Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-31-2012, 08:52 PM   #1
Pat329
Mouseketeer

LeCellier closed 300 to 400?

I made our reservations 6 months ago so I was really surprised to learn today that we can no longer be considered a lunch at 4pm for 1 table credit. 6 months ago it was considered lunch up to 4pm. When we arrived today about 3:45 they informed us that they were closed for the lunch to dinner conversion from 3:00 to 4:00 and at 4:00 the dinner becomes 2 credits on the dining plan. Like I said, 6 months ago I was told that you could still get in at 4 and be considered lunch. I'm sure they've discovered that everyone is trying to go in as close to 4 as possible and have changed their hours to stop this from happening. I don't know how long ago this happened and maybe I'm the only one that didn't know. I don't think their food is worth 2 table credits so we left and they agreed to mark our ressies so that we wouldn't be charged as a no-show. I just wanted to alert anyone that may have had the same plans as I did.

Pat329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 10:18 PM   #2
ls3015
Mouseketeer

If it was up to me, LeCellier could close for good and change over to a Taco Bell,
(But that's just my thoughts)
ls3015 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-31-2012, 11:38 PM   #3
Maggie'sMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat329 View Post
I made our reservations 6 months ago so I was really surprised to learn today that we can no longer be considered a lunch at 4pm for 1 table credit. 6 months ago it was considered lunch up to 4pm. When we arrived today about 3:45 they informed us that they were closed for the lunch to dinner conversion from 3:00 to 4:00 and at 4:00 the dinner becomes 2 credits on the dining plan. Like I said, 6 months ago I was told that you could still get in at 4 and be considered lunch. I'm sure they've discovered that everyone is trying to go in as close to 4 as possible and have changed their hours to stop this from happening. I don't know how long ago this happened and maybe I'm the only one that didn't know. I don't think their food is worth 2 table credits so we left and they agreed to mark our ressies so that we wouldn't be charged as a no-show. I just wanted to alert anyone that may have had the same plans as I did.
4:00 has always been the time when LC switches from lunch to dinner, and I'm reasonably sure they've always been closed from 3:00 to 4:00. What you encountered wasn't anything new, except that the 2 credits for dinner started this year. I find it hard to believe that anyone would make a 4:00 ADR and think it counts as lunch.
Maggie'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 11:51 PM   #4
kddisney502
P: What's the problem with Goofy?
L: Wish I knew, he's fine with Pluto.

LC had the same hours when we visited in Jan. For future reference, you can check the lunch/dinner hours for restaurants by entering day/meal/and the restaurant on the wdw dinning reservations page. Glad to hear you were able leave without being charged.
kddisney502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 11:54 PM   #5
cymbaldiva
DIS Veteran

The menus change between lunch and dinner - whomever advised you gave you bad advice.
Old 11-01-2012, 07:29 AM   #6
sheilanne
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggie'sMom

4:00 has always been the time when LC switches from lunch to dinner, and I'm reasonably sure they've always been closed from 3:00 to 4:00. What you encountered wasn't anything new, except that the 2 credits for dinner started this year. I find it hard to believe that anyone would make a 4:00 ADR and think it counts as lunch.
We have a 3:45 on 11/28. I wonder if this is lunch or dinner? I doublechecked the time and it is correct. Maybe they quit closing 3-4.
sheilanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 07:58 AM   #7
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

They do not close. But anything after 3 PM is considered dinner.

I don't think it is true that 6 months ago lunch was until 4 - I made a reservation last December for 3:30 and it was considered dinner.
Old 11-01-2012, 08:11 AM   #8
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher
I really wanted to like it, but I didn't

Quote:
Originally Posted by ls3015 View Post
If it was up to me, LeCellier could close for good and change over to a Taco Bell,
(But that's just my thoughts)
Im with you on this!

I agree with the below. You didnt do your homework. The disney website clearly states that lunch is until 230pm. Dinner starts at 330pm. Its unfortunate you didnt get to eat there. But at least you werent charged.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cymbaldiva View Post
The menus change between lunch and dinner - whomever advised you gave you bad advice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala View Post
They do not close. But anything after 3 PM is considered dinner.

I don't think it is true that 6 months ago lunch was until 4 - I made a reservation last December for 3:30 and it was considered dinner.

........."Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas".........

AUGUST "2013" DINING REVIEW / AUGUST "2012" DINING REVIEW
goofyintoronto is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: