Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-29-2012, 12:51 PM   #121
amazingact21
Upendi

Wow, your room at Bonnet Creek was really nice. I actually haven't seen too many pictures of the place, and I was pleasently surprised to see how big each room was. Plenty enough room for a toddler to roam around.

Ending your MK day with a parade sounds great; it's so much fun to watch the characters interact with guests. So even though your DS might not have enjoyed the rides or the haircut, at least he had a blast high fiving the characters!

Current Reports:Let's Watch the Hallucination Show on the Castle -A May '14 TR
Past Reports:December 2013 TR/December 2013 PTR/May 2012 TR/May 2012 PTR /May 2011 TR /December 2010 TR
Old 12-01-2012, 01:51 PM   #122
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by debrapagliasotti View Post
Great updates!

I didnt know you could bring a folded stroller on the train, so that is definately valuable info for our upcoming trip

Great pics of the parade.

I am glad to hear you were able to find out what was causing the problems for little Paxton. Must be such a relief.
I had read that about the strollers on the boards awhile back, so maybe they have changed it since then? We saw several people taking folded strollers with not a word from the CM. I'm sure it's in my notes, but I don't think we ever attempted it ourselves. But it's good to know that you can!

Yes, it was definitely great to finally find out what was going on with Paxton! He is getting his ear tubes in a week, and I could not be more ready. I'm so tired of the constant ear infections and antibiotics!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by leshunlenese View Post
Poor Paxton..allergic to cats but at least you now know why he was getting sick.

Trains...what is it with toddlers and trains..
devyn is obsessed but that makes up for pirates and the horses

I love the 3pm parade at MK. The first time i saw it last may the fairy godmother wished my a happy birthday from the float and i was obssesed with the princess and the frog so i was yelling at her like a little kid. When we went to meet her later on, she remebered me. She asked if i was the girl yelling in frontierland! Love her!!!
I have no clue what it is about trains, but Paxton is just obsessed with any and all trains!! He is also getting into pirates lately too. At least it makes it easy when it comes time to buy presents for Christmas or birthdays. There is a whole aisle of Thomas & Friends toys at Wal Mart!!

Aww, that is so sweet that Tiana remembered you! We passed by our one opportunity to meet with her in Liberty Square, and I'm really regretting it now. He loves Princess & the Frog (and I do too!). The music is fantastic, and Tiana is a great not-your-typical Princess...I love that she was not at all interested in finding a husband like the rest of the princesses are! And you just can't beat the New Orleans touches in that movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingact21 View Post
Wow, your room at Bonnet Creek was really nice. I actually haven't seen too many pictures of the place, and I was pleasently surprised to see how big each room was. Plenty enough room for a toddler to roam around.

Ending your MK day with a parade sounds great; it's so much fun to watch the characters interact with guests. So even though your DS might not have enjoyed the rides or the haircut, at least he had a blast high fiving the characters!
Bonnet Creek offers a LOT of space, even in their one bedroom units! We have actually found that to be true at almost every Wyndham resort we have every stayed in. It has really spoiled us when we travel, and it is so annoying to have to squeeze into a regular sized hotel room now! The rooms are big so you don't feel on top of the people you are rooming with, and the master bathrooms are HUGE. Plus there is plenty of common room space, so Paxton had tons of room to run around and play.

So true! Him enjoying the character interaction in the parade totally made up for his not so great moments earlier in the day. We found that to be true the rest of the trip as well. His character moments were so great that they made the trip extra special even though he was afraid of other things in other parks too that he had been fine with before.
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge TR | SEPTEMBER 2014 // ABD DIS Exclusive Viva Italia & Disneyland Paris Show No Fear! DIS Exclusive Viva Italia + DLP Sept 2014 | MARCH 2015 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove | OCTOBER 2015 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal | FEBRUARY 2016 // ??
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-03-2012, 02:38 PM   #123
khertz

Day 3 Part 1: Who Needs Soarin'? We Want Mickey!

Day 3: Monday October 22nd

We were up and moving for our first day in the parks with my parents at 7 am. DS ate a bowl of oatmeal while DH and I got dressed, and then we got him dressed and ready to go. I wanted to leave for 8 am, and we were in the car exactly then! Since DH and I had the Premier AP's and got free parking, we agreed to split up in the mornings to save my parents some money on parking as well. My mom rode in our rental car with DH and DS while I rode with my dad. As we were driving over to the parks, my dad told me that my mom had been very adamant with him about getting up and out of the room by a certain time (my mom is notoriously late for everything!) because if not, I wouldn't wait around for them and they would have to pay a "$14 fine" for being late because they would have to pay for parking! Whatever the threat was, it worked, because they were ALWAYS ready on time!

Anyway, where were we heading this morning?

Epcot!

Since Bonnet Creek is SO close to Epcot, we were there in no time and parked in the very first row of the parking lot. After going through bag check, we found a turnstile with only 2 families ahead of us and joined that line. Seriously, I guess people just don't look around because the lines in the middle turnstiles are always really long and the ones on the sides have hardly any people at them!

While waiting, DH and I decided to have our breakfast of a Pop Tart for him and granola bar for me. Someone decided a bowl of oatmeal wasn't a substantial enough breakfast and spend most of the time we were eating begging for bites.

DS was in a very happy mood this morning, and even having to wait at the turnstiles was not bothering him in the least!

While we waited in line, we figured out our morning strategy. With Test Track closed and DH and I not interested in riding Soarin' at all, it made it a little more relaxing for us to plan what we wanted to do in Future World that morning. We decided we wanted to go to the Character Spot first, and that my parents were going to go get themselves FPs for Soarin' and meet up with us there. The turnstiles opened at 8:45 am, and that's where we headed first!

They are doing some kind of rehab of the old Character Spot location, so we had to go around aways before we found the correct entrance. Since it wasn't yet 9 am, we had to wait around a bit until official park opening before the characters came out. DS didn't mind playing around in line though!

That gave my parents plenty of time to get back to us before it was time to head in. At precisely 9, we were able to start moving into the character room! I was disappointed to see not all of the Fab 5 there, but we were still getting to meet Mickey, Minnie, and Pluto.

First up was Mickey! This was our first character greeting of the trip, so we weren't sure how DS was going to react this time. He LOVED the characters last year, and was a little more hesitant around them on our DL trip when he was 18 months old. He was still a little hesitant at first this time, but no tears! Yay!

When I got my Photopass CD, I noticed all of the pictures from meeting Mickey were not there, so I sent in a form for photo recovery and they emailed me saying that due to a malfunction with the equipment they couldn't recover those photos for me. Talk about bummer! But luckily we didn't have that problem with any other Photopass character photos.

After Mickey, we went over to Pluto. I made sure to tell Pluto we had just gotten a new puppy at home who looks a lot like him, and Pluto sure enjoyed hearing that! He also was happy to let DS pet him.

Last but not least was the lovely Minnie Mouse!

Continued in next post...
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge TR | SEPTEMBER 2014 // ABD DIS Exclusive Viva Italia & Disneyland Paris Show No Fear! DIS Exclusive Viva Italia + DLP Sept 2014 | MARCH 2015 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove | OCTOBER 2015 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal | FEBRUARY 2016 // ??
Old 12-03-2012, 02:51 PM   #124
khertz

Day 3 Part 2: The Search for Nemo

Day 3 Continued: Monday October 22nd

After meeting the characters, we decided to head over to The Seas to look for Nemo.

Love that fountain!

As we walked into the queue, I mentioned to DH he should take some pictures in the queue because it's so detailed. This is what I got.

I didn't mean pictures of ME! He got serious and took some pictures for me though there weren't many because we were zipping through the line. Here's one.

In no time we were getting on our clamshells. DS seemed a little hesitant at first as we were sitting down, but once he was on my lap and we were getting to the fish, he was okay.

After seeing Nemo safely home, we decided to go get DS's picture in Bruce's mouth again. They were such cute pictures last time, and I was thinking maybe this could be our place to take his pic every year and watch him grow through our Disney trips...

Ummm...guess I will have to find a new place. He didn't seem to enjoy being eaten by a shark much on this trip!

Instead, we walked upstairs to check out the aquariums.

That is pretty much the extent of our aquarium pictures because there wasn't a whole lot going on. The dolphins and manatees were not out and DS was not very interested in looking at the fish for more than a few minutes.

As we passed through the gift shop, I spotted all of the shirts with the seagulls proclaiming Mine! Mine! Mine! Oh how I wish they had had it in a toddler size (and not a onesie) because I so would have gotten one for DS. This is now his mantra.

Continued in next post...
Old 12-03-2012, 03:02 PM   #125
khertz

Day 3 Part 3: One Little Spark

Day 3 Continued: Monday October 22nd

After finding Nemo (do you see what I did there?), we made our way over to Journey Into Imagination.

Of course it was barely 9:30, so there was no line to speak of. In fact, I think the CM's were legitimately shocked that we were coming onto this attraction this early in the morning. Surely they thought we were either lost or Disney noobs.

As we boarded the ride, we tried DH and I sitting in the front row with DS riding with my parents in the row behind us, but DS immediately started freaking so up to the front row with us he came. We actually had to sit and wait there a few minutes for another family to show up so our ride vehicle wouldn't be leaving with only the 5 of us!

There now don't you feel like you just went through the attraction?! I know it is not a popular opinion, but I actually really like Journey Into Imagination. And DS seemed to enjoy everything but being blasted with the skunk smell and the loud train noise.

After the attraction, we stayed to play in the little games area they let you out in.

Playing music with a wave of our arms.

DS (and Nonni & I!) really liked the area where you play different instruments by standing on different spots on the floor.

We found a little computer station to design your own Figment, so Paxton designed one and we emailed it home to ourselves.

We tried some Muppet hats on in the gift shop, and had I known how crazy DS was going to be about winter hats when we got home, I totally would have gotten him one! Which one do you think looks best? I like them all!

After finishing up there, we decided to go check out the wait time for Spaceship Earth, but it was a little crazy. So we decided to split up. My parents were ready to go use their Soarin' FPs and DH and I had spotted some little mischief makers on our way to SE that we thought DS might enjoy meeting, so we headed that way instead.

UP NEXT: So what's the deal with this Beverly stuff?
Old 12-03-2012, 03:12 PM   #126
skier_pete
DIS Veteran

Hey, hey...welcome to the world of parenting where your first stop at Epcot is the character spot! Hah hah.

Actually, that's a real bummer that there were only the three of them. We always hit the Character spot as our first stop at Epcot, and usually all 5 are there! If you are really, really lucky and are the first ones in line, they will sometimes let you get a picture with all 5 characters. (Never got it ourselves, but seen it happen.)

He defintely did not like Bruce, did he!

Oops, as I'm typing this, I notced a third page...for Figment. I do like the ride, but don't love it. I think if I listed every ride that I think needed a re-do in order of importance, I would list this one as number 1. With today's technology, I just think they could make such a wonderful interactive ride out of this. I hope with the future NextGen technology they do something with it. (But keep the song! and Figment of course!) It was way higher up on the list than Test Track.

Pete

1971 - 1982 Many childhood trips May 1997 - Off-site w/ DGF (now DW) October 2000 - Off-site w/ DW - 1st AK
October 14-20,2006 - First on-site (POFQ), first w/ DD3 and DMIL. September 22-29, 2007 with freinds @ POFQ! August 23-31, 2008. Just us 3...dining for free!
December 12-20, 2009 - 40th Birthday trip! Trip Report April 20-25, 2010 - Short surprise trip for DD! Trip Report
October 15-25, 2010 @ AKL Trip Report!
November 11-20, 2011 - Free dining at CBR! PTR! and Trip Report
July/August 2012 Disneyland / Australia TripPTR "I choose to Be Amused" TR
The Disney Trifecta - a PTR for 2013. LINK Trip Reports - ABD: "A Fistful of Fastpasses" WDW: "For A Few Fastpasses More" DCL: "Once Upon a Time in the Carribean"

October 2014 Pre Trip Report- "Let us plan our Escape !" LINK NEW TR
Old 12-03-2012, 03:35 PM   #127
Chelley00
DIS Veteran

Character Spot was closed when we went on Oct 25 You are lucky you went when you did.
Old 12-03-2012, 05:24 PM   #128
khertz

Quote:
Originally Posted by skier_pete View Post
Hey, hey...welcome to the world of parenting where your first stop at Epcot is the character spot! Hah hah.

Actually, that's a real bummer that there were only the three of them. We always hit the Character spot as our first stop at Epcot, and usually all 5 are there! If you are really, really lucky and are the first ones in line, they will sometimes let you get a picture with all 5 characters. (Never got it ourselves, but seen it happen.)

He defintely did not like Bruce, did he!

Oops, as I'm typing this, I notced a third page...for Figment. I do like the ride, but don't love it. I think if I listed every ride that I think needed a re-do in order of importance, I would list this one as number 1. With today's technology, I just think they could make such a wonderful interactive ride out of this. I hope with the future NextGen technology they do something with it. (But keep the song! and Figment of course!) It was way higher up on the list than Test Track.

Pete
There was a morning, I want to say at Hollywood Studios, when we were planning our morning strategy and basically talking about going to TSM then character meets. I looked over at my mom and she was looking at the map totally confused because she thought we were talking about attractions and she couldn't find what we were talking about on the map! That's Disney World with a toddler for you. Luckily, we love the character meets just as much as Paxton does!

That's great they do that with the first family sometimes! We will definitely have to try to get over there first next year. I think with the meet being in a different and smaller location, they weren't able to fit all 5 in there. I heard that Daisy is replacing Donald there, which is really disappointing since we love Donald and now you won't be able to find him anywhere in his traditional outfit.

Oh, yea, there is so much more they can do with the Imagination ride! I never did see it with Dreamfinder way back when, so I think the people who were really attached to that version of the ride are the ones who passionately hate this one. I just think it's a cute attraction and it's something we can do that is age appropriate for Paxton.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelley00 View Post
Character Spot was closed when we went on Oct 25 You are lucky you went when you did.
I wonder what they are doing? Maybe getting rid of those horrible backgrounds they had there?! That would be nice. It was a bummer only seeing 3 of the 5, but at least the background was much better in the makeshift room they had the meet happening in. Too bad y'all missed it!
Old 12-03-2012, 05:59 PM   #129
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by khertz View Post
Day 3 Continued:
After seeing Nemo safely home, we decided to go get DS's picture in Bruce's mouth again. They were such cute pictures last time, and I was thinking maybe this could be our place to take his pic every year and watch him grow through our Disney trips...

[CENTER]

[/I][/SIZE]
Yummmmm - yeah - not gonna happen. Paxton is NOT loving being in Bruce's mouth - at all! I really shouldn't even jokingly laugh because you never know is going to scare the bejesus out of a little kid. Poor little guy.

All his other pictures are wonderful. You got some great shots with the characters. At least he wasn't afraid of the characters - only Bruce!

And I LOVE the hat shots, especially the first one. Too adorable.

Love DH's pictures inside Nemo. The colors are so perfect!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 12-03-2012, 07:06 PM   #130
khertz

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Yummmmm - yeah - not gonna happen. Paxton is NOT loving being in Bruce's mouth - at all! I really shouldn't even jokingly laugh because you never know is going to scare the bejesus out of a little kid. Poor little guy.

All his other pictures are wonderful. You got some great shots with the characters. At least he wasn't afraid of the characters - only Bruce!

And I LOVE the hat shots, especially the first one. Too adorable.

Love DH's pictures inside Nemo. The colors are so perfect!
You really do not EVER know!! Here's the picture from last year...

You are right about that, I was SO relieved that he wasn't afraid of the characters! I was pretty worried about that given how many other things were making him nervous or upset already!
Old 12-03-2012, 07:10 PM   #131
DaveinFallsChurch
DIS Veteran

Our DD6 is just now getting over her fear of Bruce and sharks in general. Last year when we were viewing the shark tank at the National Aquarium in Baltimore, I did my best Bruce voice impression when one of the great white sharks went by - "Hello, my name is Bruce. Fish are friends, not food!" She didn't find it so funny and got pretty upset. Felt a little bad.

Everyone Hail To the Pumpkin Song! October 2014: TR PTR
Don't Fear the Rain, We have the Ducky of Death! - Jan '14 Trip Report
Discovering A Whole New World of Disney - An October Photo Safari 2013: Trip Report /PTR
A Winter Escape to the Enchanted Forest - January 2013 Trip Report/PTR
A Solo Trip to Disneyland 28 years in the Making! A Trip Report for October 16 and 17th, 2012
Our First Magical Poly Vacation! April 14-21, 2012 - Trip Report/ Live Report/ PTR

Old 12-03-2012, 07:25 PM   #132
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Hi, I'm here! Wanted to sub before I forgot again! I might need a couple of days to catch up, but I'm here!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 12-03-2012, 07:59 PM   #133
khertz

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinFallsChurch View Post
Our DD6 is just now getting over her fear of Bruce and sharks in general. Last year when we were viewing the shark tank at the National Aquarium in Baltimore, I did my best Bruce voice impression when one of the great white sharks went by - "Hello, my name is Bruce. Fish are friends, not food!" She didn't find it so funny and got pretty upset. Felt a little bad.
You mean dad!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
Hi, I'm here! Wanted to sub before I forgot again! I might need a couple of days to catch up, but I'm here!
Old 12-03-2012, 08:39 PM   #134
skier_pete
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by khertz View Post
Oh, yea, there is so much more they can do with the Imagination ride! I never did see it with Dreamfinder way back when, so I think the people who were really attached to that version of the ride are the ones who passionately hate this one. I just think it's a cute attraction and it's something we can do that is age appropriate for Paxton.
I only vaguely remember the original ride from when I rode it as a teen. I think DW and I rode the intermediate version in '97, but don't remember that at all. So, I have no nostalgia for previous versions, I just think that the concept of imagination could be SOO much more, especially with the fact the Disney is BUILT on imagination.

Maybe they need to get a sponser. How about Apple? They've got gobs of money, and Jobs was a major Disney shareholder.

1971 - 1982 Many childhood trips May 1997 - Off-site w/ DGF (now DW) October 2000 - Off-site w/ DW - 1st AK
October 14-20,2006 - First on-site (POFQ), first w/ DD3 and DMIL. September 22-29, 2007 with freinds @ POFQ! August 23-31, 2008. Just us 3...dining for free!
December 12-20, 2009 - 40th Birthday trip! Trip Report April 20-25, 2010 - Short surprise trip for DD! Trip Report
October 15-25, 2010 @ AKL Trip Report!
November 11-20, 2011 - Free dining at CBR! PTR! and Trip Report
July/August 2012 Disneyland / Australia TripPTR "I choose to Be Amused" TR
The Disney Trifecta - a PTR for 2013. LINK Trip Reports - ABD: "A Fistful of Fastpasses" WDW: "For A Few Fastpasses More" DCL: "Once Upon a Time in the Carribean"

October 2014 Pre Trip Report- "Let us plan our Escape !" LINK NEW TR
Old 12-03-2012, 09:03 PM   #135
khertz

Quote:
Originally Posted by skier_pete View Post
I only vaguely remember the original ride from when I rode it as a teen. I think DW and I rode the intermediate version in '97, but don't remember that at all. So, I have no nostalgia for previous versions, I just think that the concept of imagination could be SOO much more, especially with the fact the Disney is BUILT on imagination.

Maybe they need to get a sponser. How about Apple? They've got gobs of money, and Jobs was a major Disney shareholder.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: