Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-31-2012, 01:17 PM   #1
figment13
Mouseketeer

Question Magical Vacation Homes

Has anybody rented at Windsor Hills from Magical Vacation Homes?
Would appreciate any info,good bad or neutral. Thanks a lot.
Old 11-02-2012, 12:20 PM   #2
Zenika
Earning My Ears

We are renting from them in January! From my dealings with this company so far, we are impressed. We had to change the dates and it was a breeze. I have seen many good reviews and no bad ones. there are even some youtube reviews out there...(can't post link while at work).

80ish days and we will be there!

1993-Offsite
1995-Offsite
2005-POR
2006-POR
2011-POR
2012-Offsite
Zenika is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-10-2013, 12:33 PM   #3
taylorcpa
Mouseketeer

Bumping. Any recent reviews?
taylorcpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 09:39 AM   #4
taylorcpa
Mouseketeer

I called yesterday and spoke with someone at Magical Vacation Homes. Honestly, I wasn't impressed and will probably rent directly thru an owner.
taylorcpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:46 PM   #5
wendamjb
Earning My Ears

We used Magical Vacation Homes for our December trip. We stayed in a three bedroom condo in Windsor Hills. I agree with the above, you will not get "warm and fuzzies" when you contact the office while you are researching. But, if you know exactly what you want, have rented properties before and know what it entails, they are fine. The condo itself was beautiful and just what was described. The rates couldn't be beat. Oh, I did have to call the emergency number at our check in because I couldn't get in to the condo. (My fault, not theirs.) And the gentleman I spoke with was warm, helpful and patient. I would not hesitate to use them again.
wendamjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:30 PM   #6
CarolAnnB
DIS Veteran

We rented from the last summer at Reunion Resort. I booked online/via email and that went smoothly. When we got to the condo on Wednesday, the french doors to the balcony were opened. Apparently when they cleaned they did not lock it. I called and they did not seem concerned. I finally figured out you had to push a lever down at the bottom of the door to get them to stay closed. Then the wifi would not work. We only rent places with wifi as my DH needs it for work. We called that first night and got voicemail. They called back the next afternoon and said it was because of the weather and it should be straightened out (there were no storms but I did not argue). Got back that night and still didn't work. Called again. He called the next day and said we could try to reset the router in the laundry closet and that would fix it. That did not work either. Called twice more over the weekend with no response, said we HAD to have it on Monday for work. Finally on Thursday (after a week with no wifi) someone must have come to fix it (no call) because it was working when we got back from the parks and my DH's phone charger which was sitting on the counter was broken (fine when we left). It didn't seem to me like they cared much about customer service once they had my money or maybe they have too many units and not enough people to manage them, but I would not rent from them again.

So sad ~ no countdown
CarolAnnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 05:32 AM   #7
fitmom3
Lori

DON'T USE THEM! We used them last March break. They have NO customer service. We had problems with our phone and they didn't send someone out until three days later. When the repair person showed up he didn't knock and just enterned our condo. I sent an email to complain and no response. I booked with vacation central a couple of years ago and had the best customer service.

First Trip with kids - Windsor Hills Feb 2011, Windsor Hills March break 2012, Aviana March break 2013
fitmom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 11:38 AM   #8
bengalfreak
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitmom3 View Post
DON'T USE THEM! We used them last March break. They have NO customer service. We had problems with our phone and they didn't send someone out until three days later. When the repair person showed up he didn't knock and just enterned our condo. I sent an email to complain and no response. I booked with vacation central a couple of years ago and had the best customer service.

I'm shocked at these negative comments. They have an outstanding record with the BBB. If you sue them in the future, make sure you lodge a BBB complaint.

The Bengals and WDW. Life should have a few obsessions!

bengalfreak is offline   Reply With Quote