Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2013, 06:03 PM   #1
ttck4eva
Earning My Ears

Is there anywhere warm to rest?

In the parks?? Me, hubby and 2 girls 4&6 are going in 12 days! Very excited but know it will be freezing!! We have bought thermals, hats, scarfs gloves etc and will be taking a flask each day lol! I just know if the the girls get cold and tired they will not enjoy it as much - so I would like us to have regular rest spots. Unfortunately we can't afford to eat in the park everyday (planning on sandwiches from train station) so my question is whether there are warm places/rides I can plan around to sit and rest?? Thanks guys for your help (again!)
ttck4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 01:33 AM   #2
ThBa
DIS Veteran

How about the Arcades ?

They are covered, warm and sometimes you can find a place to sit down and watch the shops or the people.

Or the Videopolis Theatre. There you can sit down, watch some Disney cartoons on a big movie screen and take a rest. In this theatre was the LIon KIng Show some times ago but now it shows Disney Cartoons.

At the studios I prefer watching some shows, because most of them there are inside.

How about Animagique ? A great show and you will be inside for 25-30 minutes.

Register to remove

Old 01-14-2013, 02:09 AM   #3
tigger17
DIS Veteran

When we went in feb last year we went into the dlh for the 4 o clock character parade/meet and greet but it was only on certain day we also found some comfy chairs in there and had a look round the gift shop have a fab trip xx
tigger17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 03:08 AM   #4
IsobelJackmummy
Mouseketeer

If your girls don't mind queuing, th princess pavilion is warm! Though you can queue for over an hour to see one princess.
Stitch live and playhouse disney in the studios park are good for that age group, and they are an opportunity to warm up!
If you buy anything from the shops in the morning, look out at your till receipt , as there is often a voucher for a free hot drink later in the day. I use these to split à hot chocolate between our two children, same age as yours, and its enough for them.

Have à great time!

1999 -WDW off site, 2003 - WDW off site, Feb 2010 - DLRP SL, Oct 2010 -DLRP SL, Feb 2012 - DLRP SL, Feb 2013 - DLRP HNY
IsobelJackmummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 07:05 AM   #5
DLPdaft
Cannot stop singing "Just like we dreeeeamed it"
Has a calming influence

DISboards Moderator

I'd also thoroughly recommend the Videopolis theatre - there is loads of room there on the benches in front of the big cartoon screen, its warm, and the cartoons play most of the day. Great for taking a breather in .

Elaine
Feb 07 Santa Fe, Oct 07 Santa Fe, Nov 07 Cheyenne, June 08 Explorers, Oct 08 surprise upgrade to the Newport Bay Club! May 09 Magic Circus, Dec 09 Santa Fe VIP, Oct 10 Santa Fe "Cars stylee", March 11 St Patricks Day Santa Fe, Nov 11 Dream Castle bonfire and Christmas, June 12 Dream Castle 20th Dreams, Feb 13 Santa Fe & Dreams, April 14 Santa Fe Spring Festival Fun
DLPdaft is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:41 AM   #6
jillrobinson
I will be very angry if there are any attractions or places off limits
DS got a Hi 5 from Simba
My real persona is maleficent mum

I find the studios are easy because there are so many shows -Animagique, Cinemagique, Stitch Live, & Playhouse Disney.
Armageddon gives you a blast of fire and quick warm up, but the girls might find it a bit scary.
In the main park, you can't fault Videopolis as mentioned, but POTC, Buzz Lightyear, Star Tours have indoor queuing areas which are a welcome warm retreat.

We've had several cold trips, I find that the disposable hand warmers are a godsend too, they can be quite expensive and in the past I've bought them in bulk from Ebay, although my local Home Bargains had some Gelert ones in recently and only 19p/pair.
Often see youngsters with fleecy blankets in the park and if you're planning on watching the stunt show, I'd take something to sit on
The tram tour can be cold too, although the dragon gives you a quick burst of warmth.

Re: eating in the park, last visit we ate in the counter service restaurants, but shared meals. It's perfectly acceptable to do this in the counter service ones, even if it's just meals for the children, last visit my son 13 eats like a horse was having a set meal, but as I was on Weight Watchers, I had my own snacks with me and just bought a hot drink and as previosuly mentioned this usually gives you a receipt for 1 other drink later in the day, so pay seperately to maximise the benefit.

We've had to postpone our March trip for July and I'm wondering if we'll enjoy it as much, last January, it reached -16 while we were there, we had so many layers we could hardly move but we had a superb time, it was my nephew's 5th birthday and first visit and it didn't affect his enthusiasm or enjoyment at all.

Have a great trip
March 2004 Liam's 5th Birthday at Cheyenne *** October 2004 Spooky Halloween at Santa Fe *** March 2006 My big 40 & Liams 7th Birthday at Newport Bay Club *** March 2007 Jamie's 13th Birthday & VIP Press Launch for DLP's 15th Anniversary at Sequoia Lodge *** November 2007 Christmas Season at Sequoia Lodge *** March 2009 Liam's 10th Birthday at Cheyenne *** January 2010 Practically Perfect stay at Hotel New York *** October 2010 Our not so scary stay at Cheyenne ***January 2012 Jack's 5th Birthday surprise at Santa Fe***July 2013 Disney Dreaming at Cheyenne***

jillrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:00 AM   #7
Carrie_Cat
I'm a Rive Gauche person

Location: sur les cases bleues du monopoly -1 mile from Disneyland Paris

Videopolis is closed afaik, I read it somewhere perhaps on twitter

Yep just found it but not sure until when

https://twitter.com/InsideDLParis/st...77647140679680

as they are working on the stage so maybe some new show finally !

https://twitter.com/InsideDLParis/st...275905/photo/1

Vive la différence
Carrie_Cat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:02 AM   #8
freddythebear
Mouseketeer

Hi we went in freezing temps, jan last year but as there were no queues we were moving all the time and never really felt the cold until we stopped for the parade at 5. But I agree the shows are great for a warm break, and I also found its a small word nice and warm and its a longer ride than the other ones in fantasyland.
freddythebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 05:49 PM   #9
Rosabelle
Mouseketeer

Location: In the Dublin mountains, Ireland. I can nearly see DLP from here :-)

Potc is tropically toasty

We were there in the snow in December 2010 and regularly nipped in there, even just to q without going on the ride was enough to defrost

Rosabelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 06:34 PM   #10
ttck4eva
Earning My Ears

Fantastic tips thank you!! Also going to go hunting in home bargains for hand warmers tomorrow!
Old 01-16-2013, 04:02 AM   #11
Carrie_Cat
I'm a Rive Gauche person

Location: sur les cases bleues du monopoly -1 mile from Disneyland Paris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosabelle View Post
Potc is tropically toasty

We were there in the snow in December 2010 and regularly nipped in there, even just to q without going on the ride was enough to defrost
It's a shame it's closed until mid March now I spend ages in there normally in bad weather

Vive la différence
Carrie_Cat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 06:52 AM   #12
DLPdaft
Cannot stop singing "Just like we dreeeeamed it"
Has a calming influence

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrie_Cat View Post
It's a shame it's closed until mid March now I spend ages in there normally in bad weather
me too - and if Videopolis is closed too next month, I suspect I'll be practically living in Phantom Manor for 5 days

Elaine
Feb 07 Santa Fe, Oct 07 Santa Fe, Nov 07 Cheyenne, June 08 Explorers, Oct 08 surprise upgrade to the Newport Bay Club! May 09 Magic Circus, Dec 09 Santa Fe VIP, Oct 10 Santa Fe "Cars stylee", March 11 St Patricks Day Santa Fe, Nov 11 Dream Castle bonfire and Christmas, June 12 Dream Castle 20th Dreams, Feb 13 Santa Fe & Dreams, April 14 Santa Fe Spring Festival Fun
DLPdaft is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 05:02 PM   #13
NPB
Mouseketeer

When is videopolis re-opening does anyone know?
Hope by mid - march....
NPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 06:27 PM   #14
ttck4eva
Earning My Ears

Woohoo thanks Jill for the handwarmer tip. I bought every pack in my home bargains today lol
Old 01-17-2013, 05:31 AM   #15
tennisfan
Was told off for sliding down the banister at the SL
South Africa or California for me
Popped to the Boots

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLPdaft View Post
me too - and if Videopolis is closed too next month, I suspect I'll be practically living in Phantom Manor for 5 days
See if you can book in there rather then a hotel, save money

Trips:
DLRP - Hotel Cheyenne, October, 1994, DLRP - Hotel New York, October, 1998, DLRP - Hotel New York, June, 1999, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, October, 1999, DLRP - Hotel New York, October, 2000, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, October, 2001, Walt Disney Studios preview, February, 2002, DLRP - Hotel Cheyenne, August, 2002, New York City, Easter 2004, DLRP - Hotel New York, August, 2004, DLRP - Day trip, November, 2004, DLRP - Day trip, September, 2005, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, Easter 2007, DLRP - Kyriad, June 2007 DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, June 2009 DLRP - Day trip, November 2009 New York City, February 2010 DLRP - Disneyland Hotel, June 2010 DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, September 2010 Stratosphere Hotel, Las Vegas, October 2010 DLRP - Day trip, January 2011, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, August 2011, DLRP - Day trip, January 2012, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, June 2012, DLRP - Santa Fe, November 2012,
tennisfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: