Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-30-2012, 06:52 PM   #46
DisneyKevin
Kelvis
Above the Pearls Below the Crown

Such a tease!

DISboards Moderator

This information came to us during our podcast recording.

Y'all might find the conversation fascinating.
Old 10-30-2012, 07:20 PM   #47
kbelle8995
DIS Veteran

Wink

How about a Mos Eisley cantina restaurant and a New Indiana Jones ride for Hollywood studios?

Hey I can dream can't I.

I actually saw the imagineers involved in the reimagining of Star Tours at Star Wars Celebration VI. Star Wars Land was brought up during a Q&A. Yes I went to Star Wars Celebration VI. I had a great time and no I did not dress up.

I did get to see Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher.

Last edited by kbelle8995; 10-30-2012 at 07:33 PM.
kbelle8995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 07:43 PM   #48
LilyWDW
Going to My Happy Place

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireDancer View Post
I posted this on another thread but I believe that was always supposed to be the plan. There would be 9 episodes released in the order of 4,5,6,1,2,3,7,8,9. The second trilogy took a while so it was assumed that the last 3 would either not be made or be made after Lucas sold or died. Quite frankly I think someone other than Lucas should be making the next 3.

According some someone who knows Star Wars way more than I do the Thrawn trilogy by Timothy Zahn is what the last 3 probably would have looked like.

I do think the Avatar-land idea will no longer be made. There are way too many rich ecosystems from Star Wars that could easily be worked into Animal Kingdom.
It will be interesting to see what comes from this. The Hand of Thrawn trilogy is the best choice when it comes to making a trilogy based off of the canon books. It's well fleshed out and has one of the most popular non-movie character to ever be introduced in Mara Jade. It would be really hard to make a trilogy based after ROTJ without using some of the extended universe that is already out there since it covers such a large time frame.

Though I will admit, it will be odd seeing the characters as other actors. I mean, picturing Han as anyone BUT Harrison Ford just doesn't make my brain happy. But, I will give them a chance to show me what they can do. I won't make a judgement now. I will reserve it when I see what happens.

"You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." - Walt Disney
DIS'er OCTOBER 2014 FB Group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1398705187009744/

LilyWDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 07:51 PM   #49
jcb
always emerging from hibernation

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilyWDW View Post
Though I will admit, it will be odd seeing the characters as other actors. I mean, picturing Han as anyone BUT Harrison Ford just doesn't make my brain happy. But, I will give them a chance to show me what they can do. I won't make a judgement now. I will reserve it when I see what happens.
The world didn't end, so far as i could tell, with Kirk and Spock, we will survive Han.
Old 10-30-2012, 07:55 PM   #50
kbelle8995
DIS Veteran

Wink

I hope they don't do the books. I like Timothy Zahn's books. But the later ones became so depressing especially what they did to poor Chewbacca.
kbelle8995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 08:00 PM   #51
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilyWDW View Post
They ain't dead yet.

I remember Lucas saying something on the lines that he knew any actors he had would have aged considerably since filming the original three before he could revisit (at least when he admitted there were three more films), so presumably if he had treatments they accounted for it.

According to Iger, they have "a pretty extensive treatment of the next three movies". So it seems someone has been planning - it could be Lucas' original treatments.

4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

doconeill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 08:22 PM   #52
erinreid
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKevin View Post
This information came to us during our podcast recording.

Y'all might find the conversation fascinating.
Wow I can't wait to hear it!
1977 OP (2 nights) -- 1995 POR (2 nights) -- 2003 GF (7 nights) -- 2006 OP (2 nights) -- 2008 SS (11 nights) -- 2009 SS/AKL (11 nights) -- 2009 Xmas BC (7 nights) -- 2010 AKL (10 nights) -- 2011 BWV (9 nights) -- 2011 BWV (7 nights) -- 2012 AKV (8 nights)
erinreid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 11:07 PM   #53
WaltD4Me
PS...I tried asking for water cups once
I am actually a princess

Lisa 1980 Poly, 92' Grand Floridian, Oct 98 Teddy & Doll Convention, Dec 2004 POFQ, May 05 40th Birthday!, May 06 OKW 41st Birthday! May 07 OKW 42nd Birthday! Feb 08 Pirate & Princess Party! Oct. 08 at OKW! 1st Solo Trip May 09! / November 2010 at OKW, 2013 at WDW and Crusing on the Dream
WaltD4Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 02:40 AM   #54
denisecolby
disneydreamer

Avatar can still go to AK. It's already been planned and just the technology they will be using should draw enough people to go check it out.

Disney Studios would be the most logical place to host Star Wars and other Lucas projects. I can see the Star Tours ride magically transporting us to the world of Tatooine (sp?) I'm already waiting to make my dinner ressie for The Creature Cantina! Just wondering what "out of this world" dishes the chefs can come up with...
denisecolby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 04:08 AM   #55
Loves2Read
Earning My Ears

Lisa, can I borrow that picture for Facebook if I credit you?
Old 10-31-2012, 06:13 AM   #56
jpeka65844
DIS Veteran

Read something that said in 2015, Mark Hamill will be 63. The same age that Alec Guiness was when he did Episode IV.

Hmmm.......

jpeka65844 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 06:42 AM   #57
jcb
always emerging from hibernation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeka65844 View Post
Read something that said in 2015, Mark Hamill will be 63. The same age that Alec Guiness was when he did Episode IV.

Hmmm.......
And, as Yoda said, when 63 years old you reach, look as good, you will not.
Old 10-31-2012, 07:02 AM   #58
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

I'm excited about the merge of my families two loves! Also excited about new movies! I had also read about new shows on Disney XD? I can't wait to find out what the new movies will be about. If they will take on the New Order? Keep going with the Old Order? Continue a focus on jedi or touch upon one of the many other characters in the Star Wars universe? Would love to see a focus on bounty hunters!!

We have the DVD of the SW Holiday Special too!

There are so many possibilities now. Star Wars Land would be a dream come true for my youngest. He is the biggest Star Wars fan in my family. Celebration VI was HIS vacation, but we all completely loved it!

I sure hope they continue with SWW and Celebrations!!
lovethattink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 07:47 AM   #59
k5jmh

DIS Tech Talk Guru
Ask me about Alpaca poop!
I want to pour that Sauce all over my body

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post

There are so many possibilities now. Star Wars Land would be a dream come true for my youngest...
Star Wars Land?? How about a Lucasfilms/Pixar 5th Gate!! This would have the power to draw the crowds.

I also saw that Legoland Florida got in many of its Star Wars Land items.

...and who doesn't see this coming...

Adventures by Disney: Northern California - "Everywhere John Lasseter has worked" tour.

Itinerary:

Day 1 - Welcome Dinner at the Hotel - Wine included**
Day 2 - Walt Disney Family Museum - Wine included**
Day 3 - Pixar tour - Wine included**
Day 4 - Lassiter Family Winery Tour - wine extra
Day 5 - Skywalker Ranch, ILM, Skywalker Sound Tour - wine included**
Day 6 - Depart - buy more wine

**Lassiter Family Wine supplied at stops and water breaks and please buy a case to take home. ;-)

Old 10-31-2012, 08:22 AM   #60
whodini
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by k5jmh View Post
...and who doesn't see this coming...

Adventures by Disney: Northern California - "Everywhere John Lasseter has worked" tour.

Itinerary:

Day 1 - Welcome Dinner at the Hotel - Wine included**
Day 2 - Walt Disney Family Museum - Wine included**
Day 3 - Pixar tour - Wine included**
Day 4 - Lassiter Family Winery Tour - wine extra
Day 5 - Skywalker Ranch, ILM, Skywalker Sound Tour - wine included**
Day 6 - Depart - buy more wine
If there was an ABD tour that visited both Pixar and Skywalker Ranch, I'd be signing up in a hearbeat.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: