Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-30-2012, 10:51 PM   #16
TheRustyScupper
GKTW coordinator. Kiwanis and SCORE Volunteer. Make-A-Wish board. Average Banjo Picker. Pretty good sailing captain.

Our Ratings of Brown Derby: (7/2/2012)
. . . food price value: C
. . . food quality: C
. . . food quantity per serving: C
. . . food prep speed: B
. . . food selection: C
. . . seating quantity: C
. . . seating comfort: C
. . . eatery atmosphere: B
. . . eatery convenience: B
. . . staff friendliness: C
. . . staff attentiveness: C
. . . character interaction: n/a

NOTE: Although declared a Disney "signature" restaurant, Brown Derby
does not measure up to the classification. Although a relaxing atmosphere,
the food quality is below average. But, this is a Disney-owned eatery, and
not a true Brown Derby.

(The Brown Debry made a licensing agreement with Disney. Only one original
Brown Derby remains. In six states, there are "Brown Derby Roadhouses"
which were opened by Girves. They are no longer connected with Brown Derby
or Disney's Brown Derby.)
TheRustyScupper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 11:19 PM   #17
Bellamouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micca View Post
Just dined there for lunch first time last month. We LOVED it. DW and (adult) DD are strict carnivores and enjoyed the filet, I had the Cobb salad which was terrific. I also had a spring roll appetizer that was delicious.
I wanted to try the grapefruit cake but was too full and couldn't convince anyone to share with me. Also had service that was so good we called the manager out to thank him. We've been going to WDW since the 70s and had never eaten here. I'm certain we'll be back
I just wanted to add that my DH had that crab spring roll appetizer and he LOVED that. He couldn't stop talking about it. So the our experience was definitely not a "bust" but we just didn't love the entrees. I suppose we should have just done "safe" and ordered steaks..... I had the bison (meh), DH ordered the grouper (also meh), someone else ordered the duck - they thought it was so bad they couldn't eat it - the waiter insisted on bringing out another entree! (she chose the steak instead and said it was good) and the last person ordered the pork chop and said it was good. But for the price, three "meh" entrees just didn't inspire us to want to go back. And I didn't really see anything on the menu that struck me as "must have". It took me forever to decide on an entree and that never happens. But the appetizers and desserts were great!
Bellamouse is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-31-2012, 10:52 AM   #18
Donna in NJ
Mouseketeer

We have ate at almost all the 2TS restaurants and The Brown Derby is our least favorite. There were outstanding parts to the meal but not up to the food standers of other signature restaurants. The best part of eating there is the decor and high level of service. We ate there in July 2011 and the Cobb salad was diced in such small bits it was total mush. Both the pork and duck were very dry. We did love the deserts.
We decided to give it one more try last month thinking all restaurants have an off day. This time we loved the crab spring roll & andouille prawn appetizers. We did not like either entree. The bison was tough and the potato croquettes that came with it were dense and dry. The grouper was way over cooked and the mild fish was over powered by the goat cheese and balsamic. The deserts were again the best part of the meal. The Banana White Chocolate Toffee Tower & Citrus Honey Nest were both amazing.
Donna in NJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 09:35 PM   #19
hpfan100
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdub322 View Post
I am really looking forward to trying HBD on our next trip, so I appreciate the OP asking the question! DH and I are looking forward to some yummy vegetarian meals (we eat about 85% veg at home) and their Coconut Crusted Tofu Noodle Bowl looks and sounds awesome! I am very excited to try HBD and might even look into the Fantasmic Package now that I'm reading so much about it!
had this in july and it was yummy!!!! I had the bibb lettuce salad and grapefruit...all great. After Jiko and Wave probably my favorite meal of my trip. Great service, location, decor and food was yummy!

~~Amy~~ Lexi Baby
~~Jeff~~ Mickey
WDW/WWoHP June 2010 WDW POP Sept. 2010 DL Oct. 2010 WWoHP July 2011 DLR 24hours Leap Day 2012 WWOHP and WDW Platinum Trip July 2012 DLR annual passholder Sept. 2013-2014, April 2014-2015 WDW and WWoHP May 2013 WDW anniversary March 2014 WWOHP DA July 2014 DLR/WDW Wedding/Disneymoon Oct. 2014

Long Term Goal is to stay at all Disney Hotels...so far I've been to.....
All Star Movies-1, All Star Music-1, Pop-1, Coronado Springs-1, Animal Kingdom Lodge -2, Disneyland Hotel-1, Paradise Pier-3
hpfan100 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: