Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-31-2012, 12:45 PM   #1
ahr023
Earning My Ears

Which to use DDP and which to pay OOP?

We have a trip to WDW 12/26-12/31 and have the DDP for 3 of us (youngest is under 3). I have made several reservations and since it is more than the DDP will cover I want advice on which ones we should use the plan for and which we should pay for out of pocket.
Here is what we have:
CRT - Lunch (2 credits)
Coral Reef - Lunch
Ohana - Dinner
Chef Mickey's - Brunch
Les Chefs de France - Dinner
Boma - Dinner

We are one over right now. I am guessing we should pay OOP for Chef Mickey's?
I do not think I will book anymore table service meals. I wanted to book a breakfast but didn't want to give up morning park hours. We may add that our last (half ) day if we do not add a park day.
Thank you!
ahr023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 12:49 PM   #2
Momto2PrncChrmgs
DIS Veteran

Chefs is probably the cheapest of the two. You may want want to check the prices on allears.net to be sure. Enjoy your trip!!

1977-Off Site May 2000-Off Site April/May 2005-ASMo May 2007-POP May 2008-POP Jan. 2009-CBR Jan. 2011-POP Jan. 2013-POR Sept. 2014-POP
Momto2PrncChrmgs is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-31-2012, 12:53 PM   #3
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher
I really wanted to like it, but I didn't

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahr023 View Post
We have a trip to WDW 12/26-12/31 and have the DDP for 3 of us (youngest is under 3). I have made several reservations and since it is more than the DDP will cover I want advice on which ones we should use the plan for and which we should pay for out of pocket.
Here is what we have:
CRT - Lunch (2 credits)
Coral Reef - Lunch
Ohana - Dinner
Chef Mickey's - Brunch
Les Chefs de France - Dinner
Boma - Dinner

We are one over right now. I am guessing we should pay OOP for Chef Mickey's?
I do not think I will book anymore table service meals. I wanted to book a breakfast but didn't want to give up morning park hours. We may add that our last (half ) day if we do not add a park day.
Thank you!
CRT costs $55-60 OOP.
Ohana and Boma are about about $35-40 OOP.
Chef Mickeys is about $30 OOP.

I would probably pay CRT OOP so that you can use those 2 TS credits towards 2 other meals/TS. By doing this, you could have add an extra TS on your list. (youre there for 6 nights?).

If you decide to pay for the cheapest meal OOP (prob Chefs/France), then you can keep your list as is.

........."Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas".........

AUGUST "2013" DINING REVIEW / AUGUST "2012" DINING REVIEW

I've been BOO'ED by Forum Jumper!!!

Last edited by goofyintoronto; 10-31-2012 at 01:06 PM.
goofyintoronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 12:59 PM   #4
ahr023
Earning My Ears

That is pretty much where I was. Either pay OOP for Chef Mickey's since it is cheapest OR pay for CRT since it takes 2 credits for each of us. I may do that since gratuity is included it would not seem so bad. If I go with that and we have another credit I may book a lunch on our Hollywood Studios day.
Thanks again.
Old 10-31-2012, 01:01 PM   #5
ahr023
Earning My Ears

Yes 6 nights but we arrive around 10pm (12/25) and leave early afternoon (12/31) our last day so really it is 5 full days. Have not decided if we will add park day on last day. We may head to DTD instead so we won't feel so rushed getting back to leave for the airport.
Old 10-31-2012, 01:12 PM   #6
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahr023 View Post
Yes 6 nights but we arrive around 10pm (12/25) and leave early afternoon (12/31) our last day so really it is 5 full days. Have not decided if we will add park day on last day. We may head to DTD instead so we won't feel so rushed getting back to leave for the airport.
Since its 6 nights, you get 6 DP credits. Which means, you either pay CRT cash and get an extra restaurant added in there....or leave it the way it is and pay cash for one of the other restaurants (again, probably chefs/france). Either way you'll be paying close to the same amount OOP, but by paying for CRT, you get to eat at one more restaurant. (plus dont forget the nice thing about CRT, gratuities is included). Thats the route i would take.

So you pretty much have to decide:

Plan A:
CRT - Lunch (2 credits)
Coral Reef - Lunch (1 credit)
Ohana - Dinner (1 credit)
Chef Mickey's - Brunch (1 credit)
Les Chefs de France - Dinner *** Pay cash
Boma - Dinner (1 credit)

OR

Plan B:
CRT - Lunch ***Pay cash
Coral Reef - Lunch (1 credit)
Ohana - Dinner (1 credit)
Chef Mickey's - Brunch (1 credit)
Les Chefs de France - Dinner (1 credit)
Boma - Dinner (1 credit)
*** ADD ONE MORE RESTAURANT

........."Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas".........

Old 10-31-2012, 02:16 PM   #7
sharonabe
DIS Veteran

If you have a child on the plan, you do NOT want to pay OOP for that child at CRT. Their meal there will be $40. Pay OOP for the child at your a la carte places where meals are around $10.

Since you are going Christmas week, you will be charged the seasonal price at CRT which is $62 for adults. With the tip included, you probably are better paying OOP for ADULTS here and adding another ADR if you have time for it. Perhaps heading over to Grand Floridian for breakfast and enjoying all the Christmas decorations there. You have 1900 Park Fare or Grand Floridian Cafe to choose from.
sharonabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 02:26 PM   #8
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharonabe View Post
If you have a child on the plan, you do NOT want to pay OOP for that child at CRT. Their meal there will be $40. Pay OOP for the child at your a la carte places where meals are around $10.

Since you are going Christmas week, you will be charged the seasonal price at CRT which is $62 for adults. With the tip included, you probably are better paying OOP for ADULTS here and adding another ADR if you have time for it. Perhaps heading over to Grand Floridian for breakfast and enjoying all the Christmas decorations there. You have 1900 Park Fare or Grand Floridian Cafe to choose from.
The kid is under 3. S/he's free. So she would just be paying for two adults.

I agree with the GF restaurant. It would be nice to see the decore and giant gingerbread house!

Old 10-31-2012, 10:42 PM   #9
sharonabe
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyintoronto View Post
The kid is under 3. S/he's free. So she would just be paying for two adults.

I agree with the GF restaurant. It would be nice to see the decore and giant gingerbread house!
Sorry OP....the way I read the first post was there were 3 on the DDP AND 1 more younger. If no kids, then no problem.
sharonabe is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: