Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-30-2012, 10:45 AM   #1
candfandm
Mouseketeer

Will overpayment due be applied to onboard credit

I received an email from DCL with my reservation stating that there is a refund due of about $20.00. Will they just apply that to my onboard credit or would I need to contact them to advise what to do with it?
candfandm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 10:51 AM   #2
kcashner
DIS Veteran

Normally refunds are given in the same manner they were paid; this is usually a refund to your credit card. If you paid using a gift card, it will be refunded to that card. If paid by check, you'll get a check from DCL.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-30-2012, 12:16 PM   #3
CHD New York
CHD

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcashner
Normally refunds are given in the same manner they were paid; this is usually a refund to your credit card. If you paid using a gift card, it will be refunded to that card. If paid by check, you'll get a check from DCL.
There's one exception to this rule if you no longer have the credit card use and don't have access to the account anymore, Disney Cruise will turn your refund into a shipboard credit if you request it, however the credit card must be in the name of a traveling guest
CHD New York is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 03:40 PM   #4
Andianna
Mouseketeer

We received a refund and it was credited to the credit card I used to pay for my cruise.
Old 10-30-2012, 05:29 PM   #6
lbgraves
Little Cinderella's Mommy
The bad news is...they are driving me nuts!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHD New York View Post
There's one exception to this rule if you no longer have the credit card use and don't have access to the account anymore, Disney Cruise will turn your refund into a shipboard credit if you request it, however the credit card must be in the name of a traveling guest
Actually, I received a refund to a closed CC account from DCL twice because it was the card I had used to make the deposit on the original dummy reservation. It was annoying to have to call the company and make them issue me a check. Thankfully we have completed all of those reservations now.

Magic: E 11/15/2003, W 12/4/2004, E 12/10/2005, W 12/9/2006, EBPC 8/2008, W 1/8/2011
Wonder: 3N 1/11/2010, Alaska 7/26/11
Fantasy: MV 3/31/2012, E 3/23/2013

DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #3 August - December
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #2 April - August

Past Opening Day Pricing Threads
lbgraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 04:32 AM   #7
CHD New York
CHD

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbgraves

Actually, I received a refund to a closed CC account from DCL twice because it was the card I had used to make the deposit on the original dummy reservation. It was annoying to have to call the company and make them issue me a check. Thankfully we have completed all of those reservations now.
That's good but in my case I had paid for my cruise more then a year and a half early and no longer had my credit card that was used and the bank said any refunds or credits after 90 days will be denied back to the account which would've made my $70 lost somewhere in space until disney could track down the refund so I decided to just take the $70 in a shipboard credit then waiting months
CHD New York is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: