Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-31-2012, 08:56 PM   #1
khoos
Earning My Ears

need advice on hotel and transportation

We are cruising on Dec 8th Western.
The 5 of us are arriving at Orlando 1:30pm on Friday and the other 4 at 6:30pm. Can you suggest what shuttle transportation to hotels near Port Canaveral?

What hotels to stay at PC?

Is there or should we take hotel shuttle?

Leaving all our flights are at 4:30pm - what is the best shuttle transport?

Thanks in advance
khoos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 09:03 PM   #2
kcashner
DIS Veteran

Honestly, what I would do is to stay at the Hyatt Place Northwest by the airport (this is different from the Hyatt MCO). They have 24/7 complimentary shuttle service from the airport to the hotel. They also have a package which includes the night in the hotel, breakfast, and round trip transportation to/from the cruise terminal for VERY reasonable rates. The rates do vary depending on dates--once we got $121, another time it was like $150. The transportation is good for up to 4 people in a room. There is a TGI Friday's within walking distance (we even did it with a wheelchair), and the shuttle driver offered to take us somewhere else if he wasn't busy doing airport runs. I really like this place! Best hotel breakfast I've ever had.

OK, if I were going to the port area, I'd look at Cocoa Beach shuttle and stay at either the Residence Inn (my first choice) or the CI&S. Both include breakfast and have a shuttle service to the cruise terminal, but with 5 of you a taxi would be cheaper and work on YOUR schedule.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-03-2012, 11:23 PM   #3
travelcoupons
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoos View Post
We are cruising on Dec 8th Western.
The 5 of us are arriving at Orlando 1:30pm on Friday and the other 4 at 6:30pm. Can you suggest what shuttle transportation to hotels near Port Canaveral?

What hotels to stay at PC?

Is there or should we take hotel shuttle?

Leaving all our flights are at 4:30pm - what is the best shuttle transport?

Thanks in advance
There's a map & listing of hotels in the Port Canaveral area that offer Cruise & Fly packages at www.parkingstay.com
These are nice because they offer you the whole package. Transportation from Airport to hotel to port and back.

There's so many options and ways to do it, it can get to be mind boggling at times.
Old 11-04-2012, 01:31 AM   #4
Namsupak
DIS Veteran

We usually stay at the MCO Hyatt. For us it is convenience as we often come in friday evenings before cruise. You can get stay certificate that sometimes helps to defer the cost. Seems like we average about $150 for one night or sometimes less depending on the deal we get. They have a luggage service which we like and there are several stores/restaurants in the airport to keep you occupied. The hotel restaurant actually has a great cuban sandwich. We have eaten breakfast there a well but it is more expense, you can always go to the food court in the morning though and then when you are done you just have to go downstairs and go to the cruise desk to be on your way.

WDW: 1998, March 2002, Dec 2006, Dec 2007, May 2008, Sept 2008, Dec 2009, Sept 2010, Jan 2011, July 2011, Jan 2012, Feb 2012, Aug 2012, Dec 2012
DCL: June 2008, Feb 2009, Dec 2009, Nov 2010, Jan 2011 (MV Dream), WBTA Sept 2011, Dec 2011, NYE Dream 2011-12, Jan 2012, March 2012 MV Fantasy, Dec 2012 Fantasy, May 2013 WBPC, Jan 2014
DLP: Sept 5, 2011
Coming Up: Sept 2014 WBTA
Namsupak is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: