Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-02-2012, 07:57 PM   #211
disney1990
Wow, it make my heart skip a beat
I'm going to miss these when the season ends
Lighting the Way to Paradise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minder View Post
I was on the Fantasy during the hurricane and yes it was very rough on the last day and no it was not all that much fun on the last day and night
But the rest of the cruise was fantastic and at no time during the entire voyage did I feel like my life was at risk my lunch was at risk but that's it

If you like cruising don't let the knowledge of the small risk that has always been there take away your great vacation
AGREED! I will be back as soon as I can!!!!!

disney1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 02:56 AM   #212
DisneyFan907
Earning My Ears

Our first cruise is booked for January, which isn't hurricane season, but even if it was this month I would still plan on going. I live in Alaska, there is a WAY higher chance of me getting in a fatal car accident on the way to work for 6 months out of the year than having a rough night on seas.. Can't let one incident make you afraid to live and do what you love, if you love cruising I'd say go for it. Like another poster said, the rocking was bad (and believe me I do feel immense sympathy for those on ships that night) but it was similar to really bad turbulence on an airplane. I've been in a lighting storm for 3 hours on a flight that was supposed to be 30 min.. I still fly! If you feel like it isn't worth the money then don't go, but if your cruise isn't too soon I would say think about it for a few weeks.
DisneyFan907 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-03-2012, 11:00 AM   #213
Silly Little Pixie
My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
You work yourself up more than it really is, and when it's over you think, huh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wadewilk View Post
I was on the Fantasy and one of the apparently crazy folks that thought it was fun. My wife disagrees. I tell her "it wasn't scary" and she replies "it was". Then I try to convince her she wasn't scared instead of accepting that people are different with different emotions. So far I haven't convinced her but I'll keep trying b/c the important thing is for everyone to agree with me.
People do indeed have very different reactions to perceived danger. Two years ago, flying home from a DCL cruise, our plane hit "severe turbulence". The kind where things were falling, people screaming and children crying. The man sitting next to me in the window seat grabbed my hand and asked me to pray with him. It was that bad. My DH was on my other side, aisle seat, listening to Jimmy Buffett on his iPod and playing Suduku. When I asked him if he was frightened he said no- 2 things: one, planes don't go down in turbulence, and two, the pilot knows a lot more about this than we do and he knows what the plane can handle. We went through a full hour of this turbulence, plane dipping side to side. I didn't want to get on our connecting flight home, I felt so traumatized. But DH convinced me, and I did. And while I was wary of flying the next time, i saw that it really was an isolated incident.

So I understand, to a degree, how some Fantasy passengers felt. They dealt with it a lot longer than 1 hour, obviously. I hope that in time they too can cruise again and enjoy it, but I understand if they don't want to take that chance.

We are absolutely not canceling our future DCL cruises! Looking forward to Alaska next summer and NYE on the Fantasy 2013.
DCL Wonder 11/08, B2B 11/10, 3/11, Christmas 2011, 6/13
Magic 11/09, 3/10 Fantasy NYE 12/13
Dream B2B Triple Dip! 3/12

Silly Little Pixie is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: