Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-03-2012, 07:06 PM   #31
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

So, I posted the other day that I would also add a picture of my other foster kitten, Firework. I managed to catch her relaxing and got a quick pic with my phone. She is very camera shy, and runs every time I try to get a picture! She is gorgeous, so maybe she thinks she should get paid for the pics first

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR
Alien Encounter gave me PTSD!! A Dec '14 PTR

PhoenixStrength is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 07:12 PM   #32
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Your cats are cute we are noticing are DD1 is allergic to cats (breaks out in hives) so we kinda have to keep them out of the "play" areas but so far lots of vacuuming and washing keeps the allergies at bay - although they are not fond of the restrictions : /

Does someone come over to take care of your pets when you go away? Or do they go to kennel?
SAT887 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-03-2012, 07:19 PM   #33
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAT887 View Post
Your cats are cute we are noticing are DD1 is allergic to cats (breaks out in hives) so we kinda have to keep them out of the "play" areas but so far lots of vacuuming and washing keeps the allergies at bay - although they are not fond of the restrictions : /

Does someone come over to take care of your pets when you go away? Or do they go to kennel?
That's no fun, but the plus is at that young she can still grow out of it.

My family takes care of them when I go away. My dog Phoenix loves my sister's dog, and they all have cats too so they have no trouble caring for mine.

Old 11-03-2012, 07:28 PM   #34
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength

That's no fun, but the plus is at that young she can still grow out of it.

My family takes care of them when I go away. My dog Phoenix loves my sister's dog, and they all have cats too so they have no trouble caring for mine.
Yeah cat allergies are pretty bad in my DHs family so semi doubtful. They act more now but I couldn't give them up! Unless DD1 develops a severe allergy where it would be medically needed...

I'm so glad this year my sister will be able to watch my dog... We have a really good kennel but he gets so upset at first and comes home so skinny (he is lean to begin with so losing 5 lbs makes him look emaciated) thankfully this year my sister will come over and hang out with him It's nice that your family helps- even going to a nice kennel stresses animals out in my experience.
Old 11-04-2012, 04:17 PM   #35
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
Yeah cat allergies are pretty bad in my DHs family so semi doubtful. They act more now but I couldn't give them up! Unless DD1 develops a severe allergy where it would be medically needed...

I'm so glad this year my sister will be able to watch my dog... We have a really good kennel but he gets so upset at first and comes home so skinny (he is lean to begin with so losing 5 lbs makes him look emaciated) thankfully this year my sister will come over and hang out with him It's nice that your family helps- even going to a nice kennel stresses animals out in my experience.
My uncle was SEVERELY allergic to cats when he married my Aunt (she is the one I'm "related" to, my dad's sister). She does a ton of cat rescue and basically told him to get the shots or live in the guest house area He got the allergy shots weekly for a couple of years, then accidentally skipped one and had no problems. He hasn't had one since, his body built up the immunity and he is no longer allergic. I have a friend who has 2 sons, both born with dog and cat allergies. She has 3 dogs and 2 cats. They've both developed immunities over the years and were no longer allergic by 3. So, don't give up hope. Be careful of course, but with her being so young her body can definitely build up a resistance and immunity.

I worked at a very nice kennel for 4 years before changing to the pet sitting company I manage now. There are certain dogs that do very well in those situations, but being in their own home is usually best. My dog couldn't be in a kennel, even when I worked there! He is very nervous around strangers if I'm not there, and snaps at people. He has never bit anyone, but I wouldn't want to take the chance.

Old 11-04-2012, 04:25 PM   #36
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Quote:

My uncle was SEVERELY allergic to cats when he married my Aunt (she is the one I'm "related" to, my dad's sister). She does a ton of cat rescue and basically told him to get the shots or live in the guest house area He got the allergy shots weekly for a couple of years, then accidentally skipped one and had no problems. He hasn't had one since, his body built up the immunity and he is no longer allergic. I have a friend who has 2 sons, both born with dog and cat allergies. She has 3 dogs and 2 cats. They've both developed immunities over the years and were no longer allergic by 3. So, don't give up hope. Be careful of course, but with her being so young her body can definitely build up a resistance and immunity.

I worked at a very nice kennel for 4 years before changing to the pet sitting company I manage now. There are certain dogs that do very well in those situations, but being in their own home is usually best. My dog couldn't be in a kennel, even when I worked there! He is very nervous around strangers if I'm not there, and snaps at people. He has never bit anyone, but I wouldn't want to take the chance.
That's what I do hope for on the immunity part as well! And hilarious by your Aunt!

Aww, poor pup! Mine gets homesick with out us he has fun but the first few days he refuses to eat - even when he travels with us it gets him a little on edge. They had him eating ground chicken, rice and all sorts of goodies last time we went.
Old 11-05-2012, 10:01 AM   #37
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran

Firework is beautiful! I love that brown tabby with a hint of orange coloring.

It's funny about the camera shyness! Our first schnauzer Haley (lost her two years ago to cancer) was camera shy from about 3 months till she was a year. As soon as the camera came out she was gone and hiding under the bed. Then when she hit about a year old, cameras were fine again. So I have pictures of her as a tiny puppy and then as an adult, nothing in between.
Pluto0809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 01:52 PM   #38
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Fireworks is so pretty!

Ron used to be allergic to cats as well, but I told him I was no getting rid of mine! He took allergy pills the first few months and we kept the windows opened a lot. By fall he was fine. We do keep them out of the bedroom though. I hope Peanut takes after me and is not allergic to them!
ronnmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 02:26 PM   #39
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
That's what I do hope for on the immunity part as well! And hilarious by your Aunt!

Aww, poor pup! Mine gets homesick with out us he has fun but the first few days he refuses to eat - even when he travels with us it gets him a little on edge. They had him eating ground chicken, rice and all sorts of goodies last time we went.
Fingers crossed she develops the immunity. I just saw a new study released a couple of weeks ago about how having a cat and/or dog when a child is young helps them build up tolerance to common allergens and they get sick less often when older.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto0809 View Post
Firework is beautiful! I love that brown tabby with a hint of orange coloring.

It's funny about the camera shyness! Our first schnauzer Haley (lost her two years ago to cancer) was camera shy from about 3 months till she was a year. As soon as the camera came out she was gone and hiding under the bed. Then when she hit about a year old, cameras were fine again. So I have pictures of her as a tiny puppy and then as an adult, nothing in between.
She is gorgeous! She has brown, gold and orange tabby-like markings. And that is funny that Haley was that way too with being camera shy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
Fireworks is so pretty!

Ron used to be allergic to cats as well, but I told him I was no getting rid of mine! He took allergy pills the first few months and we kept the windows opened a lot. By fall he was fine. We do keep them out of the bedroom though. I hope Peanut takes after me and is not allergic to them!
That is great that Ron is no longer having reactions to cats. I think you would know by now if she was allergic, even if they haven't been that close to her she is exposed to their dander in the air. At the very least she isn't very allergic since she isn't having reactions.

And can I say, I love seeing your ticker! You better do a TR for that trip, as I cannot wait to hear how Claudia (and hopefully your SDD!) love WDW

Old 11-05-2012, 02:48 PM   #40
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength View Post
That is great that Ron is no longer having reactions to cats. I think you would know by now if she was allergic, even if they haven't been that close to her she is exposed to their dander in the air. At the very least she isn't very allergic since she isn't having reactions.

And can I say, I love seeing your ticker! You better do a TR for that trip, as I cannot wait to hear how Claudia (and hopefully your SDD!) love WDW
I even had her pet the cats a few times, and didn't wash her hands after, so I agree with you that she probably isn't. Yay!

Woohoo! You noticed! Not only will I be doing a TR, but I will also start a PTR as soon as I finish my current TR. As for if SDD will be joining us, you'll have to wait and see.
ronnmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 03:52 PM   #41
PhoenixStrength

THURSDAY NOVEMBER 29TH

My flight leaves at 6:55am, so I will be arriving at BWI around 5am. My father has volunteered to drop me off since he is up that early for work, that way I don't have to leave my car in the expensive lot while I'm gone. I'll check in for my flight with Southwest:

Once I may it thru security I'll probably grab something to eat and then wait for my flight. Hopefully at 6:55am, or maybe earlier, we will

Once I land (around 9am) I'm going to get my own bags (I'm too paranoid to let DME get them) and then check-in at the DME counter.

And get in line for the bus for POP Century (and CBR).

I'm really hoping to get an actual DME bus this time, since last time I got a cruise line bus and didn't get to see the video After stopping at CBR first, which it normally does, I will arrive at

And check-in.

I doubt my room will be ready yet since it will probably be 11am-ish at that time. But I can hope!!! If my room is ready I'll go and put my bags in my room, if not I'll check them and then head to the bus stops. According to my plan I posted a few days ago I'm heading to AK, but that changed today. Why???? Because I managed to get a dinner ADR for somewhere I've never been. So, instead I'll be heading to this bus stop:

Once I get there (hoping 12-12:30pm range) I will go to get my PP+ card, then I will hop on this...

...riding the Resort loop, to get off at the monorail resorts and see the Christmas decorations, especially GF's Gingerbread house. Once I finish those I'm planning on taking the boat over to the Wilderness Lodge to see their tree and decorations. I'm thinking if I have time after that I'll take the boat back to MK, the Epcot Monorail to Epcot, then the boat over to check out the decorations at Boardwalk, Beach and Yacht club. If I don't have time I'll have to put them off until that night, as I have a 6:55pm ADR to eat here:

Yup, I managed to get a dinner ADR for CRT!!!!!!! I am so excited for this! If I have time before the ADR, but not enough to head to the other resorts, I'll ride a few things before the ADR. After the ADR though I have to leave, as it is a MVMCP night and I'm not doing that until Sunday. If I didn't get to BW, BC & YC earlier I'll do them next, otherwise I'll probably head to DTD for a bit. Not too long though, as I'll want to get back to POP to get in my room (if I didn't get lucky earlier) and get unpacked and go to bed, since I got up early that morning.

What does everyone think?

Old 11-06-2012, 04:00 PM   #42
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran

Yea for arrival day! You have a lot packed into one day but it sounds like lots of fun.

That's great that you got a ADR for CRT. Mom and I talked about eating there but we didn't want to use two credits. Plus I had another restaurant in mind for our MK day. Someday we will get there.

We will be at Epcot all day that day so I don't think we will run into each other.
Pluto0809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 04:16 PM   #43
Valgoof
DIS Veteran

Congrats on getting the CRT ADR!! I love the pictures showing us your destinations.

3 trips as a kid/teen-Offsite Dec 2011-Offsite Dec 2012-Pop Century Feb 2014-OKW
Nov 2014-Coronado Springs and AKV Kidani Feb 2015 All Star Music April 2015 AKV Jambo and BWV Oct 2015 POFQ
Valgoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 04:34 PM   #44
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto0809 View Post
Yea for arrival day! You have a lot packed into one day but it sounds like lots of fun.

That's great that you got a ADR for CRT. Mom and I talked about eating there but we didn't want to use two credits. Plus I had another restaurant in mind for our MK day. Someday we will get there.

We will be at Epcot all day that day so I don't think we will run into each other.

Yeah, I am just hoping my flight winds up being on time, and DME doesn't take forever like it did in February, that way I can get everything done.

I have PP+ this time, and so I was really hoping I could get a character meal to use with it. I'm still trying for breakfast at Akerhaus, but we'll see if I get lucky there.

Too bad we won't see each other that day. Maybe I'll see you from the Epcot monorail!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgoof View Post
Congrats on getting the CRT ADR!! I love the pictures showing us your destinations.
Thanks, I'm so excited I got it. That will be my first official character meal. When I was a teenager they had characters at LTT and one dinner I remember Chip, Dale, Pluto and others being there, but I don't remember it well and it was before real character meals, they just walked around without the "order" they have now.

Old 11-06-2012, 04:59 PM   #45
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Thanks, I'm so excited I got it. That will be my first official character meal. When I was a teenager they had characters at LTT and one dinner I remember Chip, Dale, Pluto and others being there, but I don't remember it well and it was before real character meals, they just walked around without the "order" they have now.
I miss the old character meals! I remember going on the Empress Lily (now Fulton's) and Chef Mickey's in DTD! Empress Lily was my all time favorite. Now it's a toss up between Chef Mickey and the Crystal Palace.... I am very excited for CRT as well because I probably haven't eaten there since the mid 90's when it wasKing Stefan's!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: