Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-30-2012, 04:53 PM   #1
PrincessMommy05
Mouseketeer

Touring Plans Question - Fastpasses

Has anyone used a touring plan recently with a fastpass runner? I was working on creating one and I don't think I will be able to use the fastpasses like it's telling me.

I put in there to minimize walking (with a 2 and 4 year old we're not going anywhere fast!) and it has 2 steps back to back where one person is supposed to be out getting fastpasses (Dumbo and Buzz Lightyear) and then rejoin the group.

It's been a couple of years since I've been there but if I remember correctly you could only get 1 fastpass per ticket during a certain period of time, and when that window was open you could get another one. Is that no longer the case or is Touring Plans wrong? Thanks in advance!!
PrincessMommy05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 04:59 PM   #2
AJ1983
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessMommy05 View Post
Has anyone used a touring plan recently with a fastpass runner? I was working on creating one and I don't think I will be able to use the fastpasses like it's telling me.

I put in there to minimize walking (with a 2 and 4 year old we're not going anywhere fast!) and it has 2 steps back to back where one person is supposed to be out getting fastpasses (Dumbo and Buzz Lightyear) and then rejoin the group.

It's been a couple of years since I've been there but if I remember correctly you could only get 1 fastpass per ticket during a certain period of time, and when that window was open you could get another one. Is that no longer the case or is Touring Plans wrong? Thanks in advance!!

I believe that you can obtain another FP either two hours after you obtain the first OR when the window for your first FP opens, whichever comes first.

For example, say its RD, and you grab a FP for Big Thunder and ride Splash standby. By the time you are finished Splash, your window for Big Thunder is now open, so you can grab a FP for Splash later in the day.

Or, you can get FP for Big Thunder at 11:00 am for use at 5:00 pm, and get a second FP at 1:00 PM (because two hours will have passed since you last got one)

Hope this makes sense. For the record, I've never used FP (don't think I've been to Disney since they were introduced!), and I'm still trying to figure it out, so people please correct me if I'm wrong
AJ1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-30-2012, 05:04 PM   #3
Raenstoirm
BL6 Team Challenge Tracker
Lets go get me your numbers!

No, you cant get 2 back to back. Your instinct is correct. When is your trip? With two small kids, it might be best to not follow such a strict plan if you are going during a slower time of year. Snacks, potty breaks and meltdowns tend to impeded a strict schedule.

Trying to stay at every resort, but we are creatures of habit!
Caribbean Beach/Riverside/Wilderness Lodge/All Star Movies/Beach Club/Contemporary

Raenstoirm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 05:29 PM   #4
PrincessMommy05
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raenstoirm View Post
No, you cant get 2 back to back. Your instinct is correct. When is your trip? With two small kids, it might be best to not follow such a strict plan if you are going during a slower time of year. Snacks, potty breaks and meltdowns tend to impeded a strict schedule.
We're going to be there 2 weeks from today!!! I was actually just playing with the system to see what I could figure out and if it would give me any ideas. I've done Disney enough to know what the must dos are for the kids and we like to do more of a go with the flow. I like the idea of touring plans because if the kids wanted to do something else on the fly I could change it on my phone.

Honestly too, I just got my ADRs fixed like I want them (staying up late has really paid off on that one!) and got DD into BBB so what else will I do with the time I was working on that before?

Thanks for the FP input too!! I thought my instinct was correct, but I thought they might have changed it since I know they're now adhering strictly to the time limits.
Old 10-30-2012, 07:31 PM   #5
MartDM
DIS Veteran

With a 2 & a 4 year old, I'd highly recommend a double stroller. You still won't get anywhere very fast, but it'll be quicker and less stressful than walking.
MartDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 07:40 PM   #6
PrincessMommy05
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartDM View Post
With a 2 & a 4 year old, I'd highly recommend a double stroller. You still won't get anywhere very fast, but it'll be quicker and less stressful than walking.
I've debated. I don't think the 4 year old will sit at all though and last time it was a huge hassle pushing it through the crowds. Ours is a monster. I know the 2 year old won't want to at first, but I think it will bring a welcome break when he's ready. We're driving so we will probably pack both and see what works.
Old 10-30-2012, 11:20 PM   #7
MermaidMommy
DIS Veteran

The time of day and the particular ride have an effect on how long you have to wait to get FP's. For example, first thing in the morning, most FP return times are only about 40 minutes out, so you won't have to wait the full 2 hours to get a new FP. Similarly, Dumbo's FP times are usually only about 40 minutes out (meaning that you'll usually have to return between 40 minutes and 1 hour and 40 minutes from the time you pull the FP). So, depending on the steps involved, you could be pulling FP's for a ride and then getting another FP less than an hour later.
Old 10-30-2012, 11:47 PM   #8
Lindz518
Earning My Ears

I think I've read on their website that the Dunno FP is not linked to the rest of the system making that Touring Plan possible.
Lindz518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 11:50 PM   #9
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindz518
I think I've read on their website that the Dunno FP is not linked to the rest of the system making that Touring Plan possible.
This. I've seen on another website that Dumbo isn't connected, so it may very well be possible in this case. The Mickey M&G in MK is the only other I know of like this.
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 09:35 AM   #10
ghtx
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raenstoirm View Post
No, you cant get 2 back to back. Your instinct is correct. When is your trip?
This is usually the case, but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindz518 View Post
Yes. I can verify that this is true. Or at least it was two weeks ago, when I got a Dumbo FP and then immediately afterwards I was able to get a LM FP. The other FP for which this is true is the Mickey TST M&G, as PP said.
Old 10-31-2012, 09:35 AM   #11
PrincessMommy05
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaboy2 View Post
This. I've seen on another website that Dumbo isn't connected, so it may very well be possible in this case. The Mickey M&G in MK is the only other I know of like this.
Well that's interesting, thanks!! I guess we'll just try and see
Old 10-31-2012, 11:28 AM   #12
mesaboy2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghtx View Post
This is usually the case, but...

Yes. I can verify that this is true. Or at least it was two weeks ago, when I got a Dumbo FP and then immediately afterwards I was able to get a LM FP. The other FP for which this is true is the Mickey TST M&G, as PP said.
Are you sure it wasn't the LM FP that wasn't disconnected? I think the Dumbo FP is likely disconnected, but I wouldn't count on LM being connected like most others just yet.
Old 10-31-2012, 11:36 AM   #13
PIRATEGIRL007
DIS Cast Member
OMG! I am about to jump up and down!
real technical words, aren't they!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaboy2 View Post
Are you sure it wasn't the LM FP that wasn't disconnected? I think the Dumbo FP is likely disconnected, but I wouldn't count on LM being connected like most others just yet.
Dumbo has not been 'connected' since they started issuing them over in the tent area.

LM has been confirmed on a few occasions connected as it denies another FP when trying to get one immediately. Or it was last week connected I should say.
PIRATEGIRL007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 11:41 AM   #14
mesaboy2

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIRATEGIRL007

Dumbo has not been 'connected' since they started issuing them over in the tent area.

LM has been confirmed on a few occasions connected as it denies another FP when trying to get one immediately. Or it was last week connected I should say.
Gotcha. I wanted to float the possibility that citing a FP for a ride not officially open yet may not be the best example.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: