Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-30-2012, 09:55 AM   #1
wdwlovin'family
Mouseketeer

? Regarding Disney gift cards

Our cruise/wdw vacation is directly after Christmas. We have a lot of very kind family members that have said that they would like to give us and the kids disney gift cards for their Christmas present. I am assuming to use them on board, we would have to add them to our on-board account. I am just wondering, what if we don't use it all? Does it get credited back to the wdw gift card? I am asking this because I know the kids will want to spend some at wdw and some on the cruise, and we are doing wdw both before and after the cruise. I am trying to figure how to balance it all out. Can I just add one card at a time during the cruise? I guess if worse comes to worse, I can just reload the cards with whatever should be on it after the cruise.

The overplanner/worrier in me is coming out.
Old 10-30-2012, 10:28 AM   #2
RemysMom
Earning My Ears

Added back to card

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwlovin'family View Post
Our cruise/wdw vacation is directly after Christmas. We have a lot of very kind family members that have said that they would like to give us and the kids disney gift cards for their Christmas present. I am assuming to use them on board, we would have to add them to our on-board account. I am just wondering, what if we don't use it all? Does it get credited back to the wdw gift card? I am asking this because I know the kids will want to spend some at wdw and some on the cruise, and we are doing wdw both before and after the cruise. I am trying to figure how to balance it all out. Can I just add one card at a time during the cruise? I guess if worse comes to worse, I can just reload the cards with whatever should be on it after the cruise.

The overplanner/worrier in me is coming out.
We add gift cards ahead of time also by calling Disney Cruise. Any unused balance will be added back to the card. So make sure you keep the cards. You can always add more if needed.
RemysMom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-30-2012, 10:35 AM   #3
erionm
DIS Veteran

You can also add the Gift Cards to your shipboard account by going to Guest Relations after you board.
Old 10-30-2012, 10:41 AM   #4
MTmomma
DIS Veteran

OR you could allow your kids the ability to charge, and keep really close track on them, and shut off their KTTW charging ability once they reach their limit, then apply their gift card to the onboard account at guest services..... this way, you are having to keep track of significantly less than you would be tracking otherwise, as it will show what was charged to each persons key, making it pretty darned easy to see who did what
Old 10-30-2012, 11:00 AM   #5
kcashner
DIS Veteran

BE sure that they are Disney gift cards, not Disney STORE gift cards--they are two different animals and the store cards can only be used at a Disney Store.

You can add cards to your onboard account in advance or at GS on the ship. You can add them all at once or one at a time although one at a time sounds like a pain.

Any refunds will be posted to the card that is due the refund, so keep all the cards!
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 11:37 AM   #6
jeniamt
DIS Veteran

Can you specify a limit on the KTTW card? My kids are getting gift cards as well for Christmas and I know I can add them to our onboard credit but I would like specify a limit on each kid's card. That way I don't have to monitor the card and they would just be cut off by DCL when they've reached their limit. Does that make sense?

jeniamt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 12:08 PM   #7
MTmomma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeniamt View Post
Can you specify a limit on the KTTW card? My kids are getting gift cards as well for Christmas and I know I can add them to our onboard credit but I would like specify a limit on each kid's card. That way I don't have to monitor the card and they would just be cut off by DCL when they've reached their limit. Does that make sense?
It would be a great option, but unfortunately charging is either on, or off with DCL.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: