Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-16-2012, 11:18 AM   #76
AGPrincess
Princess at heart
 
AGPrincess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,907

Your TR title pulled me in, loving the updates! Your DS is so adorable...love the story about him having a name for Mickey for the first time. Looks like he seemed to like the barber shop in the end, very fun! Sounds like you guys were having a fabulous MK day! I also loved the "Princess Security" shirts on the brothers -- that is such a cute idea.
AGPrincess is offline  
Old 11-16-2012, 11:20 AM   #77
skier_pete
DIS Veteran
 
skier_pete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 5,524

Ooooh! If it's where I think it is, my favorite lunch place in Magic Kingdom. Fried shrimp & Apple cobbler!
__________________

1971 - 1982 Many childhood trips May 1997 - Off-site w/ DGF (now DW) October 2000 - Off-site w/ DW - 1st AK
October 14-20,2006 - First on-site (POFQ), first w/ DD3 and DMIL. September 22-29, 2007 with freinds @ POFQ! August 23-31, 2008. Just us 3...dining for free!
December 12-20, 2009 - 40th Birthday trip! Trip Report April 20-25, 2010 - Short surprise trip for DD! Trip Report
October 15-25, 2010 @ AKL Trip Report!
November 11-20, 2011 - Free dining at CBR! PTR! and Trip Report
July/August 2012 Disneyland / Australia TripPTR "I choose to Be Amused" TR
The Disney Trifecta - a PTR for 2013. LINK Trip Reports - ABD: "A Fistful of Fastpasses" WDW: "For A Few Fastpasses More" DCL: "Once Upon a Time in the Carribean"

October 2014 Pre Trip Report- "Let us plan our Escape !" LINK
skier_pete is online now  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 11-16-2012, 11:27 AM   #78
MEK
DIS Veteran
 
MEK's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Middletown, DE
Posts: 18,184

That story takes me right back to the time my oldest son freaked out over his first haircut. Too funny! He hated haircuts so much I would only take him to this cute little Italian barber near my parents house (yeah - over an hour away).

Can't wait to come back and see all your pics!
__________________

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline  
Old 11-16-2012, 12:35 PM   #79
leshunlenese
DIS Veteran
 
leshunlenese's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Georgia
Posts: 1,101

I love the magic kingdom in the fall and the halloween decorations. You guys took some really nice family pics. It looks like you are heading to one of my favorite Quick service locations!
__________________
1989 first visit off site + several family trips as a child | 1997 AS Sp | 2000 8th grade band trip/offsite |2004 ASM| 2007*Walt Disney College Program- Chatham Square*| 2008 AARC congress at WDW | 2009 ASMo|OCT 2010 POP..1st MNSSHP/DS 1st visit and birthday | Dec 10 POLY |May/June 11 POP |AUG 11 marriott village |Dec 2011 graduation celebration @AKV-Jambo | FEB 13 dolphin | May 13 POP |Sept 13 Yacht club | Nov 13 POFQ | May 14 Disney dream | Sept 14 Assp | April 15
ME(28)and DS(4)Sept 13 Disney Video
Sept 13 TR
Sept 2014 PTR



I loved the poly but Jambo house stole my heart! Dec 11 college graduation TR
My 1st TR: Who says you can't take a 1 year old to WDW. Put that boy in a stroller!Oct 2010
leshunlenese is offline  
Old 11-16-2012, 01:07 PM   #80
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!
 
khertz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: South Louisiana
Posts: 5,143

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneybarbie View Post
The Barbershop looks like so much fun! I've never been in there before I'm glad Paxton enjoyed it in the end hehe.


Emma x
When we booked the Barber Shop for his 1st haircut last year, I didn't even know for sure where it was! I had never been inside there before, but it is really quite charming although it is pretty small so it can get crowded quickly.

I was so happy that he calmed down and actually seemed to enjoy it. I was starting to wonder if we had made a huge mistake!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGPrincess View Post
Your TR title pulled me in, loving the updates! Your DS is so adorable...love the story about him having a name for Mickey for the first time. Looks like he seemed to like the barber shop in the end, very fun! Sounds like you guys were having a fabulous MK day! I also loved the "Princess Security" shirts on the brothers -- that is such a cute idea.
I'm glad the title pulled you in, I guess that means I picked a good one! I always have trouble trying to come up with something.

Halfway through the haircut, I think he realized nothing bad was happening, and he calmed down and had fun with it. What a relief! It was a great morning in MK, and a great way to start off the trip. Thanks for joining in! I'll have to head over and check out your TR today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skier_pete View Post
Ooooh! If it's where I think it is, my favorite lunch place in Magic Kingdom. Fried shrimp & Apple cobbler!


Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
That story takes me right back to the time my oldest son freaked out over his first haircut. Too funny! He hated haircuts so much I would only take him to this cute little Italian barber near my parents house (yeah - over an hour away).

Can't wait to come back and see all your pics!
Oh my gosh, the things we do to keep our kiddos happy! I was actually kind of surprised because he did amazingly well for both of his previous haircuts, both in Disney and one at a regular shop near the house. What a good mama you were driving him an hour out of the way for haircuts! Although I'd imagine his hair would get nice and long in between cuts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leshunlenese View Post
I love the magic kingdom in the fall and the halloween decorations. You guys took some really nice family pics. It looks like you are heading to one of my favorite Quick service locations!
I was really excited to see it dressed up for Halloween again!

I think we both enjoy the same entree there, so I think you are right about where we are headed next!!
__________________
Me DH DS (3)
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/"I Wanna See My Castle!" October 2013 TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge Adventures at 40"! May 2014 TR
khertz is offline  
Old 11-16-2012, 01:20 PM   #81
CandleontheWater
Forever in love with Hathaway Browne
 
CandleontheWater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 3,193

how cool that a photopass photographer was in the barber shop! I'd never seen that before and would love to have one there all the time. Its like the BBB for boys, so they should get the same star treatment, right?

The interactive queue for HM is a must with toddlers, I swear Everett enjoys it more than even the ride itself. I'm glad Paxton wasn't too upset in the HM, its tough when it is dark and there are strange noises.

Yum, I think CHH is in your future!
CandleontheWater is offline  
Old 11-16-2012, 01:30 PM   #82
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it
 
afwdwfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Indiana
Posts: 9,981

I'm glad to see that Paxton calmed down for his haircut. That would have been very concerning though when he had hist little freak out as he was being put in the chair. At least he calmed down and went with the flow. The CM's who work in the barber shop must be just absolutel phenomenal. You know they have to be dealing with multiple toddler meltdowns in their chairs daily.

It was a bit of a relief to see that Paxton did well in HM too. That wasn't one of DS's favorites last year.
afwdwfan is offline  
Old 11-16-2012, 05:04 PM   #83
Dugette
DIS Veteran
 
Dugette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 2,317

Glad he ended up enjoying his haircut after all. It looks great! We want to do our DD's first haircut there when we go Dec. 2013, but I'm nervous because (I know this is silly) I hate stickers! And they're all over that place. Oh, well, I've got a year to work that one out.

Also, yum if you're headed for CHH!
__________________
Me (37) DH (36) DD (born 9/20/12) Bailey Kitty
June 10-13, 2014: Offsite | Dec. 7-14, 2013: Polynesian ("Bear Hugs & Piggy Kisses - Baby's First Trip") TR In Progress! | Oct. 5-12, 2011: Pop Century ("Poor Unfortunate Souls: So Wet, So Full")
Dec. 10-19, 2010: Poly Club! ("How the Other Half Lives") | Nov. 10-14, 2010: Pop/BCV ("100 Eats & Drinks in 3.5 Days!")
Aug. 20-22, 2010: ASMu ("The Last-Minute Super-Bargain Bonus Trip") | June 3-7, 2010: Pop/AKL ("Star Wars Nightastically Delicious!")
Jan. 16-25, 2010: Poly/WL/POR ("The Magic and The Misery") | Sept. 9-14, 2009: Pop Century ("The Prequel") | March 10-17, 1990: Offsite ("A Disney Walk Back in Time...on Four Paws")


Dugette is offline  
Old 11-16-2012, 07:24 PM   #84
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!
 
khertz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: South Louisiana
Posts: 5,143

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandleontheWater View Post
how cool that a photopass photographer was in the barber shop! I'd never seen that before and would love to have one there all the time. Its like the BBB for boys, so they should get the same star treatment, right?

The interactive queue for HM is a must with toddlers, I swear Everett enjoys it more than even the ride itself. I'm glad Paxton wasn't too upset in the HM, its tough when it is dark and there are strange noises.

Yum, I think CHH is in your future!
It was such a great surprise to see PP in there! It really let DH enjoy the experience instead of trying to get a ton of pictures like he usually is.

Oh yes, Paxton definitely enjoyed the heck out of that queue, but not so much the actual ride, but I'm glad he wasn't screaming or really freaking out during it.

You may be right!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
I'm glad to see that Paxton calmed down for his haircut. That would have been very concerning though when he had hist little freak out as he was being put in the chair. At least he calmed down and went with the flow. The CM's who work in the barber shop must be just absolutel phenomenal. You know they have to be dealing with multiple toddler meltdowns in their chairs daily.

It was a bit of a relief to see that Paxton did well in HM too. That wasn't one of DS's favorites last year.
DH and I totally gave each other that look of panic when he started freaking out! We were both so relieved when he calmed down. Those CM's are just amazing in there with customers of all ages. They are probably pumping unfiltered pixie dust through the air vents in there or something to get the toddlers to cooperate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dugette View Post
Glad he ended up enjoying his haircut after all. It looks great! We want to do our DD's first haircut there when we go Dec. 2013, but I'm nervous because (I know this is silly) I hate stickers! And they're all over that place. Oh, well, I've got a year to work that one out.

Also, yum if you're headed for CHH!
Oh yes, not even just the barber shop, CM's from all over gave him stickers all the time! I hated it last year because he always tried to eat them, but this year was a little better. Except for that first day, because those ones he had on his legs got baked on in the sun and were a pain to get off that night!!
__________________
Me DH DS (3)
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/"I Wanna See My Castle!" October 2013 TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge Adventures at 40"! May 2014 TR
khertz is offline  
Old 11-16-2012, 11:05 PM   #85
debrapagliasotti
DIS Veteran
 
debrapagliasotti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Too far from WDW
Posts: 2,302

GREAT haircut pics!! Super cute
__________________
DH & Me, DS 12, DD 11, DS 5, DS 4
7/97 - WDW Offsite, 8/08 - CBR, 12/12 - BW (Dlx CL) & MVMCP, 2/14 - POFQ/POR (PHM), Upcoming 2/15 - AKV (PHM)
debrapagliasotti is offline  
Old 11-17-2012, 12:34 AM   #86
RachelNinja
Sometimes I'd rather live in VMK than in real life!
 
RachelNinja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 3,425

I love that the PP photographers captured his haircut even if his eyes do show that he was crying. Definitely the memories to save! I love the picture while he's still in the chair and the barber has his hand over his head. Paxton's dimples are out of this world adorable!

Yay for being okay with HM! Haha, the grip on the bar sounds so cute.
__________________
Always the Weird to my Ninja

Weird and Ninja Shout Out to You (Jan '15 TR in progress) // Mr. and Mrs. Weak Sauce Go the Distance (May '12 Disneymoon TR) // Delicious Indeed! (Feb '11 TR) // Saving Dole Whip Float Money (Feb '11 PTR) // Weird and Ninja’s Pre-Disneymoon (April '10 TR) // It's Better Than Stuffed Mezzaluna with Sausage! (April '10 PTR) // A DISer's Trip of Firsts! (Feb '08 TR) // The Flat Adventures of Weird and Ninja! (Living the Life Outside of VMK)

BLOG / INSTAGRAM / TWITTER - Msg me here if you want to follow
RachelNinja is offline  
Old 11-17-2012, 05:00 AM   #87
MEK
DIS Veteran
 
MEK's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Middletown, DE
Posts: 18,184

I'm back to see your pics and the ones in the barbershop are so, so cute. You got so many great shots of Paxton, despite his initial meltdown. You can definitely see it coming in that "foreshadow" picture.

Your pictures from outside of the Barbershop are also great.

Please ask your DH how he got the shot of the ghosts in the dining room at the HM. I try and try but never get the camera to focus on anything. Please ask him what manual mode he is using on what he is doing with light balance and iso. I also can never get the hitch hiking ghosts. I've got be doing something wrong with the manual settings.

Great update!
__________________

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline  
Old 11-17-2012, 10:07 AM   #88
amazingact21
Upendi
 
amazingact21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Northwest, FL
Posts: 2,490

Sorry your DS's haircut started off rocky. At least in the end he calmed down and he was able to get the cut. Stickers work wonders!
__________________
1998 DoubleTree /2003 Offsite /2003 Offsite /2004 Offsite /2004 Offsite /2010 Shades of Green/2011 All Star Sports/2011 Disney Magic/Pop/2012 ASSp/2012 ASMo/2012 Day Trip/2013 Pop/2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge




Current Reports: Why, My Little Guppy Has Groupies!- A December 2013 TR
Past Reports:December 2013 PTR/May 2012 TR/May 2012 PTR /May 2011 TR /December 2010 TR
amazingact21 is offline  
Old 11-18-2012, 11:52 AM   #89
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!
 
khertz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: South Louisiana
Posts: 5,143

Quote:
Originally Posted by debrapagliasotti View Post
GREAT haircut pics!! Super cute
Thanks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelNinja View Post
I love that the PP photographers captured his haircut even if his eyes do show that he was crying. Definitely the memories to save! I love the picture while he's still in the chair and the barber has his hand over his head. Paxton's dimples are out of this world adorable!

Yay for being okay with HM! Haha, the grip on the bar sounds so cute.
That is one of my favorites too! When you can catch it on camera, he has such a sweet little smile. And I love the dimple!!

It was so funny, I was leaning back against the buggy as it went down, but he grabbed the bar and kept himself pulled up to it the whole day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I'm back to see your pics and the ones in the barbershop are so, so cute. You got so many great shots of Paxton, despite his initial meltdown. You can definitely see it coming in that "foreshadow" picture.

Your pictures from outside of the Barbershop are also great.

Please ask your DH how he got the shot of the ghosts in the dining room at the HM. I try and try but never get the camera to focus on anything. Please ask him what manual mode he is using on what he is doing with light balance and iso. I also can never get the hitch hiking ghosts. I've got be doing something wrong with the manual settings.

Great update!
Haha I know! In that picture through the window it's like he's begging for someone to save him! So glad he calmed down and we were able to get some good photos of it.

I read DH your post and he will make a post to let you know his settings. Those are actually his first round HM pics, there are some even better ones later in the trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingact21 View Post
Sorry your DS's haircut started off rocky. At least in the end he calmed down and he was able to get the cut. Stickers work wonders!
We were so thankful he finally calmed down! I was so worried when we first put him down and he was obviously unhappy about it. Stickers were a lifesaver more than once on this trip!
__________________
Me DH DS (3)
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/"I Wanna See My Castle!" October 2013 TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge Adventures at 40"! May 2014 TR
khertz is offline  
Old 11-20-2012, 07:47 AM   #90
Imagineer5
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: MA
Posts: 1,761

Oh Michael was fantastic with Paxton! Sorry about his meltdown, but how did you manage to get PP pics?!?! so jealous! There was not a PP photographer in there when we were there. The photos came out super cute too!!

It looks like you guys had such a great time! Love it!
__________________
Imagineer5 is offline  
 



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:23 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: