Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-01-2012, 02:34 PM   #61
Susy-Q
Dream not denied...just postponed! WDWMP2014 Hopeful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaTex View Post
I still haven't received the email about contact info either Hmmm...what should we do?
I'm giving it until tomorrow before reaching out to them. i'll let you know if i hear before that.

Susy-Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 02:39 PM   #62
Minniemum
DIS Veteran

This is like a classic who-done-it movie! The suspense is killing me and I'm still unsure who's going to get it in the end!

All the very best for your R3 interviews.

DLR - 1/92 O/S, 3/99 O/S, 6/99 O/S, 3/05 DLH, 9/08 DLH, 9/09 DLH, 9/13 O/S
DLP - 9/98
DCL Fantasy Eastern Caribbean - 9/13
WDW - 4/98 O/S, 10/10 POP, 9/11 POFQ, 9/12 POFQ, 9/13 POFQ, 9/14 POFQ

Minniemum is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-01-2012, 03:08 PM   #63
mmsmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeffysMom View Post
This is great! I'll play along!

Right now my favorite character would be Giselle from Enchanted. She is so innocent and child-like, and truly sees the good in everyone. It's how I feel when I'm at Disney, like I can forget the real world and just be in a magical place where I can be a child again!

This response is probably skewed by the fact that I am watching Enchanted as I write this!
I think it's a fabulous answer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessmorgan View Post
Oh were we supposed to write our answers? I thought we were supposed to just shout them out
Old 11-01-2012, 03:57 PM   #64
DisneyAgentK
2013 Disney Parks Moms Panelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susy-Q View Post
I'm giving it until tomorrow before reaching out to them. i'll let you know if i hear before that.
The subject line in the email from Jennifer Wilkes read "WDW Moms Panel...Info Needed". I received the email at 1:56 PM yesterday (Wednesday). She said that they wanted to get all the telephone interviews for next week scheduled by the end of business Friday (tomorrow), so I would definitely try to contact her via Twitter.

Disney Parks Moms Panel
http://disneyworldforum.disney.go.co...page=1&pid=282

First trip to WDW ~ August 1972
Recent WDW Trips: Nov 2012 AoA/AKL; Dec 2012 ASMo/BWI; April 2013 WL; May 2013 POR/AKL
Next WDW Trip: Oct-Nov 2013 AoA/Offsite MNSSHP and Food & Wine!!!
DisneyAgentK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 04:14 PM   #65
DisneyAgentK

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvsTink View Post
Alright round 3'ers! It is time to eat your wheaties, drink plenty of fluids, and listen non-stop to Disney music. As one of your supporters, I am here to help (because, next year, I intend to join you on the panel!!!)

Each day I will post one or two questions that I would ask....please note, this is in no way a suggestion that these are the questions, but a way for you to practice answering off the cuff....SO, don't sit and think to hard, just answer from your heart:

Who is your favorite character, and why?
OK, I really hope all the phone interview questions will be this easy

My favorite character is Belle - like her, I am a bookworm but yearn for real-life adventures!

At each stage of this process, in each round, I never assumed that I would make it any farther - hoped, yes, but assumed, never! I always knew it was a LONG shot. Thousands of folks apply from all over the US, Canada, UK and less than 20 are chosen each year. It seems that for the 2013 MP Laura and her team have narrowed it down even more in R3 than in past years.

I am now starting to get nervous! I know that you can only ever just be yourself, but who knows what types of questions will be asked...and I don't want to say anything stupid! We have no landline service due to Sandy, so I can only pray my cell coverage doesn't fail and I don't miss THE call!!

I actually responded yesterday to Jennifer in the Disney PR Dept with my contact info from my father's hospital room. He had fallen at his home on Saturday before Sandy hit and so now I'm trying to coordinate everything with spotty cell phone coverage from his bedside. Yep, things couldn't be more crazy right now

Disney Parks Moms Panel

Recent WDW Trips: Nov 2012 AoA/AKL; Dec 2012 ASMo/BWI; April 2013 WL; May 2013 POR/AKL
Old 11-01-2012, 04:24 PM   #66
DisneyAgentK

2013 MP Finalists Roll Call

I think longhorns asked for a roll call with specialty.

I applied for WDW.

Oh, and I forgot to add about my fave character Belle...what I love most about Belle is her intelligence, her courage and her pluck, but especially her willingness to sacrifice her happiness, her freedom and possibly even her life for her family (her father Maurice). And...she has the good sense to rebuff the braggart Gaston! Instead, she finds a real Prince worthy of her love

Disney Parks Moms Panel

Old 11-01-2012, 04:50 PM   #67
TheDisneyMama
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susy-Q View Post
I think you should contact her as soon as possible. Just in case the deadline IS tomorrow.
TheDisneyMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 05:41 PM   #68
ticofan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDISNEYFOX View Post
Hello everyone, I hope you don't mind me joining this thread. I have been watching your previous threads with enthusiasm and the amount of encouragement and support between everyone is incredible.

My name is Louise Fox from the United Kingdom and I have, unbelievably, made it to Round 3. I felt unable to do anything at Round 2 as I was so sure I would not progress any further, although I knew it was an achievement in itself to get this far. To reach Round 3 is beyond any dream and have to say that I have not been able to concentrate on much since receiving the email. I am very nervous with the prospect of the telephone interview and I am trying very hard to not raise my hopes too high yet.

I would like to wish everyone that has made it to Round 3 all the very best of luck and I hope you progress to become a WDW Mom's Panelist.
Hip Hip Hooray! You are the only finalist I have seen from the UK.

Has anyone noticed that there are a lot of Round 3ers who have been lurkers. Maybe that was one of the qualifications this year?!?

By the way, I keep checking my email and that notice that they made a mistake and really want me has not arrived yet. Do you think I should try to contact someone??
ticofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 07:05 PM   #69
DisneyAgentK

Quote:
Originally Posted by ticofan View Post
Hip Hip Hooray! You are the only finalist I have seen from the UK.

Has anyone noticed that there are a lot of Round 3ers who have been lurkers. Maybe that was one of the qualifications this year?!?

By the way, I keep checking my email and that notice that they made a mistake and really want me has not arrived yet. Do you think I should try to contact someone??
That's funny 'cuz I keep checking MY email rather neurotically to make sure the R3 message is still there in my inbox and wasn't just some figment of my imagination!!

I think a lot of us had been lurking because we were waiting to see how things would work out following R1.

I'm so excited to see two DISer finalists from Canada and another from the UK! I'm actually really surprised, though, not to see any other R3 finalists from my neck of the woods - no other R3 folks from the NYC metro area (or even NY State, PA or CT)?! What's up with that?

Disney Parks Moms Panel

Old 11-01-2012, 07:29 PM   #70
MeffysMom
Earning My Ears

Ok , I'm sure I'm just being overly paranoid, but has anyone actually scheduled their interview? I received and responded to the contact info email, but haven't heard anything since that!
MeffysMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 07:38 PM   #71
nananeliz
Earning My Ears

Just chiming in here as a MP Round 3 supporter and to say congrats to all of you who are waiting for the phone interviews. How exciting!!

Nancy
nananeliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 07:46 PM   #72
chopstick
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeffysMom
Ok , I'm sure I'm just being overly paranoid, but has anyone actually scheduled their interview? I received and responded to the contact info email, but haven't heard anything since that!
Nothing today for me. Hopefully tomorrow
chopstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 07:50 PM   #73
MeffysMom
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopstick View Post
Thanks!

Last edited by MeffysMom; 11-01-2012 at 08:43 PM. Reason: spelling!
MeffysMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 08:29 PM   #74
DisneyAgentK

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopstick View Post
Ditto here. I haven't heard back about scheduling the phone interview. I'm thinking tomorrow also.

Disney Parks Moms Panel

Old 11-01-2012, 08:38 PM   #75
DisneyAgentK

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvsTink View Post
Alright round 3'ers! It is time to eat your wheaties, drink plenty of fluids, and listen non-stop to Disney music. As one of your supporters, I am here to help (because, next year, I intend to join you on the panel!!!)

Each day I will post one or two questions that I would ask....please note, this is in no way a suggestion that these are the questions, but a way for you to practice answering off the cuff....SO, don't sit and think to hard, just answer from your heart:

Who is your favorite character, and why?
I just love that you'll be posting 1 or 2 questions a day! Will really help to get us thinking and prepare for those interviews

Disney Parks Moms Panel

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: