Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-04-2013, 11:35 AM   #1
SecondStarTilMorning
Earning My Ears

What resorts are a "must do"

We always visit the poly for dinner and the grand Floridian for afternoon tea. We also really enjoy going over to Port Orleans for a nice walk across the river.

Do you guys ever just take a day of your trip to resort hop?
SecondStarTilMorning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 12:40 PM   #2
aml3679
Kita's Mom

We are planning our first on site stay at The Wilderness Lodge and plan on doing a few days of resort hopping. We plan on going back for The Food & Wine Fest and seeing where we would like to stay.
Register to remove

Old 03-04-2013, 12:43 PM   #3
Kae
DIS Veteran

AKL for sure. And of course we do the Monorail Loop. I would like to "look" around the Boardwalk Resort next trip.

Kae
Oct 1999-POFQ May 1996-AS Music May 1994-Travel Lodge DTD Dec 1971-Contemporary
DisneyLand-March 2006
Kae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 12:55 PM   #4
patty57
DIS Veteran

During the holidays, WL is a must do for me.
patty57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 12:57 PM   #5
mmmears
DIS Veteran

AKL is wonderful to visit.

WL is impressive as well.

* Disneyland * Walt Disney World * Disneyland Paris ** Disney Wonder Bahamas * Disney Wonder Alaska *
*Grand Floridian Resort* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Polynesian Resort * Yacht Club * Beach Club * Disneyland Hotel * Grand Californian Resort *
mmmears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 12:58 PM   #6
pamkat1820
Mouseketeer

We always like to check out a new resort for possible stays. Our up coming stay is at YC but we are having dinner at the WL . That way we can get the feel for the resort to see if we would feel like it would fit us

We have visited GF ( liked it) CR (thumbs down) poly (liked) BWI (liked outside area not pool) BC( liked) YC(liked)

Me, DH, DD8, DS4

AKL May 2009, POR RR 2012, YC CL August 2013, August 2015???
pamkat1820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 01:16 PM   #7
shalom
DIS Veteran

We've been to all of them but Caribbean Beach and enjoyed all of them but OKW -- which some people quite enjoy but didn't do a thing for anybody in my family.

The monorail loop is a good way to hit three of them; ditto walking around Crescent Lake (if you throw in the Swan and Dolphin, you can do five that way). We like best parking at Wilderness Lodge and then taking the boat from there to do the monorail loop if we're just doing resorts that day.

AKL is also great, IMHO, unless what you most like is wandering the grounds. AKL and Contemporary have the least interesting "wandering the grounds" aspect; Wilderness Lodge, Riverside and Saratoga Springs the prettiest grounds to walk if you like to ramble; the Poly or French Quarter if you like a smaller area. OTOH, AKL and the Contemporary both have great restaurants with terrific views. Wilderness Lodge, the Port Orleans resorts, and Saratoga Springs the nicest boat rides. The Poly and the Grand Floridian the best shopping for my tastes but the Epcot resorts the most shopping variety.

Depends on what you want to do that the resorts, I think. Might make more sense to try out a restaurant, or make a reservation for a carriage ride, or hit one that has boat rentals rather than to pic a resort -- that way, you've got something to do there even if the resort doesn't turn out to be to your taste.
shalom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 05:08 PM   #8
jasonsk287
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalom View Post
The monorail loop is a good way to hit three of them; ditto walking around Crescent Lake (if you throw in the Swan and Dolphin, you can do five that way). We like best parking at Wilderness Lodge and then taking the boat from there to do the monorail loop if we're just doing resorts that day.
I agree. Last time I was there (2010), we had an extra day and decided to take the monorail around. Spent some time exploring the Contemporary, which was alot of fun.
jasonsk287 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 05:10 PM   #9
staceycanada
Mouseketeer

We don't take a day off to just tour resorts but I do book a different sit down dinner every night and most are at resorts. We have been able to see most of the resorts this way.
staceycanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 07:32 PM   #10
spritna
Mouseketeer

most resorts offer guided tours for free, call ahead of time or sometimes walk up and ask.

spritna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 08:38 PM   #11
clapton
Mouseketeer

We usually eat breakfast at WL or lunch at GF when we stay at BLT . We'll have a dinner at AKL and definitely have ice cream at Beaches & Cream at BC ,then walk over to BW. Love that area at night! I could just enjoy all the resorts and never even set foot in a park!
clapton is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: