Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-02-2012, 08:48 AM   #61
charmedlife3517
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejasmine View Post
We get this dish every yr so Im really suprised, our filet are always cooked to perfection, can alomost slice with a fork! Risotto is suppose to be a bit firmer than regular rice, which risoto is my fave, I make it here at home!

That being said, did you let your wait staff know that the steak was over cooked, they would have brought you another one no prob, never just let it go there is no way they will know something is wrong if you dont let them know.

No, I did not send it back and for a couple of reasons:

1. The steak being overcooked was not a big deal to me. Just an observation. I would expect that from somewhere like Texas Roadhouse but I guess my expectations were a little higher from Le Cellier.

2. I didn't want to wait for another steak or for my waitress to come back to order the steak. She didnt make it back to our table until we were almost done eating. It was our first day in the park and I just wanted to go play

Like I said before, I think Le Cellier just isn't my cup of tea. By dissappointed I meant that I was expecting this to be one of my favorite restraunts and it was my least favorite. I'm not complaining about the chef or the restraunt itself. I just didnt like it. I dont think there is much Le Cellier could have done to change my mind as I just did not like the flavor of the filet or the bread. Do I think a soon-to-be signature should be able to cook a steak right the first time without the customer having to bring it to their attention? Yes. Was it a big deal to me? No. But I know it is to some people and there are people who would have to send their food back and wait all over again for a new steak. Not okay in my opinion. I dont know anybody who likes to wait to have their order re-made when they ordered it a certain way in the first place. I probably wont ever go back as it is going to be a 2 TS when I get back to Disney but I probably should have went with my gut and ordered the strip or the pork chop. Live and Learn

charmedlife3517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 07:53 AM   #62
kermiebudge
Mouseketeer

We ate there for the first time last year... I thought it was good, but had read all of the reviews stating how "amazing" it was, I think I expected to be blown away, but was not. Don't get me wrong, we thought our fillets were good, but not outstanding (and we are not fussy eaters). Since we are on the dining plan this upcoming trip, we have opted for lunch ressies so that we don't have to give up 2 TS credits. Hopefully, it'll still be 1 credit TS for lunch in Dec, b/c I hear lunch will be moving to 2 credits soon too.
kermiebudge is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-03-2012, 10:36 AM   #63
ChimneysweepGeorge
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEASLYBOO View Post
And with all of this wisdom, no review of your meal/s at Le Cellier?
Newp.
I have never eaten there, nor do I intend to do so. Enough people who's tastes in food I trust have found it totally "meh" and there are too many choices at WDW to eat "meh" food. Doubly so when it's "meh" and I can get a stellar version in my own city.
Old 11-03-2012, 12:12 PM   #64
chloelovesdisney
DIS Veteran

I think that because that particular menu item is so popular they have it cooked and ready to go, just heat it up and that is why it is overdone. This is just my opinion, I have never been told that is what they do. I've read many reviews where the filet was overdone and mediocre, but the other cuts of steak were great.

I would have sent it back and asked for one cooked medium rare and hot. I also get it with no mushrooms, and ask for the mashed potatoes instead of the risotto.

chloelovesdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 12:48 PM   #65
ChimneysweepGeorge
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloelovesdisney View Post
I think that because that particular menu item is so popular they have it cooked and ready to go, just heat it up and that is why it is overdone.
It would explain a lot but I doubt that's the case. A steak on a proper fire cooks up rather quickly. Even a large slab of meat cooked past medium won't take more than about 20 minutes. If a table orders soup/salad/apps you actually have to hold on firing the steak to avoid it coming out right on top of their first course.
Old 11-03-2012, 04:53 PM   #66
JCMHutch
Mouseketeer

We ate lunch there yesterday & DH loved his mushroom filet! I had the gnocchi & it was very yummy (I don't eat beef).

We've eaten lunch there several times never had a bad meal there. I guess we've been lucky.

2014 Vero Beach, 2014 Flower & Garden - SSR, 2013 Food & Wine SSR, 2013 Dolphin/Boardwalk, 2012 Port Orleans Riverside, 2011 Port Orleans Riverside, 2010 Pop Century/Gaylord Palms, 2009 POFQ, 2008 Dolphin, 2007 Pop Century, 2006 Dolphin, 2004 All Star Sports, 2003 All Star Movies, 2001 All Star Music, 2000 All Star Music, 1999 All Star Movies, 1997 All Star Sports, 1996 All Star Music, 1986 Disneyland, 1979 Wilderness Campground
JCMHutch is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: