Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-12-2012, 08:08 AM   #1
christinascreative
Mouseketeer

Runners: What's on your playlist?

What do you listen to while you run? Music? Podcasts? Audiobooks?

If it's music- what songs are you grooving to lately on your runs that get you through?
If it's podcasts- what one(s) do you love?
If it's books- share some suggestions
christinascreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 08:05 PM   #2
Threeh
Earning My Ears

I started with music.. Mostly hip hop fast stuff. I started listening to Disney podcasts now while I run. I really enjoy it. I also listen to books, I restarted Harry Potter, I use him on my long runs!!! Happy running!!! :0)

In raising my 3 children I have lost my mind but found my soul

Threeh is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-17-2012, 08:18 PM   #3
Mom2aJessieGirl
DIS Veteran

I've got a little bit of everything from Jimmy Buffet to Metallica. My absolute favorite though? The Clueless Soundtrack.
WDW (Dolphin/FW) February 2014; WDW (POP) March 2013 (F&G);WDW (ASsp) January 2013;WDW (POFQ/FW) May 2012 (SWW); WDW (FW) February 2012; WDW (POFQ) November-December 2011 (MVMCP); WDW (POFQ/FW) February 2011; DLR (GCH) August 2010; WDW (WL) Spring 2002; WDW (WL) August 1997; WDW (WL) July 1994; DLR (DLH) Mid 90's; WDW July-August 1991; WDW March 1989; And a couple more for good measure!
Mom2aJessieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 01:36 PM   #4
shinysparklybubbles
DIS Veteran

I was just coming on here to post looking for Disney music that's good for running!
Old 09-18-2012, 04:11 PM   #5
HootDad
Makes magical trips each year
I am now hooked. I want to do as many races as I can

Podcasts. Seriously. Some political (e.g. Rachel Maddow) and LOTS of Disney. DIS ('natch), WDW Fanboys, WDW Today. I find when I listen to talk the time goes faster.

John T - HootDad - http://www.thompsonfamilyweb.com - Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Follow me on Twitter! https://twitter.com/hootdad
I was on the podcast! Part 1: http://www.disunplugged.com/2013/07/...sneyland-show/
Part 2: http://www.disunplugged.com/2013/08/...sneyland-show/
Part 3: http://www.disunplugged.com/2013/08/...sneyland-show/

v9ve.png[/img][/url]
HootDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 05:20 PM   #6
erinna
Mouseketeer

Zombies, Run! Great fun ...although I'm almost out of episodes :-(
Old 09-18-2012, 06:23 PM   #7
DonaldDuckFamily
Mouseketeer

Adele, Justin Bieber and Big Time Rush have been helping me get through my runs.
Offsite Feb 2004;AS Music April 2007;Coronado Springs March 2008;Port Orleans Riverside April 2009;POR February/March 2010;POR March/April 2011 ;Boardwalk Villas November 2011 (10th Anniversary celebration with DH );BWI March/April 2012; Beach Club March 2013; Christmas/NYE 2013 Polynesian/Boardwalk Inn; February 2014 Princess Half POP; Beach Club Aug 17-30 2014
DH Me DS 15 DD 10 : DS 8
DonaldDuckFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 06:37 PM   #8
RunnerMomO
DIS Veteran

80's tunes...Aerosmith, Madonna, MC Hammer, Michael Jackson, a little Hairspray the Musical...very upbeat!
RunnerMomO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 09:06 PM   #9
Jaina
Actually, my name is Sara. It's a long story...

I jog pretty slowly (we're talking 3.9 - 4.3 mph: short legs, still working on being in shape) but if I have the right music I can go for a lot longer than I would be able to otherwise! I have my music arranged by bpm (beats per minute) in itunes, and make playlists based on that. Some of my current favorites that I do most of my jogging to are some songs from "That Thing You Do!," a few from a Disney Dance Mix I bought at WDW in 1998, and other random country and pop that are the right bpm. I have a different playlist for walking tempos.

Disneyland fanatic,(that would be me) wonderful DH, DS (6) and DD1 (5) and DD2 (2.5)!
Disney Trips:
5/86-3 years old-the first one!, 5/89, 5/91, 5/93, 6/95, 5/97, 7/98 (WDW! FBLA Nationals-WDW Dolphin), 5/99, 3/00-Senior Trip, 6/01-first time to DCA too, 7/03, 3/05(double family trip when we were engaged), 12/05 (with girlfriends), 3/06 with DH (8 wks pregnant...), 6/09 with DH, 2/13: 1st trip with our kids! (Trip report, including Pre-trip)) Quick one-day DL only trip with my 9 month-old and friends - 9/11/14!!
Jaina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 02:27 AM   #10
Carstairs38
Earning My Ears

I mostly listen to Christian music, so I put a random mix of that on my MP3 player. But I've got some Disney as well as other soundtracks that get mixed in as well. You never quite know what you'll get when you listen to my music on shuffle.
Old 09-19-2012, 09:24 AM   #11
shinysparklybubbles
DIS Veteran

I just added Dig a little Deeper from Princess and the Frog.
Old 09-19-2012, 09:52 AM   #12
christinascreative
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2aJessieGirl View Post
I've got a little bit of everything from Jimmy Buffet to Metallica. My absolute favorite though? The Clueless Soundtrack.
Hmm. I might try that Clueless Soundtrack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldDuckFamily View Post
Adele, Justin Bieber and Big Time Rush have been helping me get through my runs.
Adele definitely helps me through my runs. She's got such a good beat to a lot of her songs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunnerMomO View Post
80's tunes...Aerosmith, Madonna, MC Hammer, Michael Jackson, a little Hairspray the Musical...very upbeat!
I try upbeat too. I do 90's one hit (or 2 hit) wonders a lot, but I've got some 80's thrown in too. I might need to add MC Hammer, which then makes me think that I need Ice Ice Baby by Vanilla Ice. I've got Bell Biv DeVoe's Poison on there right now helping me through.

If people heard my playlist- they'd think I had the craziest taste in music.
Everything from Green Day, White Stripes, to Katrina & the Waves, the Go Go's, OK GO, *NSYNC, Britney Spears, and then 90's hip hop / rap- Notorious BIG, Mary J Blige, Missy Elliott, and more. I like to put it on shuffle- it's the most random music ever.

Keep the song / artist recommendations coming. I love to keep adding new songs.

[/img]
christinascreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 09:49 AM   #13
OhioStateBuckeye
DIS Veteran

I might have somewhat different tastes. I like to listen to movie soundtracks, like the orchestra music, not the music with words. Transformers, Pirates of the Caribbean, Tron, anything that is dramatic. Then I kind of make up a little story about why I am running. It works pretty well for me.
OhioStateBuckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 10:51 AM   #14
Kat73
Mouseketeer

My "Running" playlist is completely random. Kesha, Usher, One Direction, Eminem, Carly Simon Stevie Nicks and a million other things, with a lot of songs with the word "run" or "Running" In them just because I'm a dork and that makes me smile. I have a huge disney playlist but I like that better for when I come home after

Every once in a while I ditch the running playlist, yesterday I ran to David Crowder Band and had my longest run/fastest time

Also I don't time my music to anything it's completely hodgepodge.

I'd love some good book rec's.... unless the narrator voice is really awesome i don't do well with audio books of things I've read already, lose interest, so I haven't found anything that moves me to listen to while I run yet.

Pre-Thanksgiving 1989 Sept 11 2001 POFQ May 2002 CBR May 2003 Poly May 2004 Pop & CR Dec. 2005 POFQ & Poly First Solo trip-Feb. 2009 Girl's Trip Sept 2009 SSR F&W Oct. 2010 Pop F&W Half Marathon Nov. 2013
Kat73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 07:25 AM   #15
Mom2aJessieGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat73 View Post
My "Running" playlist is completely random. Kesha, Usher, One Direction, Eminem, Carly Simon Stevie Nicks and a million other things, with a lot of songs with the word "run" or "Running" In them just because I'm a dork and that makes me smile. I have a huge disney playlist but I like that better for when I come home after

Every once in a while I ditch the running playlist, yesterday I ran to David Crowder Band and had my longest run/fastest time

Also I don't time my music to anything it's completely hodgepodge.

I'd love some good book rec's.... unless the narrator voice is really awesome i don't do well with audio books of things I've read already, lose interest, so I haven't found anything that moves me to listen to while I run yet.

Well... I LOVED the Game of Thrones series (A Song of Ice and Fire is the series name). I got them off of audible.com. The narrator if fabulous. It feels like you are sitting around a campfire listening to stories! It's read by Roy Dotrice and he's just awesome. (Except book 4...it was originally read by someone else but he went back to re-record it due to fan demand!) He does the voices and that makes it so much more interesting!
WDW (Dolphin/FW) February 2014; WDW (POP) March 2013 (F&G);WDW (ASsp) January 2013;WDW (POFQ/FW) May 2012 (SWW); WDW (FW) February 2012; WDW (POFQ) November-December 2011 (MVMCP); WDW (POFQ/FW) February 2011; DLR (GCH) August 2010; WDW (WL) Spring 2002; WDW (WL) August 1997; WDW (WL) July 1994; DLR (DLH) Mid 90's; WDW July-August 1991; WDW March 1989; And a couple more for good measure!
Mom2aJessieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: