Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-31-2012, 12:47 PM   #1
tracyanne
Earning My Ears

September 2013 visit

Hi,

We have recently booked a trip to Universal Theme parks for September 2013 and now wondering if I should change the date due to potential hurricane season. We visited Disney during August and all was well. Any feedback/experience I could get would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
tracyanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 01:47 PM   #2
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracyanne View Post
Hi,

We have recently booked a trip to Universal Theme parks for September 2013 and now wondering if I should change the date due to potential hurricane season. We visited Disney during August and all was well. Any feedback/experience I could get would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Hurricane season runs from June 1st to November 30th so it's quite a long window of time. When did you want to visit if you moved the dates?

We have been very fortunate with no major storms for quite a while now and hopefully that trend will continue. I wouldn't move the trip just because there might be a tropical system...that's always the risk you run in Florida.

Moving to the main board for more responses.
Old 11-10-2012, 12:48 PM   #3
Larrabe
Mouseketeer

Hey, Tracy Anne! We went to UNI in September 2010, which was during the third most active Atlantic hurricane season, and had tropical storms named Fiona, Gaston, and Hermine, all of which I took as very bad signs. Not gonna lie - I was EXTREMELY uptight before our trip, but we ended up having great weather, (upper 80's - low 90's, with only one afternoon of rain,) so I would totally book another September vacation.

Now, would I worry about the weather again even though it's out of my control? Well ... yeah, but then again, I worry over everything!

My blog about running, writing, rejoicing, and runDisney! Run. Write. Rejoice.

Larrabe is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: