Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-31-2012, 02:18 PM   #16
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Well, the trip must have been a good one if you're so eager to get started with the TR already!

The first day doesn't look like it was all that bad of a start once you finally got rid of the dog.
Old 11-01-2012, 06:17 AM   #17
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by leshunlenese View Post
Im here! Seems like your trip went by so fast! And paxton is getting so big! He is such a cutie!
I'm glad you are here! Yes, the trip definitely went by WAY too fast. As we were leaving, I told DH, "You know how a lot of people say 'It was fun but I'm ready to go home'? I'm NOT ready to go home!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
Well, the trip must have been a good one if you're so eager to get started with the TR already!

The first day doesn't look like it was all that bad of a start once you finally got rid of the dog.
Once we got rid of the dog, absolutely. But before then, it was definitely all that bad! I definitely skimmed over a loooooot of detail there.
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/"I Wanna See My Castle!" October 2013 TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge Adventures at 40"! May 2014 TR
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-01-2012, 08:39 AM   #18
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460

Quote:
Originally Posted by khertz View Post
I definitely skimmed over a loooooot of detail there.
And for that, we're grateful.
Old 11-01-2012, 11:02 AM   #19
khertz

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan
And for that, we're grateful.
There was actually a moment during the cleanup when I turned to DH and said "should I be a good tr writer & take a picture of this?"
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/"I Wanna See My Castle!" October 2013 TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge Adventures at 40"! May 2014 TR
Old 11-01-2012, 11:21 AM   #20
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460

Quote:
There was actually a moment during the cleanup when I turned to DH and said "should I be a good tr writer & take a picture of this?"
Yeah, but don't worry about using it in context. Just sneak it in there between a couple of food pictures and see what happens.
Old 11-01-2012, 01:41 PM   #21
ash-n-brensmom
DIS Veteran

I'm here! Hope you guys are doing well! Looks like you got off to a "ruff" start! I crack myself up! Oh and when I read this line :
Quote:
I cracked up again!

Anyways, can't wait to read all about your trip. Gonna get started on a TR myself soon...probably this weekend.

Follow our Progress For March 2015http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post50810740
Old 11-01-2012, 01:48 PM   #22
CandleontheWater
Forever in love with Hathaway Browne

Oh my gosh, what a tough start! Poor doggie, definitely not a world traveler! One of my cats pooped in its carrier when we were making the drive from Alexandria to CT, but it wasn't that bad, and fairly easy to clean up. I can only imagine what you went through!
Old 11-01-2012, 08:00 PM   #23
Dugette
DIS Veteran

Looking forward to hearing about your trip! I read your 1-year-birthday TR awhile back (after it was done) and really enjoyed it. We'll be bringing our baby (who will be about 14 months then) to WDW December 2013 and I hope she loves it as much as Paxton did at about that age.

I'll at least be lurking along on this one, but my comments might be sparse, as I rarely have both hands free to type. Plenty of time to read while feeding the baby, though, so can't wait to hear about this trip!
Aug. 20-22, 2010: ASMu ("The Last-Minute Super-Bargain Bonus Trip") | June 3-7, 2010: Pop/AKL ("Star Wars Nightastically Delicious!")
Jan. 16-25, 2010: Poly/WL/POR ("The Magic and The Misery") | Sept. 9-14, 2009: Pop Century ("The Prequel") | March 10-17, 1990: Offsite ("A Disney Walk Back in Time...on Four Paws")

Old 11-01-2012, 08:34 PM   #24
khertz

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
Yeah, but don't worry about using it in context. Just sneak it in there between a couple of food pictures and see what happens.
You have a sick mind, my friend!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash-n-brensmom View Post
I'm here! Hope you guys are doing well! Looks like you got off to a "ruff" start! I crack myself up! Oh and when I read this line :

I cracked up again!

Anyways, can't wait to read all about your trip. Gonna get started on a TR myself soon...probably this weekend.
Thanks for the laugh! I hope y'all had a great time too! I'm looking forward to your TR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandleontheWater View Post
Oh my gosh, what a tough start! Poor doggie, definitely not a world traveler! One of my cats pooped in its carrier when we were making the drive from Alexandria to CT, but it wasn't that bad, and fairly easy to clean up. I can only imagine what you went through!
I even told DH as we were driving, usually on long car trips I complain because our cat meows the whole entire way and it drives me nuts, but I told him after this experience with the dog I will NEVER complain about Callie's car temperament ever again!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dugette View Post
Looking forward to hearing about your trip! I read your 1-year-birthday TR awhile back (after it was done) and really enjoyed it. We'll be bringing our baby (who will be about 14 months then) to WDW December 2013 and I hope she loves it as much as Paxton did at about that age.

I'll at least be lurking along on this one, but my comments might be sparse, as I rarely have both hands free to type. Plenty of time to read while feeding the baby, though, so can't wait to hear about this trip!
Our trip with him at 1 was just about as close to perfect as you can get now that I look back on it from the perspective of having a two year old. I hope your DD has just as an amazing time as Paxton did too, because it sure made for an incredible trip for Mommy & Daddy as well.

No worries on the lurking, I totally understand! It is wonderful to have that little bit of reading time when they are young. I read SO MANY books while nursing Paxton and when he was really little and would only nap in my arms instead of the crib. Thank God for the Nook too so I could read everything and turn pages with one hand!!
Old 11-02-2012, 02:36 PM   #25
skier_pete
DIS Veteran

A tiny bit late to the party - but here I am! Looking forward to all your pictures. Looks like you need a faster shutter speed with DS.

SP

P.S. Reason #135 why we will never get a dog: Car vomit (Poor DD wants a dog soooo bad, too. But is ain't happenin')

1971 - 1982 Many childhood trips May 1997 - Off-site w/ DGF (now DW) October 2000 - Off-site w/ DW - 1st AK
October 14-20,2006 - First on-site (POFQ), first w/ DD3 and DMIL. September 22-29, 2007 with freinds @ POFQ! August 23-31, 2008. Just us 3...dining for free!
December 12-20, 2009 - 40th Birthday trip! Trip Report April 20-25, 2010 - Short surprise trip for DD! Trip Report
October 15-25, 2010 @ AKL Trip Report!
November 11-20, 2011 - Free dining at CBR! PTR! and Trip Report
July/August 2012 Disneyland / Australia TripPTR "I choose to Be Amused" TR
The Disney Trifecta - a PTR for 2013. LINK Trip Reports - ABD: "A Fistful of Fastpasses" WDW: "For A Few Fastpasses More" DCL: "Once Upon a Time in the Carribean"
Old 11-02-2012, 02:59 PM   #26
amazingact21
Upendi

Just discovered this TR; I'm subbing in!

Oh man, I've never had an issue with dogs and cars, but I can imagine it wasn't a pleasent experience.

Your DS is too cute with that pirate hat!
1998 DoubleTree /2003 Offsite /2003 Offsite /2004 Offsite /2004 Offsite /2010 Shades of Green/2011 All Star Sports/2011 Disney Magic/Pop/2012 ASSp/2012 ASMo/2012 Day Trip/2013 Pop/2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge

Current Reports: Why, My Little Guppy Has Groupies!- A December 2013 TR
Past Reports:December 2013 PTR/May 2012 TR/May 2012 PTR /May 2011 TR /December 2010 TR
Old 11-03-2012, 05:41 PM   #27
khertz

Quote:
Originally Posted by skier_pete View Post
A tiny bit late to the party - but here I am! Looking forward to all your pictures. Looks like you need a faster shutter speed with DS.

SP

P.S. Reason #135 why we will never get a dog: Car vomit (Poor DD wants a dog soooo bad, too. But is ain't happenin')
Better late than never!! You are probably right about the shutter speed...that little guy is FAST! Trying to get him to stay still for a picture was just one of those things you try for really hard but you know is not a legitimate possibility.

I have to say, we now know that making the two hour drive to New Orleans with Belle along is just NOT going to happen. So from now on, she'll have to be kenneled somewhere locally. We are trying to "car train" her enough that we can actually make the 10 minute drive back and forth to the vet without any accidents, but that is about all the car riding she will experience from now on!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingact21 View Post
Just discovered this TR; I'm subbing in!

Oh man, I've never had an issue with dogs and cars, but I can imagine it wasn't a pleasent experience.

Your DS is too cute with that pirate hat!
Happy to have a new follower jumping aboard!

Ummm...not a pleasant experience is a nice way of putting it.

Thanks! He LOVED that hat!
Old 11-03-2012, 06:03 PM   #28
RachelNinja
Sometimes I'd rather live in VMK than in real life!

Yay for the start of this TR! Hubby and I are far off from having kids (at least in terms of our own plans for it!), so it'll be a while before we have to take a little one to WDW. However, in the back in my mind, I always pay careful attention to TRs that have little kids because I KNOW we will not be able to wait so long before heading back to Disney after having our first baby!

Weird and Ninja Shout Out to You (Jan '15 TR in progress) // Mr. and Mrs. Weak Sauce Go the Distance (May '12 Disneymoon TR) // Delicious Indeed! (Feb '11 TR) // Saving Dole Whip Float Money (Feb '11 PTR) // Weird and Ninja’s Pre-Disneymoon (April '10 TR) // It's Better Than Stuffed Mezzaluna with Sausage! (April '10 PTR) // A DISer's Trip of Firsts! (Feb '08 TR) // The Flat Adventures of Weird and Ninja! (Living the Life Outside of VMK)

BLOG / INSTAGRAM / TWITTER - Msg me here if you want to follow
Old 11-05-2012, 08:06 AM   #29
khertz

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelNinja View Post
Yay for the start of this TR! Hubby and I are far off from having kids (at least in terms of our own plans for it!), so it'll be a while before we have to take a little one to WDW. However, in the back in my mind, I always pay careful attention to TRs that have little kids because I KNOW we will not be able to wait so long before heading back to Disney after having our first baby!
Glad to have you here, Rachel!! I think you are right, once you do have a baby the first thing you are going to want to do is take him or her to Disney World. I know we did! It's like it's in our DNA!!
Old 11-05-2012, 01:42 PM   #30
khertz

Day 1 Part 2: Downtown Disney...(Not) the Place to Go on Saturday Night

Day 1 Continued: Saturday October 20th

After deciding to nix our plans of going to a park that evening for dinner and an attraction or two due to the time, we got ourselves in the car and headed to Downtown Disney instead. Now, I know what you're probably thinking...DTD on a Saturday night? Are we crazy? But I was really hoping that because we were heading out there fairly early in DTD time that it wouldn't be that bad. HA!

The best thing about driving from Kissimmee was that on our way to DTD, we finally got to see the most amazing site for the beginning of any Disney World trip!

We made it to DTD in no time, and that's when we realized this might not be such a great idea. Our only destination in mind was Earl of Sandwich for dinner, and all of the parking lots were full except for the one furthest away near Cirque du Soleil. So much for getting in & out, I guess. We drove around and around hoping to score one spot even the tiniest bit closer, but soon we had to admit defeat and park at the Westside.

I ended up with this shot of the Marketplace entrance when we were hoping to get a closer spot, but it really just meant that it took us even longer to get back to the Westside lot since we had to maneuver around other slow moving cars and pedestrians crossing the lanes.

We didn't really have it in our minds to stop and shop anywhere since we wanted to make it somewhat of an early night. So we loaded DS up into the stroller and started walking across DTD towards Earl of Sandwich.

We passed the Phineas & Ferb & YOU attraction which looked pretty cute, and DH snapped this pic of our favorite cartoon guys.

As we made it to the Marketplace section, we also came across a German band and stopped for just a second to listen to their performance.

We made it through the hordes of people to Earl and of course, found a huge line inside once we got there. DH took DS for a walk around while I made my way through the line to order. DH got his usual Cannonballs - meatballs, mozzarella and parmesan cheese and marinara sauce. I decided to try something different this time and ordered for myself The Full Montagu - roast beef and turkey with sharp cheddar ceese and aged Swiss cheese, romaine lettuce, roma tomato and Earl's mustard sauce (but without the lettuce & tomato). I got DS the kids grilled cheese sandwich and grabbed us each a bag of kettle chips. We found a table outside and sat down to eat. DS wasn't crazy about his grilled cheese but he tore up that bag of chips! I really loved my sandwich too! I was glad I had decided to try something different than the meatball sandwich. I love hot sandwiches with gooey melted cheese all in it, so this was right up my alley, and just enough meat-to-bread ratio to make it really enjoyable.

By the time we finished eating, it was 8 pm so we decided just to head back to the car. Man, is that a long walk!! We got back and while I bathed DS, DH moved all of our luggage to our bedroom and set up his Pack & Play in the living room. He was down for bed at 8:40, so not so very late, while DH and I took showers and set out our clothes for the next day. We had a busy morning ahead so we wanted to be as prepared as possible!

Continued in next post...

Last edited by khertz; 11-05-2012 at 02:01 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: