Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-11-2012, 10:24 PM   #151
debrapagliasotti
DIS Veteran

I cant believe those people getting in line that early to see Hanson...or anyone for that matter.

20-25 min wait for Maelstrom!!?? Thank goodness you guys were able to go through FP line!
Old 12-12-2012, 08:14 AM   #152
skier_pete
DIS Veteran

So funny with your son getting all upset over things. (Well, not really "funny" at the time I'm sure, but I guess cute is more the word.) We were looking through out pictures from our DD first WDW trip the other day, and I took a picture of her lying on the ground outside Hollywood and Vine having a temper tantrum. I knew someday we would get laughs out of it. It only took 6 years.

I don't even get the logic of sitting all day for Hanson (or anyone), even if you really, really want to be in the front row. Because in this scenario of showing up at 11 AM, it really only gives you front row seats for the first show.

Couldn't you show up at say 4:30 PM, and be first in line for the SECOND show? Plus, then you would get to listen to the first show while you wait in line for the second?

Of course, maybe by being in the first row for the first show, it lets you go and get in line to be up front for the THIRD show. OR maybe if you are an local AP holder, going to the parks isn't so special.

In college they had this tradition called "hockey line" where you and 7 of your closest friends would stake out a spot for a month to get hockey season tickets for the college team. Only one person had to be in the spot at any one time, but they're had to be someone there at all times, regardless of the weather. The whole thing was a leftover from when they had these huge posts in the arena that would block sight lines, but they pulled the posts out, yet hockey line remained. The funny thing is, you could get in line the morning tickets went on sale (which is what my friends and I did) and get tickets no problem, so there was no point at all to the line. (It has since died completely, they apparently don't do it anymore.)

I assume before the end of this day we are going to see some Hanson pictures, right?

1971 - 1982 Many childhood trips May 1997 - Off-site w/ DGF (now DW) October 2000 - Off-site w/ DW - 1st AK
October 14-20,2006 - First on-site (POFQ), first w/ DD3 and DMIL. September 22-29, 2007 with freinds @ POFQ! August 23-31, 2008. Just us 3...dining for free!
December 12-20, 2009 - 40th Birthday trip! Trip Report April 20-25, 2010 - Short surprise trip for DD! Trip Report
October 15-25, 2010 @ AKL Trip Report!
November 11-20, 2011 - Free dining at CBR! PTR! and Trip Report
July/August 2012 Disneyland / Australia TripPTR "I choose to Be Amused" TR
The Disney Trifecta - a PTR for 2013. LINK Trip Reports - ABD: "A Fistful of Fastpasses" WDW: "For A Few Fastpasses More" DCL: "Once Upon a Time in the Carribean"
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-14-2012, 11:43 AM   #153
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by debrapagliasotti View Post
I cant believe those people getting in line that early to see Hanson...or anyone for that matter.

20-25 min wait for Maelstrom!!?? Thank goodness you guys were able to go through FP line!
I know!! I couldn't believe it either. I had read on the boards that for certain acts, people begin lining up really early, but I never imagined that would mean people lining up at 11 am!

It was some serious for sure. I think had we waited in the standby line, a toddler meltdown may have been in our future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skier_pete View Post
So funny with your son getting all upset over things. (Well, not really "funny" at the time I'm sure, but I guess cute is more the word.) We were looking through out pictures from our DD first WDW trip the other day, and I took a picture of her lying on the ground outside Hollywood and Vine having a temper tantrum. I knew someday we would get laughs out of it. It only took 6 years.

I don't even get the logic of sitting all day for Hanson (or anyone), even if you really, really want to be in the front row. Because in this scenario of showing up at 11 AM, it really only gives you front row seats for the first show.

Couldn't you show up at say 4:30 PM, and be first in line for the SECOND show? Plus, then you would get to listen to the first show while you wait in line for the second?

Of course, maybe by being in the first row for the first show, it lets you go and get in line to be up front for the THIRD show. OR maybe if you are an local AP holder, going to the parks isn't so special.

In college they had this tradition called "hockey line" where you and 7 of your closest friends would stake out a spot for a month to get hockey season tickets for the college team. Only one person had to be in the spot at any one time, but they're had to be someone there at all times, regardless of the weather. The whole thing was a leftover from when they had these huge posts in the arena that would block sight lines, but they pulled the posts out, yet hockey line remained. The funny thing is, you could get in line the morning tickets went on sale (which is what my friends and I did) and get tickets no problem, so there was no point at all to the line. (It has since died completely, they apparently don't do it anymore.)

I assume before the end of this day we are going to see some Hanson pictures, right?
Now looking back on things, it is kind of funny the things he was scared of. I think I will get a kick out of telling him when he was older that he was once scared of the carousel!!

Ah yes, the line situation...I'll have more info on that in the update I'm about to do, but basically, yes, you're correct.

A MONTH for hockey tickets?!?! I can't even wrap my brain around that one. Reminds me of the episode of Saved by the Bell when they spent days in line at the mall for concert tickets.

First night of Hanson, coming up!!
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/"I Wanna See My Castle!" October 2013 TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge Adventures at 40"! May 2014 TR
Old 12-14-2012, 12:58 PM   #154
khertz

Day 3 Part 6: A Journey Through Time

Day 3 Continued: Monday October 22nd

First off, I forgot to share this stitched together World Showcase panoramic that DH took in my last update!

We got up and moving from our break and left Bonnet Creek around 3:45 to head back to Epcot! As we walked through the gates, we debated jumping in line for Daisy, who was out at the entrance, but we were worried about cutting it too close for the Visa Meet & Greet at Innoventions, so we went there first. The line looked pretty long, but it seemed to be made up of a few large groups, so we decided to wait it out. Soon enough it was our turn, and we were eager to see who we would be meeting!

He seemed to really LOOOOOOVE Goofy this trip, which will be evidenced later on when we meet him another time. This time, he especially loved giving him lots of high 5's!

After our time with Goofy, we went back outside for Daisy only to find she was already gone. Boo! Since we were right there and had wanted to ride earlier, we went ahead and got on Spaceship Earth! I did my best to hold DS up for the camera in the beginning before we went into the ride, so I was eager to see how our ending would look.

DS was a little nervous in the beginning where it's really dark, but as soon as we started getting to the real scenes, he was better. But again, he was really NOT a fan of the going backwards part, and he held on super tight. But before, I get there, we did take some pictures through the ride.

Our Build Your Future segment started off funny, when DH's picture popped up.

And then it was even more unintentionally funny when what was supposed to be DS's picture came on the screen!

I guess DH is going to be spending his future with a little black boy? lol I thought at first that maybe I had not put DS in the right spot for his picture to be taken, but DH said he noticed on the screen in front of us that the same thing happened, so I guess one of the cameras was just not working right.

After a quick stop at the camera store to pick up our free 5x7 from our meet with Goofy, we decided to start heading to World Showcase. I wanted to start making my way over to the America Gardens Theater so I could hopefully catch the first Hanson show at 5:30, but I was starting to get a little nervous that it was already going to be full by the time we got there. However, I had made the decision early on that I didn't want to miss out on anything with DH and DS just to stand in line.

We saw a lot of this when DS would INSIST on walking...for about 10 seconds!

Continued in next post...
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/"I Wanna See My Castle!" October 2013 TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge Adventures at 40"! May 2014 TR
Old 12-14-2012, 01:25 PM   #155
khertz

Day 3 Part 7: Excuse Me, Are You In Line?

As we entered World Showcase, DS got very excited to see Duffy dressed as a pumpkin! So since the line was not too long, we went ahead and got in line. I think the only reason I am not totally and completely anti-Duffy is because we bought a book on the trip we took when I was pregnant about Mickey and his "Disney Bear" (Duffy but not called that) spending a day in Magic Kingdom, and we read it all the time. Although I will not be shelling out the money for the stuffed Duffy and his multitude of outfits, I don't mind meeting him in the parks!

DH's pictures:

And the Photopass versions!

By the time we finished meeting Duffy, we now had to hurry over to the American Pavilion to get in for the show. Now I was pretty nervous that we wouldn't make it into the first show and I'd have to stand in line for the second one instead. We finally made it over there and found a wait of maybe 10 or 20 people. I was immediately confused, especially when I asked the girl at the end of the line if she was in line for the 5:30 show (it was about 5:15), and she assured me it was. But then I pulled out my phone and saw a text from my mom that they were in the theater holding a seat for us! I went up to the CM at the entrance to the theater to make sure the theater was not full and that they would let us in to meet my parents and they waved us on through without a problem. DH went back to tell that lady at the end of the line, and we all quickly figured out that the girls in line were purposely waiting for the second show so they could be in the front row!

We quickly spotted Nonni & Poppi and went over to join them. We were towards the back of the theater, but the whole thing is so small that you really can't have a bad spot unless you are directly behind a tree or something. We actually were near a tree, which ended up making it easier for DS to sit on the ground and play while waiting.

He found some big leaves that were a nice source of entertainment

Now that I was sitting there, I was getting really REALLY excited about seeing them perform there! My FB status that morning was, "Today two of my favorite things collide...seeing Hanson tonight in Disney World!!!!"

Finally, it was time!

(Please know, this is only a TINY FRACTION of the pictures I took because I know most of you are not at all interested in Hanson... )

I had brought DS's headphones in case we decided to stay for IllumiNations, but they were great for the concert too!

For any Hanson fans interested, I did keep track of the set list!

Where's the Love
Mmmbop
A Minute Without You
Thinking 'Bout Something
Give a Little
Waiting for This
Penny & Me

I did have one moment before Thinking 'Bout Something that made me laugh when Taylor said we needed more cowbell!! (If you don't get this reference, check my signature! That was the title of my DLR Anniversary TR!). I had the BEST time, singing and dancing and just having a fantastic time rocking out to my favorite band with my favorite people! DH spent most of the show taking pictures and video for me, DS spent most of it playing with leaves and his Thomas trains, except for the couple of songs I picked him up and he had fun dancing with me.

In case anyone is interested, I have a video of them performing Give a Little

Continued in next post...

Last edited by khertz; 12-15-2012 at 08:20 AM.
Old 12-14-2012, 02:02 PM   #156
khertz

Day 3 Part 8: Duck, Where Are You?

After the show let out, we decided to grab some food nearby at Liberty Inn. DH, Poppi and myself had burgers, DS had the mac & cheese with yogurt and grapes and my mom got the kids grilled chicken planning to share some with DS. I think all he ended up eating was the yogurt and couple bites of mac & cheese and chicken. The whole meal, I just kept thinking about how much fun the show had been and how much I wanted to go back for the second one! My parents said that they would take DS for a little while DH and I went and then we could meet up after the show. After a little prodding, DH agreed (don't let him fool you, he actually likes some of their newer music!).

After a potty break, we split up so we could head back to the theater. Since it was close to showtime, we were again to the back, but we still had a decent view. There was a guy on one of the bench by himself and a gap before the next group, so we asked if he minded us sitting there. He struck up a conversation with me about Hanson, and I just had to laugh and shake my head as he tried to tell me "facts" (mostly incorrect) about them. Seriously, dude? You obviously have no idea who you are talking to!!

It was another great set! There did perform some of the same songs, but they changed it up too. Yes, I kept track of the second set list too!

Mmmbop
Thinking 'Bout Something
And I Waited
Thinking of You
Waiting For This
This Time Around
Lost Without Each Other (!!!!)

As you might be able to tell from the multitude of !!!!!!! I was super excited about that last song since it's probably my favorite Hanson song EVER EVER EVER, so needless to say, I was SO happy we had ended up at the second show!

I have to say, although I danced my heart out myself, I had a good time laughing at some of the girls going absolutely nuts there. One of them DH even took a picture of because he thought it was so ridiculous (especially if you have listened to Pete's rants about this on the DIS Unplugged podcast!).

Check out the girl in the middle videoing on her iPad!

But I think the one that cracked me up the most was the girl in front of me dancing and singing and when she turned to the side, I realized she was actually singing into a hairbrush!!

After the show, we met up with my parents and DS. While we were at the show, they had stopped to check out the gardens.

We decided quickly that none of us were up for staying for IllumiNations, so we started making our way out of WS. But we did end up detouring into Mexico to ride the Gran Fiesta Tour.

When we got in line, DS was freaked out about the boat! I guess Pirates really did have an effect on him. But when he realized it was all about Donald Duck, he quit whining. He spent the whole ride going, "Duck? Where are you?" It was hilarious!

A stop in Mouse Gears on the way out was mandatory! We ended up buying a plate & bowl set for DS, a Donald t-shirt for DH, and a Rapunzel shirt for me. It was the shirt I had seen in Disneyland and decided I would get it at World of Disney when were leaving on the park our last day, but then our flight got cancelled and we had to haul butt to the airport for an earlier flight, so we never ended up stopping in WoD again!

DS playing in Mouse Gears

I have this one of my parents, but no clue when they took it! lol

After making our purchases, we said goodbye to Epcot for the night and headed out to the cars and back to Bonnet Creek for the night.

UP NEXT: Where's THAT Attraction?

Last edited by khertz; 12-15-2012 at 08:20 AM.
Old 12-14-2012, 02:28 PM   #157
disneybarbie
Disney Princess

Sounded like a great day in Epcot.. and two Hanson concerts! I can remember when 'mmm bop' came out (1996?), everyone at school loved it, it's sort of strange to see them now all grown up!

Emma x
Old 12-14-2012, 02:33 PM   #158
skier_pete
DIS Veteran

Ha, what a great update. Guess those 6.5 hours you spent NOT in line were the right thing to do! Can't say I have strong feelings for Hanson either way, but certainly have had transcendent moments at a concert or to, so I'm glad to hear they played your favorite song and that you got to watch them twice.

This boy band talk makes me think that they announced Weds. that tickets for Justin Bieber at our local arena were going on sale today. Thank goodness my DD is too young or too un-hip to want to see him. $93 for prime seats. And to think in another 15 years he'll probably be playing food and wine for free. (And just to know that wasn't a shot at Justin or anyone, just a commentary on the fleeingness of pop culture fame, particularly tween/teen pop stars.)

More Off Topic: DD wrote this story in one of her journals about Justin Bieber stealing a bottle of water backstage at his concert and being sent to jail and how he was all sad to be in jail. Not sure where that came from though.

Too bad DS did not get in the video, that would've been cute. I've started trying to make the most ridiculous faces possible for the Spaceship Earth ride video. That video is 10 times funnier when your tongue is sticking out the whole time.

Lastly, that Disney M&G would've dissapointed me. The one time we did it, it was Goofy AND Minnie. I thought the cool thing about it was getting to see multiple characters. If it's just the one character, regardless of who, why's it any better than a regular M&G?

1971 - 1982 Many childhood trips May 1997 - Off-site w/ DGF (now DW) October 2000 - Off-site w/ DW - 1st AK
October 14-20,2006 - First on-site (POFQ), first w/ DD3 and DMIL. September 22-29, 2007 with freinds @ POFQ! August 23-31, 2008. Just us 3...dining for free!
December 12-20, 2009 - 40th Birthday trip! Trip Report April 20-25, 2010 - Short surprise trip for DD! Trip Report
October 15-25, 2010 @ AKL Trip Report!
November 11-20, 2011 - Free dining at CBR! PTR! and Trip Report
July/August 2012 Disneyland / Australia TripPTR "I choose to Be Amused" TR
The Disney Trifecta - a PTR for 2013. LINK Trip Reports - ABD: "A Fistful of Fastpasses" WDW: "For A Few Fastpasses More" DCL: "Once Upon a Time in the Carribean"
Old 12-14-2012, 02:59 PM   #159
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Quote:
Originally Posted by khertz View Post
First off, I forgot to share this stitched together World Showcase panoramic that DH took in my last update!
Nice Picture!

Quote:
He seemed to really LOOOOOOVE Goofy this trip, which will be evidenced later on when we meet him another time. This time, he especially loved giving him lots of high 5's!
I'm glad he enjoyed Goofy so much, but I kind of agree with Skier Pete. That would be a bit of a letdown to only have 1 character there.

Quote:
I think the only reason I am not totally and completely anti-Duffy is because we bought a book on the trip we took when I was pregnant about Mickey and his "Disney Bear" (Duffy but not called that) spending a day in Magic Kingdom, and we read it all the time. Although I will not be shelling out the money for the stuffed Duffy and his multitude of outfits, I don't mind meeting him in the parks!
I'm glad that you enjoy reading his book, but I personally refuse to even acknowlege his existance.

Quote:
But then I pulled out my phone and saw a text from my mom that they were in the theater holding a seat for us!
Right next to the 2 girls from earlier in the day...

Quote:
(Please know, this is only a TINY FRACTION of the pictures I took because I know most of you are not at all interested in Hanson... )
What would give you an idea like that?

Quote:
I had brought DS's headphones in case we decided to stay for IllumiNations, but they were great for the concert too!
I agree.

Quote:
For any Hanson fans interested, I did keep track of the set list!
Set list? There's more than 1 song????

Ok, Ok, I'm sorry. I just couldn't resist. Please don't ban me from your TR for it. Not a big Hanson fan, but I'm glad you got to enjoy their concert... not once but twice. That was really cool of your parents to get in there and hold seats for the first show, and to take Paxton so you could enjoy the second one as well.

Quote:
He struck up a conversation with me about Hanson, and I just had to laugh and shake my head as he tried to tell me "facts" (mostly incorrect) about them.
I love sitting by "experts" like that. It gives you some quality entertainment when you're waiting for the main event.

Quote:
Seriously, dude? You obviously have no idea who you are talking to!!
I hope you corrected him.

Quote:
I realized she was actually singing into a hairbrush!!
I wonder how far around the world she managed to drink before the show.

Quote:
But we did end up detouring into Mexico to ride It's a Small Mexico.
Fixed your typo.
Old 12-14-2012, 04:30 PM   #160
khertz

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneybarbie View Post
Sounded like a great day in Epcot.. and two Hanson concerts! I can remember when 'mmm bop' came out (1996?), everyone at school loved it, it's sort of strange to see them now all grown up!

Emma x
It was a fantastic day to be in Epcot, and seeing them twice was so amazing! I had only planned on one show, but I was so happy my mom convinced us to go to the second one. It was 1997 when Mmmbop came out, and I've been a fan ever since! 15 years!

Quote:
Ha, what a great update. Guess those 6.5 hours you spent NOT in line were the right thing to do! Can't say I have strong feelings for Hanson either way, but certainly have had transcendent moments at a concert or to, so I'm glad to hear they played your favorite song and that you got to watch them twice.
Absolutely!!! I didn't mind being in the back AT ALL (more room to dance ), so being able to walk right up before both shows was great! Got the best of both worlds, a great day in Epcot NOT waiting in line, and 2 amazing shows!

Quote:
This boy band talk makes me think that they announced Weds. that tickets for Justin Bieber at our local arena were going on sale today. Thank goodness my DD is too young or too un-hip to want to see him. $93 for prime seats. And to think in another 15 years he'll probably be playing food and wine for free. (And just to know that wasn't a shot at Justin or anyone, just a commentary on the fleeingness of pop culture fame, particularly tween/teen pop stars.)
I remember the height of Hanson's popularity, it was pretty much like that. They were selling out huge arenas, and there was just a frenzy around getting into their shows! I actually like it better now that they aren't popular, the venues are more intimate and fun. I have only ever seen them at the House of Blues, and there is not a bad spot in the whole place! Better than being in the top levels of an enormous arena and watching the concert on the big screens.

Quote:
More Off Topic: DD wrote this story in one of her journals about Justin Bieber stealing a bottle of water backstage at his concert and being sent to jail and how he was all sad to be in jail. Not sure where that came from though.

Quote:
Too bad DS did not get in the video, that would've been cute. I've started trying to make the most ridiculous faces possible for the Spaceship Earth ride video. That video is 10 times funnier when your tongue is sticking out the whole time.
The best part for me was I was so concentrated on trying to get DS on camera that I didn't even notice the face DH made.

Quote:
Lastly, that Disney M&G would've dissapointed me. The one time we did it, it was Goofy AND Minnie. I thought the cool thing about it was getting to see multiple characters. If it's just the one character, regardless of who, why's it any better than a regular M&G?
Yeah, I see your point. It's so much better when it's more than one character! I think this was the first time (in WDW at least) that we have only interacted with 1 character there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
Nice Picture!

Thanks!

I'm glad he enjoyed Goofy so much, but I kind of agree with Skier Pete. That would be a bit of a letdown to only have 1 character there.

Yeah, that's very true. It would have been better with more characters, because it's so much less chaotic than a regular meet, so it's great getting that one-on-one time with more than one character.

I'm glad that you enjoy reading his book, but I personally refuse to even acknowlege his existance.

I am very neutral about Duffy, although it's way too expensive to get the bear and all his accessories. Come on, Disney, really?!

Right next to the 2 girls from earlier in the day...

What would give you an idea like that?

Hmmm, I don't know...

I agree.

Set list? There's more than 1 song????

Ok, Ok, I'm sorry. I just couldn't resist. Please don't ban me from your TR for it. Not a big Hanson fan, but I'm glad you got to enjoy their concert... not once but twice. That was really cool of your parents to get in there and hold seats for the first show, and to take Paxton so you could enjoy the second one as well.

I have been a Hanson fan for 15 years, I don't think there's anything you can say that would offend me, I have heard it all!! I was really thankful they had saved the seats...I didn't even ask them to do that, they did it on their own!

I love sitting by "experts" like that. It gives you some quality entertainment when you're waiting for the main event.

It happens with Disney World to me all the time, it just made me laugh that it was happening IN Disney World but about Hanson!

I hope you corrected him.

A sample of a coversation:

Guy: I just read that Taylor the middle one just had his 4th kid.
Me: 5th.

I wonder how far around the world she managed to drink before the show.

The more burning question is why did she bring a hairbrush into the park in the first place?

Fixed your typo.

Appreciated!
Old 12-14-2012, 09:29 PM   #161
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Day 3 Continued:
[/CENTER]

.[/SIZE][/I]
Cutest Picture Ever!

I was in Epcot on the 22nd, but I actually left after nooshing around the world and spent the night at MK.

I went to the Chase Lounge at the festival center and could have gotten a bracelet for the Hanson concert, but passed on it. I guess I just feel a little too hold for them. So glad you loved the concert and that Paxton had a good evening as well.

Great updates and great concert pictures.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 12-15-2012, 08:27 AM   #162
khertz

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Cutest Picture Ever!

I was in Epcot on the 22nd, but I actually left after nooshing around the world and spent the night at MK.

I went to the Chase Lounge at the festival center and could have gotten a bracelet for the Hanson concert, but passed on it. I guess I just feel a little too hold for them. So glad you loved the concert and that Paxton had a good evening as well.

Great updates and great concert pictures.
Thank you! We both love that picture too, it's actually DH's profile picture on Facebook.

The audience was pretty funny to see as a long time Hanson fan. The front 1/3 was all the crazy fans I am used to who are only concerned with getting as close to the stage as possible. The middle 1/3 were the people like me who were there with their families but obviously still excited about seeing Hanson (we were the ones standing while our families sat near us ), and the very back 1/3 were the people who obviously didn't really know anything about Hanson but were there because it was a free concert in Epcot! They were the rows of everyone sitting and kind of just looking around and taking it in. What would the bracelet have gotten you? Early entrance into the theater without having to wait in line, like the CP package? I wish I'd have known about that!
Old 12-18-2012, 10:51 AM   #163
Imagineer5
DIS Veteran

You have me cracking up at my desk - first the comment about Bruce being the great year by year vacation photo and then seeing poor Paxtons face!! HAHA THEN Paxton not wanting to leave Club Cool - Aria has just started to make herself all limp - amazing how hard it is get her moving when she does that!!! And lastly, your GIMME MY BOOK description. HAHAHA. Hilarious What I have to look forward to!! Glad to see that besides the autograph book, he seems to be doing well with the characters, even if he's still a bit scared of the rides.

I also thought: Amazing how much more you can do when they don't take a morning nap! I think at least our March trip she will still be on this 2 nap a day schedule, though. Boo!

Hanson girls are funny, too!

And now, your photos from SE are making me laugh too. This is awesome, thanks for making my day at work better!

Anyway, glad you enjoyed your Hanson concertS so much and that Paxton was able to ride the gran fiesta tour after all. A fun day all around!
Old 12-19-2012, 04:08 PM   #164
khertz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagineer5 View Post
You have me cracking up at my desk - first the comment about Bruce being the great year by year vacation photo and then seeing poor Paxtons face!! HAHA THEN Paxton not wanting to leave Club Cool - Aria has just started to make herself all limp - amazing how hard it is get her moving when she does that!!! And lastly, your GIMME MY BOOK description. HAHAHA. Hilarious What I have to look forward to!! Glad to see that besides the autograph book, he seems to be doing well with the characters, even if he's still a bit scared of the rides.

I also thought: Amazing how much more you can do when they don't take a morning nap! I think at least our March trip she will still be on this 2 nap a day schedule, though. Boo!

Hanson girls are funny, too!

And now, your photos from SE are making me laugh too. This is awesome, thanks for making my day at work better!

Anyway, glad you enjoyed your Hanson concertS so much and that Paxton was able to ride the gran fiesta tour after all. A fun day all around!
I'm glad my updates made you laugh!! Sometimes I think it sounds funnier in my head than it does as words on a screen. I really HATE the going limp thing, and now Paxton does it ALLLLLLLL the time, especially when it's time to get in the bath. Drives me nuts!!

On the nap thing, YES! I thought it was so great before on our very first trip when he would nap twice in the stroller, but I think it's a lot better to just leave for one longer nap in the afternoon. It makes our mornings a lot more efficient, so the evenings can be more relaxed when we go back.

I'm glad our experience on Gran Fiesta Tour was miles better than last year!!
Old 12-19-2012, 06:12 PM   #165
khertz

Help Paxton Win!

Hey, everyone, I have a favor to ask you! I entered Paxton in a photo contest on the Stitcheroos Facebook page and the photo with the most comments wins a free shirt! If you are feeling so inclined, please just CLICK THIS LINK to go to the December Photo Contest album and leave a comment for Paxton! His picture is the second photo in the album & he is the only one wearing Mickey. He has some stiff competition! You can comment once per day, and voting lasts for one week. Any help to try and get our little man a free birthday shirt for next years is greatly appreciated! And if you don't use Facebook, just ignore this post.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: