Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-07-2012, 10:45 AM   #136
amazingact21
Upendi

Only 3 of the Fab 5 were at the character greet? That surprised me, because I've always heard of all 5 being there at opening. Huh....

Oh, that picture of you and your DS in Bruce's mouth. He does not look happy. At all. I'm sure you'll look back on that picture when he's older and laugh.

I've seen so many kids have a ball at that musical floor station outside of Figment. It seems so intriguing to a toddler. My DH and I commented a few months ago that I'm sure that'll be a regular spot once we take our little one. Glad your DS got a kick out of it.
1998 DoubleTree /2003 Offsite /2003 Offsite /2004 Offsite /2004 Offsite /2010 Shades of Green/2011 All Star Sports/2011 Disney Magic/Pop/2012 ASSp/2012 ASMo/2012 Day Trip/2013 Pop/2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge

Current Reports: Why, My Little Guppy Has Groupies!- A December 2013 TR
Past Reports:December 2013 PTR/May 2012 TR/May 2012 PTR /May 2011 TR /December 2010 TR
Old 12-07-2012, 07:00 PM   #137
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingact21 View Post
Only 3 of the Fab 5 were at the character greet? That surprised me, because I've always heard of all 5 being there at opening. Huh....

Oh, that picture of you and your DS in Bruce's mouth. He does not look happy. At all. I'm sure you'll look back on that picture when he's older and laugh.

I've seen so many kids have a ball at that musical floor station outside of Figment. It seems so intriguing to a toddler. My DH and I commented a few months ago that I'm sure that'll be a regular spot once we take our little one. Glad your DS got a kick out of it.
The only thing I can guess with 3 of the 5 being there is that the room they were doing the meet in is very small compared to the normal Character Spot location. There really is no way they could have fit all 5 in there with any sense of decorum! So although it was disappointing at first, it was probably for the best. It would have been a madhouse otherwise!

Hmmm...I don't know if HE will ever laugh at the pictures (although I do hope he finds the humor in it as he gets older), but WE already laugh at them now!!

He was SO confused by that floor at first until my mom and I started running around and jumping on the squares and pointing out the music to him. We have always skipped right on through that area, but I can definitely see us spending more time as we continue taking our kiddos.
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/"I Wanna See My Castle!" October 2013 TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge Adventures at 40"! May 2014 TR
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-07-2012, 10:56 PM   #138
debrapagliasotti
DIS Veteran

Great Epcot updates! I can honestly say...I have never been to Journey -- although I am pretty sure we will end up there later this month...needing something to entertain the little boys.

Seeing Paxton not at all enjoying the pic with Bruce makes me wonder how it will go for us...kids are so funny.
Old 12-08-2012, 09:22 AM   #139
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Finally caught up! Although I'm never going to remember everything to comment on!

I love your pictures of the afternoon parade at MK! I always want to see it and we just never do, because we leave MK before it starts. Someday I'll see it, even if I have to watch it by myself!

Your room at Bonnet Creek looks so nice! Can you do magic hours if you stay there?

Yay for getting to Epcot so early! Glad DS wasn't afraid of the characters, the pictures are so cute! I like the new backgrounds they have at the Character Spot, they're adorable!

Haha, that's funny the CM's seemed surprised that you were riding Figment so early! I really like Figment but that ride is kind of lame! I wish they would switch it back to the original!

NEW December 2013 TR, In Progress!

My TR's/PTR's~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 12-08-2012, 03:31 PM   #140
khertz

Quote:
Originally Posted by debrapagliasotti View Post
Great Epcot updates! I can honestly say...I have never been to Journey -- although I am pretty sure we will end up there later this month...needing something to entertain the little boys.

Seeing Paxton not at all enjoying the pic with Bruce makes me wonder how it will go for us...kids are so funny.
Journey into Imagination is really great for little ones, and bonus, it almost never has a line.

They really are so unpredictable, because he loved the pictures we took in Bruce's mouth last year! I don't know what the deal was. We stood there and waited a little while for another family to finish taking pictures and he was fine, but as soon as I put him up there he lost it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
Finally caught up! Although I'm never going to remember everything to comment on!

I love your pictures of the afternoon parade at MK! I always want to see it and we just never do, because we leave MK before it starts. Someday I'll see it, even if I have to watch it by myself!

Your room at Bonnet Creek looks so nice! Can you do magic hours if you stay there?

Yay for getting to Epcot so early! Glad DS wasn't afraid of the characters, the pictures are so cute! I like the new backgrounds they have at the Character Spot, they're adorable!

Haha, that's funny the CM's seemed surprised that you were riding Figment so early! I really like Figment but that ride is kind of lame! I wish they would switch it back to the original!
Yay!

We have never seen the afternoon parade before this trip either because the last trip with Paxton, we were already gone for him to take his nap, and on trips before that, we were riding the attractions while everyone else stopped to see the parade! So it was something new to us, and really fun for Paxton.

No magic hours at Bonnet Creek, and although I was so worried about this the first time we stayed there, it has never been a problem for us. We just pick the other non-EMH parks instead and concentrate on getting there at rope drop. In 3 trips staying there, we have never felt like we missed out by not having access to EMH. Even if we could do them, now that we have Paxton along, we would really only be taking advantage of the morning hours anyway.

Like I said, I never saw the original Imagination ride, so I don't mind this version much at all. I guess if I had seen the original and liked it, I would probably think this version was pretty lame too!
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/"I Wanna See My Castle!" October 2013 TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge Adventures at 40"! May 2014 TR
Old 12-10-2012, 11:44 AM   #141
khertz

Day 3 Part 4: Beauty & the (Little) Beast

So a quick life update before getting back to the TR! DS had minor surgery on Friday to have ear tubes put in and his adenoids removed. I'm really hoping this means the end of the very frequent ear infections/fever (had his first in March of this year, and then has had 4 since August!). A couple of days before the procedure I noticed he had yucky stuff coming from his nose on the right side and a lot of discharge from his right eye when he woke up, and sure enough, when she went to put the tubes in, that ear was full of pus again! So I definitely feel like we made the right decision getting the tubes because we were already on our way back to another ear infection with fever! The little patient recovered well over the weekend and is back to business as usual at daycare. It was a very easy procedure, and he was soooooo funny to watch after they gave him the Versed! I have definitely never seen my little guy so loopy!

Anyway, on to the update!

Day 3 Continued: Monday October 22nd

After splitting up from my parents (they were going to use their Soarin' FPs obtained earlier), we decided to head over to the character meet we had passed before to see how the line looked. It was not too bad, so we joined up at the end. DS was happy to play in the bushes while we waited!

Soon enough, it was our turn to meet those mischievous little chipmunks, Chip & Dale!

After a cute meet and greet with them, we decided to head over to World Showcase. We had an early ADR for lunch, and we wanted to try to meet Belle before going to check in at the restaurant. Along the way, DH decided he wanted to stop at Club Cool to see what all the fuss about Beverly was, so in we went. Of course, he wanted DS to try some too!

Video of DS trying Beverly

I took a taste too, and oh my goodness, that stuff is TERRIBLE!!!! We also tried the watermelon one from (I think?) China, since I have read that people usually like that one, and it was okay. I think the issue for me mostly is that I like my drinks very cold, so I don't think I'd even enjoy a small cup of regular Coke straight from the fountain without ice that much!

DS was not happy about leaving Club Cool for some reason...

But we got him back in the stroller and continued our walk to World Showcase, passing the cool cranberry bog! We liked that from last year, so it was cool to see it brought back.

We had to go the long way to get to Italy so that we could stop in France along the way to meet Belle, but we didn't mind. We were not really in a hurry! We got through Canada and UK before being stopped at the International Gateway entrance since it was not quite 11:00 am yet.

American Pavilion across the water

While we were standing at the rope, DH overheard a couple of girls talking to the CM asking him to radio over to the other entrance to WS to see how many people were over there waiting to run over to the American Pavilion and get in line for Hanson! And yes, when they finally dropped the rope at 11, those girls took off ahead of the crowd, hellbent on being first in line! DH was so amused that he took a picture of them.

I had told DH from the beginning that while yes, I did want to see Hanson perform (I was even wearing one of their tour shirts that day!), I couldn't imagine wanting to sit outside in Epcot all day waiting for a 30 minute set that wouldn't start for 6 1/2 more hours! Have I ever spent all day outside waiting for Hanson? Not gonna lie, yes I have, but it was 10 years ago when I was in high school! lol I especially did not want to miss out on time with DH and DS in the park just to wait for the show!

Anyway, we walked over to France just in time to see Belle coming out for her meet & greet. We were behind another family that was literally jogging to be one of the first ones over there. We walked at a normal pace and there was only one other family besides them ahead of us. Talk about needing to CALM DOWN!!

CMs welcoming us into France!

Such a beautiful pavilion

Here comes Belle!

Now, this was the first character meet where we realized DS and this autograph book were going to be a problem! He would happily interact with the characters until he saw them signing the book, and then he WANTED. THAT. BOOK. So most of the time, we could not get him to take a decent posed picture because he was crying and freaking out that he wanted the book! Belle was the first interaction where this happened. It didn't happen every single time, but more often than I would have liked. Belle was very patient though.

"Hey, Belle, how are ya?"

Signing the book...

"Hey, I wanted that!!"

"GIMME THAT FREAKIN' BOOK!!!!"

I did remember to tell her that we love her movie so much, we named our new puppy after her, which she seemed to enjoy. Overall, not a great first experience with a face character, but I was glad we had met her and gotten her autograph in the book!

We moved on after that and stopped in America so I could get a picture of this...

And so DH could take another picture of those girls sitting in line for Hanson already...

Continued in next post...
Old 12-10-2012, 12:19 PM   #142
khertz

Day 3 Part 5: A Delicious Lunch or Un Pranzo Delizioso

Day 3 Continued: Monday October 22nd

With still a little time to kill before our ADR, I wanted to make a quick potty stop. I couldn't find a restroom in the Italy pavilion so we went to the next one over in Germany. This turned out to be a great decision because while I ran in to use the restroom, DH didn't have to do much to keep DS busy since there was a train to check out!

He just LOVED watching that train go around and around on the track! Eventually we managed to peel him away from it to go back to Italy and have a few minutes before checking in for some pictures.

I love the buildings in this pavilion, mostly because I want to go to Italy SO BAD! In just (approximately) 21 months I will be visiting the real thing! (Not that I'm counting or anything...)

Finally it was time to head into Via Napoli to check in for our 11:30 am ADR.

I wish I could remember our server's name, because she was really great! All of the servers were, actually, and our water glasses stayed full and there was never a time we had to flag anyone down to ask them for something. We decided to stick with what we had enjoyed so much last year, so DH ordered the pepperoni and I ordered the 4 cheese white pizza. We didn't order anything special for DS because we figured he could eat off of our pizzas since we couldn't finish them last time!

While we waited, we took out that darn book to let DS look at it because he was still upset over us not giving it to him earlier. lol

DH playing with the settings

Since we were there pretty early, it didn't take long at all to get our food. We each cut up a slice of our pizza for DS and he loved it! This kid is CRAZY about pizza now!

Our food!

What an absolutely delicious lunch! I had really hoped I could restrain myself and maybe try dessert, but I just kept eating my pizza. lol Even with sharing some with DS, I still had a piece left over to take home with me!

After lunch, we decided we had time for one more thing before we needed to leave for our break, so we stopped in Norway to ride Maelstrom.

The standby line was listed at about 20 or 25 minutes, but something really amazing happened when we walked up...The CM gave us one of the red cards to time the wait and directed us through the FP line even though we didn't have FPs! Cut our wait from a possible 20-25 (which it looked like would be accurate) to less than 5 minutes!

DS was not a huge fan, and it probably didn't help that he was getting tired. But we made it through and ran past the theater so we didn't get stuck watching the film and decided it was time to head out of the park.

We had to trade off carrying him to the front of the park and out to the car because he was falling asleep in the stroller. We made it back to Bonnet creek in no time and put him down for a nap in the second bedroom. He was out almost immediately. Our break was a typical boring break. I did make a run to Wal-Mart for a couple things we had forgotten at Publix, and took a short nap on the couch myself when I got back.

I had a few pics to share of my parents adventures after we left them. They rode Soarin' first, then apparently rode Living with the Land and stopped for some Photopass photographers.

I'm not sure what all they did during our break, but they stayed around World Showcase and had a CS lunch somewhere (I either forgot to ask or just didn't put it in my notes!).

UP NEXT: It's Hanson Time!
Old 12-10-2012, 01:44 PM   #143
MEK
DIS Veteran

I can see a few of your pics and they are so cute. I didn't watch the video because I know it won't load here - so I'll be back. Can't imagine why Paxton didn't want to leave Club Cool. I mean, come one, sugary soda. Yum!

I haven't pulled the Beverly trick on anyone in a while. I need a new victim.

I loved my lunch at Via. I thought the pizza was great. So good I'd like to head back there this summer!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 12-10-2012, 01:50 PM   #144
CandleontheWater
Forever in love with Hathaway Browne

I can't believe those girls were going to sit outside in the heat for hours to wait for Hanson! That is serious dedication. We saw people doing that one year for Boys II Men also. Bands like Starship don't seem to get the same level of love.

You guys had a great morning in Epcot! Paxton took some great pics with the characters! I'm sorry that the whole autograph book was causing some issues, but he still seemed like he was enjoying himself.

That 4-cheese white pizza is right up my alley! I'll have to remember it when we (eventually) make it to Via Napoli!
Old 12-10-2012, 02:50 PM   #145
khertz

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I can see a few of your pics and they are so cute. I didn't watch the video because I know it won't load here - so I'll be back. Can't imagine why Paxton didn't want to leave Club Cool. I mean, come one, sugary soda. Yum!

I haven't pulled the Beverly trick on anyone in a while. I need a new victim.

I loved my lunch at Via. I thought the pizza was great. So good I'd like to head back there this summer!
Actually, I think what did it was he had so much fun going up the steps while I was pushing the stroller up the wheelchair ramp and racing each other to the top. We had that same meltdown more than once...that boy loves steps!

I have loved both meals we've had at VN. It's now a must do for me when in Epcot!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandleontheWater View Post
I can't believe those girls were going to sit outside in the heat for hours to wait for Hanson! That is serious dedication. We saw people doing that one year for Boys II Men also. Bands like Starship don't seem to get the same level of love.

You guys had a great morning in Epcot! Paxton took some great pics with the characters! I'm sorry that the whole autograph book was causing some issues, but he still seemed like he was enjoying himself.

That 4-cheese white pizza is right up my alley! I'll have to remember it when we (eventually) make it to Via Napoli!
We could not believe it either! I have seen girls camp out overnight at the House of Blues for Hanson many years ago, but I really wouldn't have expected it smack in the middle of Disney World. I hope they were all AP holders because I can't imagine paying park admission to sit out in line all day for a FREE concert!! I knew from reading the boards that people lined up early for Hanson, but I was pretty surprised at just how early!

He always loved meeting the characters, but getting pictures was hit or miss. Looking through some of our character pics, it was so frustrating for some because he was absolutely loving it at the moment he met them, but when it was time for pictures he wouldn't smile!

Ooohh, writing about that pizza (at lunchtime no less) was a killer! It's sooooo delicious, I can almost taste it now! I can't wait to eat there again next trip!!!
Old 12-10-2012, 06:31 PM   #146
DaveinFallsChurch
DIS Veteran

That sequence of pics with DS and Belle was pretty cute! Ahhh, the priorities of a toddler- reminded me of our DS last year whenever we would go shopping at Target or the grocery store, he would get so upset when we had to take something that he picked out to hand over to the cashier to get it scanned.

All We Want Is To Spend Halloween with Mickey! October 2014PTR
Don't Fear the Rain, We have the Ducky of Death! - Jan '14 Trip Report
Discovering A Whole New World of Disney - An October Photo Safari 2013: Trip Report /PTR
A Winter Escape to the Enchanted Forest - January 2013 Trip Report/PTR
A Solo Trip to Disneyland 28 years in the Making! A Trip Report for October 16 and 17th, 2012
Our First Magical Poly Vacation! April 14-21, 2012 - Trip Report/ Live Report/ PTR

Old 12-11-2012, 10:20 AM   #147
khertz

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinFallsChurch View Post
That sequence of pics with DS and Belle was pretty cute! Ahhh, the priorities of a toddler- reminded me of our DS last year whenever we would go shopping at Target or the grocery store, he would get so upset when we had to take something that he picked out to hand over to the cashier to get it scanned.
Oh yes, Paxton does that too! Happened just last week, actually, when we were picking up some cute little Disney cups from Wal Mart that he was holding while we were shopping! And he once had an epic meltdown over a toy duck I was buying for a friend's little boy for his birthday. There we are in the checkout as Paxton is wailing, "DUUUUUUUUCK!!!!"
Old 12-11-2012, 10:21 AM   #148
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Quote:
Originally Posted by khertz View Post
As we were driving over to the parks, my dad told me that my mom had been very adamant with him about getting up and out of the room by a certain time (my mom is notoriously late for everything!) because if not, I wouldn't wait around for them and they would have to pay a "$14 fine" for being late because they would have to pay for parking! Whatever the threat was, it worked, because they were ALWAYS ready on time!
That is awesome! Whatever it takes to get them moving.

Quote:
Since Bonnet Creek is SO close to Epcot, we were there in no time and parked in the very first row of the parking lot.
I'm sure I've driven by Bonnet Creek several times and just never paid attention to it before, but having become familiar with it from your TRs, I did notice it this time. Not a bad location at all.

Quote:
I was disappointed to see not all of the Fab 5 there, but we were still getting to meet Mickey, Minnie, and Pluto.
Last week, Daisy and Donald were out at the front of the park to the right hand side as you enter from the turnstyles. We never went to the Character Spot though. I saw a sign in one place that said it was closed, and then another sign by Club Cool that said Character Spot and had an arrow pointing to a side entrance, but we never really explored it.

Quote:
He was still a little hesitant at first this time, but no tears! Yay!

Quote:
As we passed through the gift shop, I spotted all of the shirts with the seagulls proclaiming Mine! Mine! Mine! Oh how I wish they had had it in a toddler size (and not a onesie) because I so would have gotten one for DS. This is now his mantra.
Sounds like our toddler.

Quote:
I know it is not a popular opinion, but I actually really like Journey Into Imagination.
I do too, but it is more from nostalgia. I loved Figment when I was little so I always have to go back and see him. I definitely miss the original ride though. I really want Dreamfinder to come back!

Quote:
So a quick life update before getting back to the TR! DS had minor surgery on Friday to have ear tubes put in and his adenoids removed.
I'm sure it will be well worth it. Anything to keep from having all the ear infections and fevers.

Quote:
I took a taste too, and oh my goodness, that stuff is TERRIBLE!!!!

It's not that bad. My favorite is the orange flavored stuff from Germany.

Quote:
I had told DH from the beginning that while yes, I did want to see Hanson perform (I was even wearing one of their tour shirts that day!), I couldn't imagine wanting to sit outside in Epcot all day waiting for a 30 minute set that wouldn't start for 6 1/2 more hours! Have I ever spent all day outside waiting for Hanson? Not gonna lie, yes I have, but it was 10 years ago when I was in high school! lol I especially did not want to miss out on time with DH and DS in the park just to wait for the show!
Ok, that made me laugh... I thought it was funny with the whole set up about making fun of the girls waiting all day to see Hanson and then admitting you've done it.

Quote:
Anyway, we walked over to France just in time to see Belle coming out for her meet & greet. We were behind another family that was literally jogging to be one of the first ones over there. We walked at a normal pace and there was only one other family besides them ahead of us. Talk about needing to CALM DOWN!!
Maybe they thought they were headed to Toy Story Mania.

Quote:
I love the buildings in this pavilion, mostly because I want to go to Italy SO BAD! In just (approximately) 21 months I will be visiting the real thing! (Not that I'm counting or anything...)

And I'm jealous...

Quote:
I wish I could remember our server's name, because she was really great! All of the servers were, actually, and our water glasses stayed full and there was never a time we had to flag anyone down to ask them for something. We decided to stick with what we had enjoyed so much last year, so DH ordered the pepperoni and I ordered the 4 cheese white pizza. We didn't order anything special for DS because we figured he could eat off of our pizzas since we couldn't finish them last time!
I love that place... I can still taste the pizza I had last Thursday.
Old 12-11-2012, 12:35 PM   #149
amazingact21
Upendi

I had to laugh at the girls running to be first in line at the Hanson concert. Reminded me so much of being a preteen/teen and having those bands I LOVED.

The pictures with Belle pre-autograph book incident are really cute. I'm glad your DS enjoys character interactions and wasn't freaked out by the costumes. That's always a good thing.

Via Napoli is amazing, those pizzas are like an Italian lover's dream. To this day, I crave that 4 cheese white pizza!
1998 DoubleTree /2003 Offsite /2003 Offsite /2004 Offsite /2004 Offsite /2010 Shades of Green/2011 All Star Sports/2011 Disney Magic/Pop/2012 ASSp/2012 ASMo/2012 Day Trip/2013 Pop/2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge

Current Reports: Why, My Little Guppy Has Groupies!- A December 2013 TR
Past Reports:December 2013 PTR/May 2012 TR/May 2012 PTR /May 2011 TR /December 2010 TR
Old 12-11-2012, 04:24 PM   #150
khertz

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
That is awesome! Whatever it takes to get them moving.

Apparently, when threatened with having to pay $14/day in parking, my parents can be motivated to leave on time!!

I'm sure I've driven by Bonnet Creek several times and just never paid attention to it before, but having become familiar with it from your TRs, I did notice it this time. Not a bad location at all.

It is really great for being "offsite." It is especially convenient and close to MK and Epcot. The furthest away is AK, and that isn't even that far of a drive either.

Last week, Daisy and Donald were out at the front of the park to the right hand side as you enter from the turnstyles. We never went to the Character Spot though. I saw a sign in one place that said it was closed, and then another sign by Club Cool that said Character Spot and had an arrow pointing to a side entrance, but we never really explored it.

We never did see Donald out and about in his regular outfit! It would have been great to see him and Daisy meeting together there. The entrance to the temporary area was near Club Cool, yes. Not sure what they are doing with the regular area.

Sounds like our toddler.

I do too, but it is more from nostalgia. I loved Figment when I was little so I always have to go back and see him. I definitely miss the original ride though. I really want Dreamfinder to come back!

I wish I had seen that version, everyone seems to love it!

I'm sure it will be well worth it. Anything to keep from having all the ear infections and fevers.

I really hope so! It was getting really out of control...he was miserable all the time it seemed like. And he usually didn't tell us that his ears were bothering him until they were really infected!

It's not that bad. My favorite is the orange flavored stuff from Germany.

Blech! I don't think it was as bad as I had imagined, but it was definitely NASTY! I didn't try the orange one, maybe next time I'll try that one. One at a time every trip until I eventually try them all.

Ok, that made me laugh... I thought it was funny with the whole set up about making fun of the girls waiting all day to see Hanson and then admitting you've done it.

Of course I did...when I was 15!!! And I wasn't paying anything to sit out on the sidewalk either. I can't imagine paying to get into the parks just to sit there all day!

Maybe they thought they were headed to Toy Story Mania.

I guess I needed to politely inform them they were in the wrong park!

And I'm jealous...

I love that place... I can still taste the pizza I had last Thursday.

Oh man, so can I, and it was almost 2 months ago now!! I wish I could bring dozens of them home with me...It is seriously the most delicious pizza I've ever had, and it is a really good option for TS since we always pay OOP for those meals. It is really inexpensive for being in Epcot especially!
Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingact21 View Post
I had to laugh at the girls running to be first in line at the Hanson concert. Reminded me so much of being a preteen/teen and having those bands I LOVED.

The pictures with Belle pre-autograph book incident are really cute. I'm glad your DS enjoys character interactions and wasn't freaked out by the costumes. That's always a good thing.

Via Napoli is amazing, those pizzas are like an Italian lover's dream. To this day, I crave that 4 cheese white pizza!
Oh yeah, I remember those days! I was so bummed the year Hanson came to New Orleans on the first day of freshman year, and my mom was so mean and wouldn't let me skip school to sit outside all day so I could be right at the front! At least, that's what I thought at the time. As an adult, I can now see how sitting outside the House of Blues all day instead of going to school is not a good choice.

I was glad we at least got a few cute shots before he flipped out over that book! He was not afraid of any of the characters, and a few of them were pretty surprising since I thought a kid his age might be a little freaked out by some of them!

Ohhh, that 4 cheese....SO DELICIOUS!!!! One of my all time favorite Disney foods.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: