Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-29-2012, 07:07 PM   #1
princesskimberella
Mouseketeer

Crystal Palace or 1900 PF - BReakfast

These are our options .. but not sure about the times

CP at 9:30 am or 1900 PF at 11:15

I also have a CP booked for lunchtime for our first day at MK so this would be our 2nd day at MK so I am good with gettiing really into the park a little later. We are hoping to go to BOG for lunch so that is why I am unsure about the 11:15 at 1900PF. This is my last table service credit to book, thought maybe a dinner but only thing available is Liberty Tree Tavern at 7:10 but then we have the MVMCP headache since we will not be going to the party that night...

Ultimately if I could get a 1900 PF for dinner it would solve my problems but that is getting hard for a party of 8
Our 1st family trip January 2007 was a blast !!
DH and I Honeymooned on the Disney Magic 1999
1st time ever to WDW and EPCOT -summer 1987
princesskimberella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 08:02 PM   #2
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher
I really wanted to like it, but I didn't

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesskimberella
These are our options .. but not sure about the times

CP at 9:30 am or 1900 PF at 11:15

I also have a CP booked for lunchtime for our first day at MK so this would be our 2nd day at MK so I am good with gettiing really into the park a little later. We are hoping to go to BOG for lunch so that is why I am unsure about the 11:15 at 1900PF. This is my last table service credit to book, thought maybe a dinner but only thing available is Liberty Tree Tavern at 7:10 but then we have the MVMCP headache since we will not be going to the party that night...

Ultimately if I could get a 1900 PF for dinner it would solve my problems but that is getting hard for a party of 8
for breakfast we loved crystal palace way more than 1900. loved the selection a lot better. so yummy. 1900 was delicious, but CP was better.

Dinner at 1900 wasnt very good im afraid thou. Quality was poor, so was the selection of food.

Sent from my Galaxy SII using DISBoards App

........."Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas".........

AUGUST "2013" DINING REVIEW / AUGUST "2012" DINING REVIEW

I've been BOO'ED by Forum Jumper!!!
goofyintoronto is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-29-2012, 08:22 PM   #3
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

I agree that breakfast food at CP is better than 1900 Park Fare. We go to Park Fare for the characters, as Alice is one of dds favorites. Alice and Mad Hatter do great character interaction there.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2014 DDC Disney World Series Champion
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
AirGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 10:20 PM   #4
charmedlife3517
Mouseketeer

1900 Park Fare was the absolute best breakfast food I have ever had. The fruit was so fresh and delicious. I have never had better strawberries in my life. The omelets were delicious. The characters were all wonderful. Pooh and Tigger were the best and I didnt even go to see them. I have never had CP but I will try it next time bc of the great reviews and the whole Pooh gang. But I cant imagine anything being better than 1900 PF breakfast. My friend ate at PF for dinner and said it was horrible.

charmedlife3517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 10:35 PM   #5
Karlzmom
DIS Veteran

We just got back on Saturday....our going home breakfast was 1900Pf and it was a solid "don't need to do it again" for all of us. The food, that was available was OK - though a lot of the refills on the buffet were VERY slow, but the service was the worst we had in 2 weeks [No coffee or juice until after DH was done with 1st plate of breakfast..and he waited a bit before giving up waiting and went on got food! Add in the unbelievable noise and general apathy of the staff [couldn't even get the attention of someone to assist in finding the one stack of bowls for the entire service area and a loooooong wait for a the guy to cut some ham while the rest of my breakfast went cold] really made it the worst meal of the trip. It also took forever for the characters to make the rotation...we saw Pooh and Tigger 3 times before Mary, Alice and the Hatter made it to our table, even with a polite inquiry to our server.

On the other hand, CP was a great meal and a very attentive staff. We had not done CP on the last couple of trips..no real reason, just didn't fit the schedule and we had to ask why haven't we made room for it We will certainly make it a "must do" in the future! The atmosphere was also a bit less chaotic
AKV 2012, 2013 & 2014 BWV 2013
Disney Wonder to Alaska 2014
Back to Alaska on the Wonder in 2015

KATIE Yes, I'm the Jeopardy! champ......
Karlzmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 08:11 AM   #6
heatherandnick
DIS Veteran

As 2 adults, we have done both. Keep in mind we don't really care much about the characters.

CP is our favorite breakfast hands-down. The food (puffed french toast, veggie frittata) are so yummy. Also, we like to get an early ADR to get into the park before opening. I love the whole feel of CP...it is very open, bright, and beautiful. Also, it is not SO loud like some other character meals.

We did 1900 on our honeymoon because Mary Poppins and Alice were my childhood heros. I was very underwhelmed. Firstly, the layout of the restaurant and buffet made it very hard to move around and get the food you wanted. It was very cramped and not too inviting where we were seated. Also, the face characters are just weird (sorry!). The food was decent, but nothing spectacular. If I was staying at GF, I would eat there again, but I would not make a special trip from another resort.
heatherandnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 09:34 PM   #7
BrookeMQ
Mouseketeer

I have eaten at both and have enjoyed both for breakfast.

We try to be at the parks early so we don't do 1900 park fare on a park day. We did that on the day we were leaving (had a later flight). My family really enjoyed the strawberry soup.

I think I like Crystal Palace better. We get into the park early with our 8 am ADR so that may be why I like it so much. But I do loved the puffed french toast and breakfast pizza at the kids station!

I know that 1900 Park Fare gets a bad rap for dinner but we all loved it and I usually hate buffets (other then breakfast). Everything was very good, and the character interaction was great. I say keep trying for a dinner reservation. We went with 7 people and everyone was happy We each enjoyed different things and went up for seconds of our favorites.
BrookeMQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: