Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-10-2012, 05:13 PM   #316
ticofan
Mouseketeer

Wow! Congratulations to all the new Moms Panelists.

I have had a crazy week. I would really like to say congrats to everyone individually, but I am afraid I would miss someone.

I can hardly wait for the trip reports!! I also want to hear any other tidbits you hear before the trip!!

Also hugs to those who got the wrong phone call. You can always wait with me for the new phone call saying they made a mistake. I think they are just waiting for next year for that call.

2014 Here We Come!!!

ticofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 05:27 PM   #317
S'sMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessmorgan

I knew I remembered your screen name from somewhere! You were from the Happy Napper thread a long time ago on the Budget Board Thanks to you, my house has four Happy Nappers that like to make snoring noises at night But my girls thank you!!
Yes I remember that!! :-). We still have those things and the price was so hard to pass up. Lol. I'm glad your babies are still enjoying them. Mine are as well. :-)
Register to remove

Old 11-10-2012, 06:13 PM   #318
Susy-Q
Dream not denied...just postponed! WDWMP2014 Hopeful!

Hi all. I haven't had a chance to read through all the posts yet. I just want to quickly stop in to report that I was not invited to join this year. It was hard to take that phone call while sitting on the sidewalk in Main Street during MVMCP, but I wasn't totally surprised since I knew I blew the interview, and I was quickly cheered up by cookies and hot chocolate! Congratulations to those that made it! I hope you blog your journey because I would love to read about it.

Susy-Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 06:21 PM   #319
Tiggsntx
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susy-Q View Post
Hi all. I haven't had a chance to read through all the posts yet. I just want to quickly stop in to report that I was not invited to join this year. It was hard to take that phone call while sitting on the sidewalk in Main Street during MVMCP, but I wasn't totally surprised since I knew I blew the interview, and I was quickly cheered up by cookies and hot chocolate! Congratulations to those that made it! I hope you blog your journey because I would love to read about it.
So sorry to hear that Susy! ((((hugs)))

2013 Disney Parks Moms Panelist
First visit 1983, 1991, 1997, 2000, Fairy Tale Honeymoon 2002, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013
DisneySMMoms Celebration 2010, 2011, 2012
College Program 1996
D23 member/Expo attendee 2009
Twitter Tiggsntx
Blog www.scoopofreality.com
Tiggsntx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 06:25 PM   #320
MickeyMomTo2
Lauren S. @baseballsbows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susy-Q
So sorry, Susy! I was truly hoping you received good news, especially since you were in MK! I hope you were able to enjoy the party despite the disappointment.
Old 11-10-2012, 06:33 PM   #321
Susy-Q
Dream not denied...just postponed! WDWMP2014 Hopeful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyMomTo2 View Post
So sorry, Susy! I was truly hoping you received good news, especially since you were in MK! I hope you were able to enjoy the party despite the disappointment.
Yeah, girl! I rocked Club Tinsel with my girls instead of mope ing about it. Actually, now I feel really good about next year because I understand what the interview is like. It's the first time I made it out of R1 in all these years, so I am super proud of myself anyway.

I am holding you all to reporting back about your training sessions!

Susy-Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 06:53 PM   #322
MickeyMomTo2
Lauren S. @baseballsbows

Quote:

Yeah, girl! I rocked Club Tinsel with my girls instead of mope ing about it. Actually, now I feel really good about next year because I understand what the interview is like. It's the first time I made it out of R1 in all these years, so I am super proud of myself anyway.

So glad you were able to enjoy your evening! This was also my first year to make it past round one, and even though I didn't make it to r3, I am excited to try to move one step closer next year. Here's to 2014!
Old 11-10-2012, 07:00 PM   #323
ticofan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
i am so sorry. When there was nothing from you right away I was sure you weren't allowed to post until a certain time. Enjoy Disney Christmas Pixie Dust! I was so sure you had made it.

Only 10 months until applications start!!
ticofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 07:13 PM   #324
surfergrl31
2013 Disney Parks Moms Panelist

Quote:

I was sorry to hear this!! You absolutely have A reason to be proud of yourself!!! The odds of making it into round three are very slim and the fact that you keep believing in that dream!!!!

I will definitely be doing some reports for everyone!! It is so hard to take that phone call, but last year was my first year making it out of round 1 (I've applied every year) and got the "not this year" phone call. I was a lot more relaxed on the phone call this year versus last year. Still nervous, but felt it went much better.

I'm loving your positive attitude and can't wait to chEAR you in next year!!!

surfergrl31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 08:33 PM   #325
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

Congrats to all of you ladies! So excited for you- can't wait to hear about your Pixie Dusting adventures!

Does anyone know if/who the new rundisney mom or dad is?

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

Join me in my DietBet starting July 14!

My No-Guilt Life
longhorns2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 08:44 PM   #326
MickeyMomTo2
Lauren S. @baseballsbows

Just an idea: Since this thread calls you "Finalists", one of the new panel members could start an "Adventures of the 2013 Moms Panel" thread. We could follow you there!
Old 11-10-2012, 08:45 PM   #327
MickeyMomTo2
Lauren S. @baseballsbows

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorns2 View Post
Does anyone know if/who the new rundisney mom or dad is?
I was also wondering this!
Old 11-10-2012, 08:46 PM   #328
evenstar
WDW addict

Kimberly
Marcy
Jackie
Amanda
Allison
Stephanie
Raquel

Well done & CONGRATULATIONS on making the 2013 Moms Panel !!!
So looking forwarding to hEARing about your exciting adventures and living vicariously through you!

To my fellow R3 peeps,
CONGRATS again ... remember, making it to R3 is a huge acomplishment!
Keep on shining and looking forward to 2014
This has been an amazing experience and I can't wait to do it all over again, LOL!

evenstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 08:46 PM   #329
mjaclyn
Currently in Wonderland

Would anyone be willing to share what the interview was like? Or questions they asked?

mjaclyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 09:30 PM   #330
princessmorgan
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I like your attitude So sorry you didn't make it! MP 2014!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjaclyn View Post
Would anyone be willing to share what the interview was like? Or questions they asked?
I posted my experience and questions, but I guess I should find out first if we're supposed to, whoops!

www.theadultsideofdisney.com

Aquí se puede encontrar mis blog posts acerca de Disney en español- www.theadultsideofdisney.com/en-espanol/

Last edited by princessmorgan; 11-10-2012 at 09:39 PM.
princessmorgan is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: