Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-16-2012, 10:05 AM   #391
DisneyAgentK
2013 Disney Parks Moms Panelist

The official 2013 Moms Panel roll call will be announced in January.

Disney Parks Moms Panel
http://disneyworldforum.disney.go.co...page=1&pid=282

First trip to WDW ~ August 1972
Recent WDW Trips: Nov 2012 AoA/AKL; Dec 2012 ASMo/BWI; April 2013 WL; May 2013 POR/AKL
Next WDW Trip: Oct-Nov 2013 AoA/Offsite MNSSHP and Food & Wine!!!
DisneyAgentK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 11:36 AM   #392
jjzmgailey
DIS Veteran

You guys, I'm so excited right now and I'm so happy that you are all here to share in the magic with those of us that were invited to be on the 2013 Walt Disney World Moms Panel!! It really means a lot to me that you are passionate enough to stick around as cheerleaders!!

Some of you may not know this, but this is my fifth year applying, my third year in Round 2, first year in Round 3, and of course I made it this year!!!! I know first-hand how the heartache feels when it's just not your year. I was completely over the moon when I received my "YES!" phone call last week and I'm still on !! I don't think I'm EVER coming down. It's SUPER important to me that those of you who didn't make it this year continue to follow your dreams and your passion of sharing magic with the world. When the time is right, Pixie Dust WILL fall on YOU just like it did for me!!!

So, with that said, we're going down to WDW next weekend for my DD10's 11th birthday and I'd love to share pics with you all of your favorites, so let me know what you want to see and I'll do my best!!
Me (NeuroticDisneyMom#30) drinkin' my coffee, readin' the DIS DH DS 15 DD 11
| Disney Parks Moms Panel | Jackie's Magical Moments | Follow Me On Twitter
UPCOMING VISITS: Disney's Old Key West Resort Sept 2013 | Disney's Polynesian Resort October 2013
PAST VISITS: Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa April 2013 | Disney's Wilderness Lodge April 2013 | Disney's Beach Club Resort Feb 2013 | 2013 WDW Moms Panel Training Weekend!!! Dec 2012 | Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa Oct 2012 | Disney's Art of Animation Resort Sept 2012 | Disney's Yacht Club Resort April 2012 (DisneySMMoms) | Offsite Vacation Home for Princess 5K Feb 2012 | Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa Dec 2011 | Disney's Bay Lake Tower Oct 2011 | Disney's Old Key West Resort Sept 2011 | Disney's Vero Beach Resort May 2011 | Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort May 2011 | Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa March 2011 (DisneySMMoms) | Disney's Polynesian Resort Feb 2010 (DisneySMMoms) | Disney's Saratoga Springs TreeHouse Villas Sept 2009 | Disneyland Resort Area Feb 2009 | Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa Sept 2008 | Disney's Old Key West Resort April 2008 | Disneyland Resort Area Nov 2007 | Disneyland Hotel Dec 2006 | Disneyland Hotel Feb 2004
jjzmgailey is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-17-2012, 12:27 PM   #393
MickeyMomTo2
Lauren S. @baseballsbows

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjzmgailey
You guys, I'm so excited right now and I'm so happy that you are all here to share in the magic with those of us that were invited to be on the 2013 Walt Disney World Moms Panel!! It really means a lot to me that you are passionate enough to stick around as cheerleaders!!

Some of you may not know this, but this is my fifth year applying, my third year in Round 2, first year in Round 3, and of course I made it this year!!!! I know first-hand how the heartache feels when it's just not your year. I was completely over the moon when I received my "YES!" phone call last week and I'm still on !! I don't think I'm EVER coming down. It's SUPER important to me that those of you who didn't make it this year continue to follow your dreams and your passion of sharing magic with the world. When the time is right, Pixie Dust WILL fall on YOU just like it did for me!!!

So, with that said, we're going down to WDW next weekend for my DD10's 11th birthday and I'd love to share pics with you all of your favorites, so let me know what you want to see and I'll do my best!!
Thanks, Jackie! This was my fifth year applying and first year in round 2. Seeing you and others who made it to round 2 several times before making it gives me great hope! Can't wait to follow along.

Any pics would be great to see! Hope your daughter has a great birthday. I'll be following your journey on Twitter, too. (I am Lauren Sullivan @baseballsbows there.)

Hope the birthday is magical!
Old 11-17-2012, 12:55 PM   #394
surfergrl31

I agree 100% with Jackie! I've applied since the very beginning and last year was the first time I made it past round 1, but unfortunately I got a "not this year" phone call. I was astounded to receive the "yes" phone call this year!! It just goes to show that you can't let go of this dream! No one has any idea what the panels needs might be so while they may love you, it may not work for what they needed. Then again you might be the perfect fit next year!!!

Thank you so much to everyone who has cheered us on and still following this little journey. I can't wait to return from training and start a trip report!

Have a blessed day everyone!!

surfergrl31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 04:45 PM   #395
ticofan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjzmgailey View Post

Happy Birthday to your daughter. What a great birthday present!

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfergrl31 View Post
I agree 100% with Jackie! I've applied since the very beginning and last year was the first time I made it past round 1, but unfortunately I got a "not this year" phone call. I was astounded to receive the "yes" phone call this year!! It just goes to show that you can't let go of this dream! No one has any idea what the panels needs might be so while they may love you, it may not work for what they needed. Then again you might be the perfect fit next year!!!

Thank you so much to everyone who has cheered us on and still following this little journey. I can't wait to return from training and start a trip report!

I can't wait for your trip report either.

I, and I think everyone else on this board, am so excited for you and the others who made it. I just keep following this thread to find out what is going on with your trips.

I would love to be on the panel. But life is wonderful the way it is. I will live on the Moms Panel vicariously through you guys this year.

But next year...!!!
ticofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 07:48 PM   #396
princessmorgan
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfergrl31 View Post

Thank you ladies for sharing your stories with us! I am so happy that you take the time to update us and involve us; it means a lot

www.theadultsideofdisney.com

Aquí se puede encontrar mis blog posts acerca de Disney en español- www.theadultsideofdisney.com/en-espanol/
princessmorgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 12:54 AM   #397
Marshay
I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bit Sneezy -- it's just the Pixie Dust!!

So excited for your upcoming training. You have much to be thankful for this year!!

Soooo, how many panelists are buying new clothes?? :-). I would be!!
Marshay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 06:16 AM   #398
jjzmgailey
DIS Veteran

Aww, ya caught me! I was indeed out getting some new clothes yesterday!! I ordered a few things online and went into the store to pick them up and, of course, they were having the sale of the century, so...more shopping!
Me (NeuroticDisneyMom#30) drinkin' my coffee, readin' the DIS DH DS 15 DD 11
| Disney Parks Moms Panel | Jackie's Magical Moments | Follow Me On Twitter
UPCOMING VISITS: Disney's Old Key West Resort Sept 2013 | Disney's Polynesian Resort October 2013
PAST VISITS: Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa April 2013 | Disney's Wilderness Lodge April 2013 | Disney's Beach Club Resort Feb 2013 | 2013 WDW Moms Panel Training Weekend!!! Dec 2012 | Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa Oct 2012 | Disney's Art of Animation Resort Sept 2012 | Disney's Yacht Club Resort April 2012 (DisneySMMoms) | Offsite Vacation Home for Princess 5K Feb 2012 | Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa Dec 2011 | Disney's Bay Lake Tower Oct 2011 | Disney's Old Key West Resort Sept 2011 | Disney's Vero Beach Resort May 2011 | Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort May 2011 | Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa March 2011 (DisneySMMoms) | Disney's Polynesian Resort Feb 2010 (DisneySMMoms) | Disney's Saratoga Springs TreeHouse Villas Sept 2009 | Disneyland Resort Area Feb 2009 | Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa Sept 2008 | Disney's Old Key West Resort April 2008 | Disneyland Resort Area Nov 2007 | Disneyland Hotel Dec 2006 | Disneyland Hotel Feb 2004
jjzmgailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 07:34 AM   #399
Skampigirl
To all who have come to this happy place, welcome!

Hi Ladies! Just wanted to send a big CONGRATULATIONS!!! You SO deserve to be on the Moms Panel and you will do such an amazing job bringing the magic to all of the guests who write the panel. Being able to share your journeys is almost as good as being there myself (though next year I'll try again to join you for real!! ). Can't wait to hear about all of your adventures. Jackie, I LOVE your tweets! I'm @skampimom Hope you'll share lots of special moments on the training trip!

Big to you and all of the panelists for this year! Wishing you the magical journey of a lifetime!

Laura

September 2012 / Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10 miler and Mickey's Happy Haunted Trail 5K / Port Orleans Riverside -- January 2013 - Tinkerbell Half Marathon & Neverland 5K, Disneyland / Disneyland Hotel -- November 2013 - Jingle Jungle 5K & Wine & Dine Half Marathon - Port Orleans Riverside -- January 2014 - Girlfriend trip, WL CL -- August 2014 - Trip of a Lifetime - Adventures By Disney Paris/Versailles/Normandy and Disneyland Paris !

Last edited by Skampigirl; 11-22-2012 at 07:14 AM.
Skampigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 11:02 PM   #400
DisneyAgentK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshay View Post
So excited for your upcoming training. You have much to be thankful for this year!!

Soooo, how many panelists are buying new clothes?? :-). I would be!!
Well, over the past 3 days, I think I've maxed out my credit cards, LOL! I've shopped 'til I've dropped! I've never done so much shopping in such a short time - I'm exhausted! I've been all over my local mall and online ordering from Zappos, Talbots, Macy's, you name it. Finding comfortable yet stylish shoes is a real challenge but Abeo and Merrell have come through for me :-) We need solid colors for the photo and video shoots so I bought some nice business casual jackets in (of course) my favorite colors: pink and purple.

Disney Parks Moms Panel
http://disneyworldforum.disney.go.co...page=1&pid=282

First trip to WDW ~ August 1972
Recent WDW Trips: Nov 2012 AoA/AKL; Dec 2012 ASMo/BWI; April 2013 WL; May 2013 POR/AKL
Next WDW Trip: Oct-Nov 2013 AoA/Offsite MNSSHP and Food & Wine!!!
DisneyAgentK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 11:32 AM   #401
ticofan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyAgentK View Post
Well, over the past 3 days, I think I've maxed out my credit cards, LOL! I've shopped 'til I've dropped! I've never done so much shopping in such a short time - I'm exhausted! I've been all over my local mall and online ordering from Zappos, Talbots, Macy's, you name it. Finding comfortable yet stylish shoes is a real challenge but Abeo and Merrell have come through for me :-) We need solid colors for the photo and video shoots so I bought some nice business casual jackets in (of course) my favorite colors: pink and purple.
That sounds so fun. When you send pics of the training, make sure you include your new outfits. Solid colors for the photo shoots. Owwww. That sounds so fun. Enjoy every minute.
Old 11-24-2012, 11:01 PM   #402
ticofan
Mouseketeer

Happy Thanksgiving All!!

I was just checking in to see if there were any news!! Hope you all had a great turkey day. I know this is a great group with lots to be thankful for!!
Old 11-25-2012, 08:32 PM   #403
Marshay
I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bit Sneezy -- it's just the Pixie Dust!!

Quote:
Aww, ya caught me! I was indeed out getting some new clothes yesterday!! I ordered a few things online and went into the store to pick them up and, of course, they were having the sale of the century, so...more shopping!
Sounds like a great excuse to buy some new clothes!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyAgentK View Post
Can't wait to see the outfits!

Best of luck everyone on the photo shoots and videos!! I know the new clothes will help boost your confidence too!
Marshay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 09:49 PM   #404
Susy-Q
Dream not denied...just postponed! WDWMP2014 Hopeful!

Dropping in to see what everyone is up to. I hope y'all enjoyed your Thanksgiving and took advantage of the sales to revamp your wardrobe for training! We... I mean you are getting so close to the big trip! I feel like I will be with you since I intend to read every bit of the details posted!

Susy-Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 01:27 PM   #405
mmsmom
Mouseketeer

Can't believe your MP trip is less than a week away! Talk about a Christmas present! Remember to keep us 2014 hopefuls posted!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: