Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-18-2012, 09:17 PM   #16
stimmons
Mouseketeer

A Big Helping of Pixie Dust

09/15/2012

We left off with us walking back to BLT to see if our room was ready.

We arrived back at the hotel and checked on our room at the front desk. They informed us that they were in the middle of cleaning it and the sweet CM offered us a different room that was already clean. But we really wanted the room we requested so we waited just a couple of minutes longer.

If you don’t know about BLT let me explain how the rooms work. There are rooms that face toward Bay Lake and rooms that face toward the Magic Kingdom. Because of awesome research on the DVC boards here on the Dis, when we did our online check in we requested a high floor with a room ending in 06 or 08.

We were soon told that our room was ready and it was room 8406. Yay!!! We knew it was going to be a great view but we had no idea what we were in for….

As we got off the elevator we got our first clue.

Is this not breathtaking????

We got into our room and explored. Which didn’t really take too long because it is small but it is so cleverly put together that it fit our needs perfectly.

Here is the bathroom when you first walk in.

And the little kitchen area with lots of hidden storage places. It had a sink with a sponge and complimentary dish soap. Also a fridge and a microwave. We brought our leftovers home on some nights but we never got hungry enough to actually warm them up and eat them. On the left there is another mirror and vanity area with outlets. This was perfect for when I was still getting ready and Jonathan was in the bathroom.

And the bed with a pull out sleeper sofa and part of my leg.

And here is the view! We were beside ourselves with giddiness. You can see Space Mountain and the CASTLE!!! Ballin!!!

After settling down we put Stacy on and I started to unpack. This is the first time I’ve done this on any trip. I usually just live out of my suitcase. But with an extra person it was soooo much easier getting ready every day when I could actually see the clothes. And I packed each day’s outfits all together. Yay for being uber organized on this trip!

We then got ready to leave for Narcoosse’s. We went down to the 5th floor and took the bridgeway over to the Contemporary and hopped on the monorail.

The Contemprary from BLT.

This would be one of my top benefits to staying at BLT. I loved riding the monorail everywhere! And Sloan loved it too. She was so excited to get on the “choo choo”.

We got off at the Grand Floridian and took some pictures as we walked to Narcoossee’s.

Love these tiles of Mrs. Potts and Chip!

As we checked in, Sloan flirted with the chefs that we could see in the front. We were seated very promptly and I was immediately nervous about how fancy this place was. I was second guessing all of our nice ADRs and having a toddler with us.

Then our server came and calmed our fears! He brought out some fruit to start Sloan off with while we had a chance to look at the menu. (not that we haven’t already been drooling over the menus we had found online) If you have any fears about taking a small child to a nicer restaurant at WDW let me tell you, all of the staff we encountered were more than accommodating for children. They are very nice and understanding. Most of the time they will bring food out early for the little ones.

Here’s how the Deluxe Dining Plan works. You get 3 table service meals and 2 snack credits a day per person. At each table service you get an appetizer, an entrée, and a dessert. If a child is under 3 years old then they do not get a dining plan but they are allowed to eat off of your plate. Anything ordered for the child in addition to your meal allotment you do have to pay out of pocket. But if you go to a buffet then they don’t charge you if the child eats off of their own plate.

Narcoossee’s is a 2 credit dining experience. Just for those who were curious.

I know you are dying for me to get to some food pics…

Drinks

Jonathan got an Ace Joker Hard Cider which he loved. And I ordered a glass of Riesling. I don’t remember the brand of wine but it was good.

Appetizers

Jonathan ordered the Prince Edward Island Mussels. They were so yummy that I had to sneak a bite.

I ordered Winter Pear Salad which was so good and fresh!

Here is Sloan with her fruit. Can you see the mess I was mortified about???

Entrée

Jonathan ordered the Butter Poached Lobster Tail and Grilled Filet Mignon (apparently he wasn’t planning on eating for the rest of the trip)

I ordered the Pan-Seared Sweet Potato-Ricotta Gnocchi with Scallops. There were these little mushrooms that were delicious!

Sloan with her grilled chicken, potatoes, and green beans. And let me tell you, I know this was off of the kid’s menu but those were the BEST tasting green beans! Disney doesn’t play when it comes to food.

BTW I love my face in that picture. This was toward the end of our meal and she was starting to throw the food on the ground so we were taking it away.

Dessert

Jonathan had a Mango Sorbet and I had the Mango-Banana tart which we didn't get pictures of. To be honest, dessert wasn't really anything to talk about.

Overall our server was very attentive and understanding of my wild child. (don’t get me wrong, she wasn’t disturbing other guests). And this was Jonathan’s favorite meal of the whole trip!

Stuffed as two turkeys on Thanksgiving day, we waddled our way back to the monorail and to our room. I gave Sloan a bath and got her into her jammies.

Then the most magical thing happened…we watched Wishes from our balcony.

*sigh* What a beautiful sight. Though I will say, it’s a lot different without the music but how can you beat watching Wishes in your jammies? What a perfect ending to a perfect day!

Up Next: Breakfast at Kona, More Magic Kingdom, And our first time Vynalmation trading.

COMPLETED TR: WDW Veterans and the Trip of Firsts! There's a First Time For Everything.

Past WDW Trips: Multiple During Childhood, Stayed Offsite/2006, Stayed Offsite/2007, POP/2010, Daytrip/2010, BLT/2012, CS/2013
Old 11-20-2012, 10:58 AM   #17
stimmons
Mouseketeer

I hope everyone has a GREAT Thanksgiving. Wishing everyone lots of turkey, dressing (or stuffing depending on where you live), and pumpkin pie!!!!

COMPLETED TR: WDW Veterans and the Trip of Firsts! There's a First Time For Everything.

Past WDW Trips: Multiple During Childhood, Stayed Offsite/2006, Stayed Offsite/2007, POP/2010, Daytrip/2010, BLT/2012, CS/2013
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-29-2012, 01:22 PM   #18
stimmons
Mouseketeer

Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving! We already have all of our Christmas decorations up and shopping done! How about you?

First Vinylmation Trade and More Magic

09/16/2012

We woke up at around 7:00 on this Magic Kingdom morning and I immediately had to sneak a peak off our patio. The butterflies never go away from seeing that castle from our resort! We got ourselves ready and headed to the Contemporary. As we were passing through we were running kinda early so we stopped by the Fantasia Gift Shop to window shop.

Along with making a mental list of things I needed to buy we saw our first opportunity to trade Vinylamtions.

Side note: As we were planning this trip Jonathan had expressed his interest in Vinylmation trading but he was too shy to actually do it. So I surprised him with his first figure which was a blue Mickey that said 2012 on it. And I promised to help him. I figured it would be a great opportunity since we would have no one other than ourselves there and we could indulge in the “childish” fun that is Disney! Besides, adults are only children grown up!

Back to our first trade! I ask the CM if we can trade and she pulled out the black box with all of the numbers. Now, they are very lenient in that if you pick a number and you don’t like the figure then they will let you pick another number and have a choice between the two. So Jonathan picked and we got a new figure! Unfortunately we didn't get a picture nor did I write down what the figure looked like. Disfail!!!!!

As we left the shop we headed to the monorail to ride over to the Polynesian for breakfast at Kona. I LOVE this resort! It is a dream of mine to stay there one day. *sigh* One day….

Here are some GREAT pics the Hubs got at the Polynesian. Have I mentioned how much he loves taking and editing pictures?

I love this waterfall right in the middle of the lobby.

Someone does NOT look happy.

Hidden Mickey!

We were still early so we walked around stopped into another shop and traded vinylmations again. This time we got a Grumpy figure!

Jonathan was laughing because I made him take a picture with his Grumpy!

After some meandering we saw that it was closer to time for our ADR so we checked in at Kona.

Quick impromptu Mommy/Baby pic.

Love that sweet girl!

After a short wait we were seated and the host CM that took us immediately went and got a fruit bowl for Sloan as to distract her. She wasn’t acting up or anything he just knew exactly how to help parents with little ones! Since Sloan was preoccupied we were able to look at the menu and order fairly quickly.

Jonathan ordered the Macadamia Pineapple Pancakes with sausage. He ended up just kinda picking at it. He didn’t realize that they put the nuts in the pancake batter. Duh!

I got Tonga Toast with bacon and eggs. Mainly the bacon and eggs for Sloan to pick off of. I have been looking forward to Tonga Toast. This was my first time trying it after salivating over all of ya’lls TRs. (Microsoft Word is telling me that “ya’lls” is not a word, lol) It was everything I hoped it would be. Cinnamon, sugar, banana goodness!

I think somebody wanted some of my Tonga Toast.

After finished up our meal we took the monorail back to the Magic Kingdom I was so excited about spending another day in my favorite park with my favorite people!

We got through bag check and the turnstiles and we noticed that the Mayor was out on Main Street with his constituents singing. So we stopped and watched. I was so nice to take things slow instead of rushing around making sure we get on every ride. One of my new favorite things to do is take in the Main Street atmosphere.

After listening for a little while we moved on and stopped for our mandatory “in front of the castle” pictures.

LOVE this one with Daddy!

Once we were done we headed to the Haunted Mansion. We had passed by the day before but the wait was a little longer than what we wanted to endure. I love the CMs at this ride. The CM at the front was this guy with the most bored look on his face and his nose way up in the air. I asked him where the stroller parking was and he looked down at me without cracking a smile or saying a work and sarcastically pointed to it. I smiled and told him thank you very enthusiastically just because I knew he was staying in character and laughed to myself.

I love the new line! We could have bypassed all of it but we wanted to see the new stuff.

They have an organ that when you touch the keys it shoots air at your fingers.

And a bookcase where the books pop out at you.

I was expecting Sloan to have reservations about the Haunted Mansion because of the creepiness but she was absolutely fine. At this point she just kept saying, “ride! ride!”.

After the HM we headed to Adventureland and caught the tail end of Jack Sparrow’s show. Which was great! I had never seen it before and the CM playing Jack did an awesome job!

We then hopped on POTC with virtually no wait. Yes!!!

Now, I have mentioned Sloan’s love for Jake and the Neverland Pirates. Watching Captain Sparrow and riding POTC completely solidified her obsession with pirates in general. From this moment on all we heard for the rest of the trip was “Yo ho, Yo ho!” or just “Yo ho ho!” And the dreams of my little princess in her tiara and fluffy dress died. I guess it will be the Pirate’s League for us when she’s old enough. Cue disappointing music…wah, wah, wah….

After Pirates it was the Tiki Room (thank goodness for the return of the original Tiki Room, I couldn’t stand Iago and Zazu), the Jungle Cruise with a great captain, and Aladdin’s Carpets.

As we finished up Adventureland we made our way to The Crystal Palace for lunch and our first real character interaction with Pooh and friends.

Up Next: CP, Sloan’s first haircut, and it almost raining on our parade!

Last edited by stimmons; 11-29-2012 at 02:04 PM.
Old 12-11-2012, 02:08 PM   #19
stimmons
Mouseketeer

I'm so excited to announce that we are officially planning our next trip!!! YAYYYYYY!

So, Dear Readers I am asking for your advice. We are definitely doing DVC Request again but we are stuck on which resort to pick. Our trip will be for Thanksgiving so pool won't be a priority for us. Please give us some direction and input. What resort would you stay at and why?

Thank you so much!!!

I've been working on some updates and will be posting soon. Back to your regularly scheduled program.

Old 12-12-2012, 09:36 AM   #20
stimmons
Mouseketeer

09/16/2012

First Haircut and Monsoon

Hi friends! I apologize for the long wait for an update. Christmas has gotten the better of me. But I am done with my shopping and wrapping and I’m all yours!!!

We left off with leaving Adventureland heading to CP for lunch with Pooh and Friends.

This is where I started to get nervous. I know that Peter Pan didn’t go over too well and these fuzzy guys are huge, right? Thankfully we were able to sit down, get settled, and get some food before we got to find out how our little princess…errr…pirate would do.

Now for our buffet meals we really didn’t take many pictures. Most of the buffets at Disney are pretty similar. Mac and cheese, mashed potatoes, an assortment of fruit and veggies, bread, ham, chicken, beef. Very yummy but also pretty predictable. Which is great when traveling with a toddler!

I was able to get some kid friendly foods on a plate for Sloan while also getting my plate. (yes, I’m talented like that.) Then I tag teamed Jonathan in to go get his plate.

And this is where it gets hairy. We see Eeyore making his way to our table; stopping at each child, signing autographs and posing for pictures. Sloan gets excited as we show her that he’s coming. She even calls for Eeyore and makes a come here movement with her hand. Yay!!! She is excited, and we are excited.

Here is Sloan saying, "Come here."

Then Eeyore is at the table right across from us with his back to Sloan’s highchair. I see that he’s finishing up with the table, I tell Jonathan to get the camera ready. What happens next will set the tone for all character interactions. Eeyore turns around and is immediately eye to eye with Sloan and she FREAKS! If you could have seen how high she jumped. I partly wanted to laugh. Does that make me a bad mom??? So I grab her up trying to console her while Eeyore is embarrassed. We have him sign the autograph book and move on.

This picture sums up our first character....

This pattern repeats itself for the rest of the meal. She sees a character, gets excited, tells them to come here, and then freaks out when they get 3 feet from her. C’est la vie. Maybe next time?

We finish eating and apologizing to Pooh, Piglet, and Tigger. We have bigger plans to attend to!

Walking up Main Street I decide it’s a perfect to do something I’ve always wanted to do. Buy a Mickey balloon!!! We find a balloon vendor, or whatever they are called, and picked out the perfect one. We tied it to Sloan’s stroller and she loved it! All she wanted to do is play with the ‘bah-oon’.

Her legs are shiney from sun block.

We found the Harmony Barber Shop tucked in the corner by the Fire Station. They were really slow with business and able to take Sloan right away even though we were a little early.

Our sweet CM Margaret got Sloan up in the chair and let her pick out a toy to play with. They very strategically face kids away from the mirror so they can’t see what’s going on.

Then the stickers happened. She covered Sloan with stickers and even gave her several off of the roll to play with.

So while Margaret snipped away Sloan was peeling off her stickers and sticking them on me! I was so proud of my little girl she did so well sitting there and playing.

I love this picture! She is like, what is going on?!?!?!

As we finished up Margaret put all of the little clippings in a tissue, then into a little bag of pixie dust. Sloan put on her First Haircut Ears which were so cute! Then Margaret wrote out Sloan’s certificate commemorating her first haircut a Walt Disney World! So sweet! If you have a little one and can hold out for their first haircut I highly recommend the awesome CMs at Harmony Barber Shop. They are so patient and kind! And they understand what a “moment” it is.

BEST PICTURE EVER!!!!!

Fresh from our haircut and balloon we did some browsing at the Emporium and settled down nice and early for our seat on Main St for the parade. We sat right in front of an open door so that we had the air conditioning to our backs.

Soon we were entertained by the Dapper Dans. They are such great entertainment! We loved sitting there listening to them sing and tell their corny but funny jokes.

But after sitting there for too long and getting tired of Mommy shoving goldfish in her mouth, Sloan got restless. So I let her out of her stroller to stretch her legs. She played with the CMs at the open door of the Emporium (receiving endless amounts of stickers). I cannot even count how many stickers this child got during the trip!!!

Finally she got bold and darted down Main St, sucker in hand! (For those of you who do not know what a sucker is, it’s a country way of saying lollypop, which I brought with me as a bribery tool. Write that one down for later…) Before I knew it a PhotoPass photographer had noticed her and it turned into a mini photo shoot. These turned out to be some of my favorite pictures of the trip and the reason why we had to buy the whole Photopass CD. Good job Disney, in exploiting my kid’s cuteness for your profit! Teehee. I will fall victim every time!

For your enjoyment...

Aren't they precious???

We went back to our parade spot where Jonathan was sitting guard. I was able to convince Sloan to sit in her stroller as the parade started. Sloan loved looking at all of the characters and pointing them out. She waved and waved to her heart’s content.

We were sitting by this girl who was wearing a Maleficent hat horns and all! She got such great reactions from all of the characters in the parade!! When Aurora saw her, she cowered in fear while Prince Phillip put his arm around her and “protected” her.

After the parade we walked to Tomorrowland to ride the TTA. As we walked, it started to rain so we hopped in line and before we could say, “Paging Mr. Tom Morrow” we were plopping ourselves down on the ride. We absolutely love everything about this ride.

Riiiiiight at the end my little girl put her head back and fell asleep. So we disembarked and put her in the stroller laying down. Then the bottom fell out of the sky. It POURED!!!!!

We found shelter at the exit of the Monster’s Inc Laugh Floor. We waited, and waited, and waited and 45 minutes later the rain had let up enough for us to make our way back to BLT. So we put one of our ponchos over the stroller covering Sleeping Beauty and we were on our way.

Up Next: Chasing ducks and The Maya Grill

Old 12-12-2012, 10:19 AM   #21
heaven2dc
DIS Veteran

Your Sleeping Beauty is absolutely the most adorable little one I've seen in a long time! I had to laugh to myself at her reaction to Eeyore - little ones are so unpredictable, aren't they?!! The pic of her looking in the mirror after her haircut is priceless

WDW Trips: March 1997 (BWV), February 2008 (BWV), December 2008 (BWV), Nov/Dec 2010 (BWV)

Disneyland Trips: September 1983, AP Holder July 2013 (twice), August 2013 & November 2013

All Our Dreams Come True If We Have the Courage To Pursue Them - Walt Disney
Old 12-12-2012, 11:40 AM   #22
stimmons
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by heaven2dc View Post
Your Sleeping Beauty is absolutely the most adorable little one I've seen in a long time! I had to laugh to myself at her reaction to Eeyore - little ones are so unpredictable, aren't they?!! The pic of her looking in the mirror after her haircut is priceless
Thanks so much!!!

We still laugh about Eeyore when we talk about it. Hopefully we will get better by our next trip.

I am so in love with that picture! Kudos to the Hubs for his awesome skills.

Old 12-12-2012, 12:14 PM   #23
stimmons
Mouseketeer

09/16/2012

Chasing Ducks and The Maya Grill

We got back to our resort and chilled for a little while. Watched some Stacy while getting our showers and preparing ourselves for dinner. I absolutely hate going to dinner without cleaning up first.

I know that this is sometimes a big debate, especially in our family. Jonathan thinks that while at the World, showering before dinner is a waste of precious time. I, however, don't like being stinky and sweaty while eating. So this is usually our point of contention in trip planning.

But thankfully he *usually* gives in on this one.

So we hopped in the car and drove over to Coronado Springs for our ADR. I have never been to CS before but Jonathan had stayed here with his family on a previous trip when he was younger. He has been trying to get me to go and I've been putting him off. So I finally conceded and we gave ourselves some time to explore. I ended up very happy that I did!

It is such a beautiful resort! I love the theming and it's just like Disney to do everything to the tee.

Here are me and Sloan in the lobby right as you walk in.

We decided to take a walk and Sloan found a duck. Now this poor duck was chased all around!!! Sloan would not leave it alone and I was too tired to chase Sloan!

This photo was after a good 10 minutes of duck chasing. She was yelling, "QUACK QUACK!!!!!"

Who knew that ducks could work up such an appetite? So we went to the Maya Grill for our ADR.

Believe it or not but this is the kid's chicken and rice plate.

It was HUGE! And Sloan loved it. She could eat rice and chicken for every meal.

And she loves chips.

Appetizers:

Jonathan got the Queso Fundido which is melted cheese with poblano peppers, chorizo, and flour tortillas

I had the Guacamole. Delish!

Entree:

Jonathan had the Sirloin Tacos which he loved!

I ordered the Chicken Enchiladas. They were so yummy.

Dessert:

Jonathan was very full so he got the Espresso Dessert Shot

And I had the most delicious Coconut Flan. Now, flan isn't for everyone. It's very custardy and eggy. But my mom is Cuban so I love it.

Don't forget Sloan, she ate the chocolate shavings off of Jonathan's dessert.

When she really likes something she shoves it all in her mouth really fast like you are going to take it away. Silly girl!

After dinner it was back to the resort for pj's and fireworks. Ahhhhh, isn't this the life?

Up Next: Rainforest Cafe for breakfast and loads of animals at Animal Kingdom.

Old 12-21-2012, 12:03 PM   #24
stimmons
Mouseketeer

Merry Christmas fellow Disers! I will be back after the holidays with an update. But in the meantime I'm wishing everyone a safe and happy holiday season!

Old 12-26-2012, 04:19 PM   #25
cindianne320
Mouseketeer

Just followed your siggy link from another TR!

We will be heading to the World with our 4 year old and 14 month old next October.

Loving your report so far- especially that you got her first haircut there!
2010- POR, 2011- POP, 2013- A of A and Disney Dream! 2014-CS
Old 12-27-2012, 12:12 PM   #26
stimmons
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindianne320 View Post
Just followed your siggy link from another TR!

We will be heading to the World with our 4 year old and 14 month old next October.

Loving your report so far- especially that you got her first haircut there!
And thank you for reading!

You are very brave to try it with two little ones! Though I bet it will be loads of fun!

The first haircut was definitely something we recommend to other Disney fanatics. They make it so special. Maybe you will get to do it too???

Old 12-27-2012, 12:39 PM   #27
stimmons
Mouseketeer

Side note: I hope everyone had a great Christmas!!! We sure did. Did you see the Christmas Parade at Disney? We loved watching it! Sloan waved at all of the characters while we drooled over the new Fantasyland. I can’t wait for our next trip!!!

09/17/12

A Rainforest Café Breakfast With a Side of Wild Animals

We got up and were ready to hit the road at 7:30 for our Animal Kingdom day. We decided to drive over since we would be eating breakfast there. Our ADR was for 8:30 at Rainforest Café but the park opened at 8:00.

So Jonathan braved the crowds to get FPs for Kilimanjaro Safari while we perused the gift shop and watched the diver clean the huge aquarium inside the restaurant.

I have to be honest, I wasn’t particularly excited about this breakfast. I like the ambiance of Rainforest Café and the cool animatronics animals but the food is really only subpar. Please no flaming, just my humble opinion. But Jonathan wanted to eat here so I gave a little.

We were seated right next to the Gorillas which Sloan loved! Our waitress was as sweet as ever. She got our drink orders and offered to take Sloan’s sippy cup so she could fill it up with ice water for her. Jonathan ordered a Java Freeze which was like a frozen coffee which was included in the Deluxe Dining Plan. He has a fondness for frou-frou drinks. Tee-hee. I just got a coffee.

Then we got our food.

Jonathan had the Pie of the Viper with sausage added to it. It’s basically a breakfast pizza. It was colossal! I think we could’ve shared it with the gorillas and still had some left over!!!

I had the Benedict Bamba which is eggs benedict with a side of breakfast potatoes and fruit. I ordered Sloan a side of eggs and bacon and let her pick off of my fruit.

I have to tell you, I LOVED everything about this breakfast! It was so yummy. I will definitely be going back. Rainforest Café, you have redeemed yourself!

After breakfast we stopped for a quick Photopass picture in front of the ToL and decided to take advantage of the FPs Jonathan ran to get before breakfast.

I love this pic that Jonathan got!

The line was a breeze and since it was morning the animals we up and alert. Sloan enjoyed pointing at all of them and making animal sounds. And she sat perfectly still on my lap.

Are you ready for some animal pictures??? Here are some anyways....

Well, hello Mr. Crocodile!

You lookin' at me?

The King.

During our trek through the African wild, some parents were so excited about the animals that they weren’t paying attention to their child who kept standing up. Our tour guide was awesomely cheery and passive aggressive which made for great entertainment. Every few minutes she would have to remind everyone to stay seated. Toward the end of our safari she had enough and in the most sweet and Disney sing-song like voice she said, “This is the last time I’m going to ask, please everyone stay seated to view the animals. Yes, that means you. I can see you with my mirror! (while waving in the mirror) Hiiiii!”

Jonathan captured the moment just perfectly.

Here is Sloan loving some animals.

And another one....I can't get enough of her.

As we left our Tour Guide we grabbed another FP for the Safari since Sloan liked it so much. We decided to try to make the next showing of FoTLK. Now this is hands down my absolute favorite show at Disney!

We sat in the Giraffe section and bleated to our hearts content. Yes, giraffes bleat like sheep and Sloan loved saying, “baaaaaaahhhhh!!!!”. She also liked the dancers on stilts.

Loooooove this!

Those silly monkeys!!!

Yay for the flying ballet bird thingy!!! I seriously dont' know what it's called but this is great!

Everybody dance!

I could tell Sloan was getting sleepy but decided to use our Safari FPs to keep her awake until lunch. As we were going through the line we got to where we drop off the stroller and our guide from the last Safari was there directing stroller traffic. We said hi and told her she had just given us a ride through Africa and she asked if it was any good. We told her, yes of course!

Not two seconds on the ride and Sloan fell asleep! She must have been exhausted because we were in the back row and it was one bumpy ride. We couldn’t believe she slept through the whole thing. Poor baby!

Up Next: Lunch at Yak and Yeti and a Slight (ok, BIG) Miscalculation at EE

Old 12-27-2012, 10:01 PM   #28
heaven2dc
DIS Veteran

Aww....such cute pics of Sloan! Love how she is taking everything in so intently FotLK in one of my fav's too and so is Kilimanjaro Safari Jonathan really got some great pics - esp of the giraffe! That is screensaver worthy

WDW Trips: March 1997 (BWV), February 2008 (BWV), December 2008 (BWV), Nov/Dec 2010 (BWV)

Disneyland Trips: September 1983, AP Holder July 2013 (twice), August 2013 & November 2013

All Our Dreams Come True If We Have the Courage To Pursue Them - Walt Disney
Old 12-28-2012, 12:28 PM   #29
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

Sloan is adorable! I love those pictures you got of her having fun in the middle of Main Street!

Your pictures of BLT have me excited to stay there in May! Remind me again of what room numbers we want to try and get. Do you know if that is the same for the grand villas?
Old 12-29-2012, 08:22 AM   #30
stimmons
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by heaven2dc View Post
Aww....such cute pics of Sloan! Love how she is taking everything in so intently FotLK in one of my fav's too and so is Kilimanjaro Safari Jonathan really got some great pics - esp of the giraffe! That is screensaver worthy
Thanks so much! She is a sweetie pie! Isn't FoTLK great??? Hands down, the best show at Disney! And I'll let Jonathan know what you think of his pic, he takes his pictures super serious! Lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post
Sloan is adorable! I love those pictures you got of her having fun in the middle of Main Street!

Your pictures of BLT have me excited to stay there in May! Remind me again of what room numbers we want to try and get. Do you know if that is the same for the grand villas?
Thanks! That Photopass CM saw the opportunity and it definitely worked to Disney's favor too.

I absolutely loved it at BLT. Our room was 8406 which "technically" was a lake view room but you can see that we are looking toward the left of our balcony to see the castle. Here's the thread we used to get an idea on what to request. We requested a high floor ending in 06 or 08. Good luck!!!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....t=official+blt

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: