Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-31-2012, 08:28 AM   #1
creamypuffs
Mouseketeer

Caribbean Beach or Coronado Springs?

I have never stayed at a Mod (only been to Value or Deluxe). If someone has stayed at both of these before, can you let me know why you would choose one over the other? Things important to us would be:

1. Kid friendly theme for 3 year old
2. Easy access to food and arcade area
3. Short drive to MK
4. Easy drive to Contemporary and Poly for meals

This will also be our first time renting a car. Is parking decent at both of these locations? (slightly off topic, is themepark parking fee free for resort guests?)

Thanks!!!
creamypuffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 08:35 AM   #2
dansdad
DIS Veteran

1. The rooms at CBR have either a Nemo theme or a Pirate theme (the Pirate themed rooms cost a little more and are the farthest from OPR and the main pool). CBR also has a splash area for the shorties only, no big kids allowed.

2. Both resorts are large and spread out. But both have preferred locations that are bookable and both have buildings/locations that are still very close that you can request.

3. IMHO, both of these would be an easy drive to MK.

4. Same as #3.

Yes, parking at the parks is free if you are staying on site.

Both are beautiful resorts and you can't really go wrong with either one. But if it was me, I'd go with CBR which is our favorite moderate.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-31-2012, 08:40 AM   #3
creamypuffs
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the tip! I am leaning towards CBR too. Looks beautiful. I'm going through all of the photos and the CBR thread now.
Old 10-31-2012, 03:12 PM   #4
twinboysmom
DIS Veteran

We have stayed in both resorts recently with our twin boys who were 2.5 at the time. For a 3 year old, I would highly recommend CBR. The pool area for littles is fantastic. The main pool has 2 slides and is zero entry but there is a separate gated water play area for the under 48 inch crowd. It's a pirate theme with multiple small slides and water features. I can't say how fun my boys thought it was and how much of a stress reliever it was that it had a locked gate. CSR has a deeper pool, no zero entry, but a better water slide for older kids. It's water play area for small children was pitiful at best.

As for transportation to the MK, neither is a close drive. I am not sure which one is closer but I would call it a draw. They are not MK resorts.

They are both great resorts and I think either one offers a great vacation. We will stay in CBR while our kids are young but if it was an adult only trip we would pick CSR for sure.
Old 10-31-2012, 03:34 PM   #5
MrsDuck
DIS Veteran

CSR is our favorite moderate!
Old 10-31-2012, 06:03 PM   #6
creamypuffs
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinboysmom View Post
We have stayed in both resorts recently with our twin boys who were 2.5 at the time. For a 3 year old, I would highly recommend CBR. The pool area for littles is fantastic. The main pool has 2 slides and is zero entry but there is a separate gated water play area for the under 48 inch crowd. It's a pirate theme with multiple small slides and water features. I can't say how fun my boys thought it was and how much of a stress reliever it was that it had a locked gate. CSR has a deeper pool, no zero entry, but a better water slide for older kids. It's water play area for small children was pitiful at best.
That's good to know! Pool makes a big difference for us too so glad you mentioned it!
Old 10-31-2012, 10:30 PM   #7
Julie711
DIS Veteran

We love CBR. The themeing of the resort is awesome, feels like your at the Caribbean in disneyworld. Your 3 yr old will LOVE the pool here. Our dd (4 yrs) has stayed at this resort 3x before and absolutely loves the kiddie pirate ship splash area !!

Me DH DD(6yrs)DS(2 yrs)

9/06- CBR- Honeymoon/ 4/10- CBR- 1st Family Trip/ 8/10- CBR- Family & Grandmom Visit/ 5/11- CBR/ 2/12-AKL- Kid Free Trip For My B Day!/ 11/12- BWV- 1st Christmas Visit 4/13-DL-DH Birthday Trip Kid Free/ 9/13-WLV

Julie711 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: