverside * All Star Music * Coronado Springs
Old 11-12-2012, 09:01 AM   #4
Disneynut4ever
DIS Veteran

Old 11-13-2012, 03:44 PM   #5
Jana49
Mmm! Dole Whips!

Ditto Downtown Disney's World of Disney store. Also, you might find some things at the huge store at Epcot, at Future World East.
Old 11-13-2012, 03:46 PM   #6
Disneynut4ever
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jana49 View Post
Ditto Downtown Disney's World of Disney store. Also, you might find some things at the huge store at Epcot, at Future World East.
Been to EPCOT a billion times - can't seem to picture what store you are talking about?
Old 11-13-2012, 03:54 PM   #7
DisneyNutMary
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneynut4ever

Been to EPCOT a billion times - can't seem to picture what store you are talking about?
The poster was possibly referring to Mouse Gear. Which is one of my favorite stores, I always find what I'm looking for in Mouse Gear.
Old 11-13-2012, 03:57 PM   #8
Disneynut4ever
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyNutMary View Post
The poster was possibly referring to Mouse Gear. Which is one of my favorite stores, I always find what I'm looking for in Mouse Gear.
I will have to check that out. I have probably been there, but I just can't find it in my memory bank.
Old 11-13-2012, 09:25 PM   #9
i*heart*minniemouse
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneynut4ever View Post
Art of Disney store in EPCOT...walk to the right side of Space Ship Earth - before you get to Innoventions the Art of Disney is on the right.

I puchased pictures in Canada of the gardens and the Chateau....2 frames from Costo - $20....they look great!! Those are in the foyer.

We have Old Key West watercolors in the bedroom...love those also.

I really like the artwork and it is my new thing to purchase when we visit.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: