Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-31-2012, 02:44 PM   #16
MickeyMomTo2
Lauren S. @baseballsbows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggsntx
Thanks, everyone for your words of support and chEAR! I'm still a bit in disbelief! For those that haven't followed my blog, my son was born with a cleft palate as I was. I do a blog campaign every summer in honor of his successful surgery 2 years ago to support my favorite craniofacial charities! Anyway, the motto I came up for the campaign, which I call Project Smile, is "May your smile shine bright and your heart have many visitors". I just have to say to those who didn't make it on, "may your smile still shine bright", and for everyone who has cheered me on and given me lots of support, THANKS...."my heart had MANY visitors" yesterday!

I haven't heard yet from Disney regarding interviews, but it will be sometime next week between 9am-5pm. I already have my best friend on standby to watch the baby so I can be totally undistracted for the interview!

Thanks again.
Allison, I have been thinking that it would be your year for several years now. (I sound like a stalker, but you stood out to me for some reason.) Hope this is your year!
Old 10-31-2012, 02:48 PM   #17
chopstick
Earning My Ears

Thanks everyone for the support and kind words!

I just completed step 1 of round 3 by providing my name/address/phone numbers/twitter handle/facebook page to PR so they can get in touch to schedule the interview.

I am still in disbelief at making it this far and every time I re-read my answers to round 2 I am totally clueless why I was chosen over so many others.

I know there were some members on here that had made it to round 3 in past years - anyone want to share their interview experience? I would love to hear it
chopstick is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-31-2012, 03:08 PM   #18
ticofan
Mouseketeer

Cheer Cheer Cheer

I am so excited to hear from all the Round 3ers and follow along. I really think you will all make it to the panel. That must be why they have taken so few.

Keep us posted frequently. I will be here everyday to see what is happening.

Princess Morgan -

I graduated from BYU also and am now helping my son to apply for next year. It is nice to see a fellow Y fan and I will be cheering extra loudly for you!!
ticofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 03:14 PM   #19
princessmorgan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ticofan View Post
I am so excited to hear from all the Round 3ers and follow along. I really think you will all make it to the panel. That must be why they have taken so few.

Keep us posted frequently. I will be here everyday to see what is happening.

Princess Morgan -

I graduated from BYU also and am now helping my son to apply for next year. It is nice to see a fellow Y fan and I will be cheering extra loudly for you!!
Thanks! Good luck to your son on his application! Go Cougars

www.theadultsideofdisney.com

Aquí se puede encontrar mis blog posts acerca de Disney en español- www.theadultsideofdisney.com/en-espanol/
princessmorgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 04:38 PM   #20
Tiggsntx
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopstick View Post
Thanks everyone for the support and kind words!

I just completed step 1 of round 3 by providing my name/address/phone numbers/twitter handle/facebook page to PR so they can get in touch to schedule the interview.
So glad I saw this, cuz I thought I hadn't received the contact info email yet , then after I read this, I headed over and checked my junk and there it was!!!! Whew! That was a close one!

Just sent in my info and anxiously awaiting my interview to be scheduled!

2013/2014 Disney Parks Moms Panelist
First visit 1983, 1991, 1997, 2000, Fairy Tale Honeymoon 2002, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014
runDisney ToT 10 miler 2013 and Princess Half 2014
DisneySMMoms Celebration 2010, 2011, 2012
College Program 1996
D23 member/Expo attendee 2009
Twitter Tiggsntx
Blog www.scoopofreality.com
Tiggsntx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 04:38 PM   #21
Tiggsntx
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyMomTo2 View Post
Allison, I have been thinking that it would be your year for several years now. (I sound like a stalker, but you stood out to me for some reason.) Hope this is your year!
Thanks so much! I am humbled by your words! Have a great day!

2013/2014 Disney Parks Moms Panelist
First visit 1983, 1991, 1997, 2000, Fairy Tale Honeymoon 2002, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014
runDisney ToT 10 miler 2013 and Princess Half 2014
DisneySMMoms Celebration 2010, 2011, 2012
College Program 1996
D23 member/Expo attendee 2009
Twitter Tiggsntx
Blog www.scoopofreality.com
Tiggsntx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 04:50 PM   #22
surfergrl31
2013 Disney Parks Moms Panelist

Thank you to everyone for cheering us on during this next round!!! It is definitely a tummy churning experience, but in a good way. Now to wait for the interview to be scheduled!!

surfergrl31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 05:51 PM   #23
Susy-Q
Dream not denied...just postponed! WDWMP2014 Hopeful!

Thanks for all the support! I feel like I'm in a dream!

Susy-Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 06:10 PM   #24
arbolita
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeffysMom View Post
Thank you all for all the kind words and support. I am so nervous about the interview! It's really nice to know so many people - who get it - are cheering us on!
I didn't want it to get lost in the other thread, but I just wanted leave a special congrats to my fellow Marylander! I think there's only been one person from MD on the Panel, it's about time they have another!
June 1990 - Offsite * June 2008 - Offsite- Got Engaged! * September 2009 - CSR - Disneymoon * October 2010 - POP/POR * June 2011 - CBR * December 2011 - Offsite - Farewell to Jaws * February 2012 - One More Disney Day-Video Trip Report - ASMu * January 2013 - SSR Old, New & Long Lost Friends, w/ a Side of Frump! * August 2013 - Puns, a Fun Run and 1901 - Our first trip to Disneyland! * May 2014 - BLT/AKV * January 2015 - AKV * August 2015 - ? * October/November 2015 - Port Orleans

[B]August Trip Report: Puns, a Fun Run and 1901 - Our first trip to Disneyland!

Follow me on Twitter! @GertieTheDino89
arbolita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 08:55 PM   #25
MeffysMom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by arbolita View Post
I didn't want it to get lost in the other thread, but I just wanted leave a special congrats to my fellow Marylander! I think there's only been one person from MD on the Panel, it's about time they have another!
Thank you! i hope I can do MD proud!
MeffysMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 09:42 PM   #26
mmsmom
Mouseketeer

Excited for you all going to R3 and can't wait to hear about your next step in the process. Know you have a group of supporters chEARing for you!
Old 10-31-2012, 10:17 PM   #27
LisaTex
Mouseketeer

Hi you guys! Well - my fear has pushed me out of lurkdom. Was just checking in and saw emails had gone out for contact info today and I haven't received one yet. Has anyone else not received one? I have been celebrating and crying right along with you guys the whole way, but a little too hesitant to be right in the midst of it again. Last year I made it to round 3 and then received the very gentle, but still stabbing "not this year" call. I just re -read my email from yesterday and yes,it did say i made it, but now I am a little panicked. Good luck to you all! Hugs to the rest - I REALLY know what the heart break feels like

LisaTex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 10:36 PM   #28
Disney Mom Lisa
Mouseketeer

I'm joining the chEARleader squad! I wish all of you the best of luck and lots of
Old 10-31-2012, 10:52 PM   #29
princessmorgan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaTex View Post
Hi you guys! Well - my fear has pushed me out of lurkdom. Was just checking in and saw emails had gone out for contact info today and I haven't received one yet. Has anyone else not received one? I have been celebrating and crying right along with you guys the whole way, but a little too hesitant to be right in the midst of it again. Last year I made it to round 3 and then received the very gentle, but still stabbing "not this year" call. I just re -read my email from yesterday and yes,it did say i made it, but now I am a little panicked. Good luck to you all! Hugs to the rest - I REALLY know what the heart break feels like
Congratulations!! I sent you a PM

www.theadultsideofdisney.com

Aquí se puede encontrar mis blog posts acerca de Disney en español- www.theadultsideofdisney.com/en-espanol/
princessmorgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 10:53 PM   #30
MickeyMomTo2
Lauren S. @baseballsbows

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaTex
Congratulations! Hope you will stick around so we can chEAR for you!

Be sure to check your spam folder! I think Tggsntx found hers there. My Round 2 email was there as well.

If that is what happened, you can save the email address to your contacts, and it won't go to spam anymore.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: