Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-10-2012, 09:54 PM   #46
Cassondra
Mouseketeer

Just signed us up to do the fish extender exchange. Any ideas for gifts? There is quite a large group of participants and we are on a budget. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Shawn-Brooklyn's MAW Disney Cruise Jan 2013 pre trip

Cassondra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 09:30 PM   #47
Cassondra
Mouseketeer

We went to get their passport photos taken today and his hair was too big lol I had to wet it down and smash it to his head for it to fit in the circle requirements

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-11-2012, 10:01 PM   #48
miprender
Michelle Boo Boo

Hi, Wendy mentioned someone was looking for a fish extender.

Here is one I pinned

http://doublelcrafts.blogspot.com/20...-extender.html
Old 11-11-2012, 10:12 PM   #49
angel's momma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassondra View Post
He keeps asking if he can go swimming with mickey now lol.
So cute

Quote:
We went to get their passport photos taken today and his hair was too big lol I had to wet it down and smash it to his head for it to fit in the circle requirements

Great job miprender

Pretrip Report: Angel's Make a Wish Cruise on the Dream /and extended days at WDW PTR :We have dates 4/13-25
Trip Report: Angel's Make a Wish DREAM Cruise & extended days at wdw: April 13-25, 2013

Previous trips: 2013 Apr. 18-25 2010 May 8-15 2009 Dec. 4-11 2008 Dec. 15-24 2008 Aug. 30-Sept 7
2007 Sept. 1-8 2006 Dec. 9-16 2006 Sept. 26-Oct.3 2005 Sept. 25-Oct.8 2004 Dec. 11-21 All at POP
CRUISE 2013 Apr. 14-18 Disney DREAM
angel's momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:44 AM   #50
carebearkidney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Bahaha! I love his curls! Hope you are getting some good ideas from other cruisers for fish extenders. I had NO idea what that was... had to look it up. Looks like fun though!

Trick or Treat Trip Oct 11-16th 2014
Shades of Green :

Our MAW PTR
To Kidney - and Beyond!

Our kidney-versary trip - celebrating one year anniversary of kidney transplant!
kidney-versary trip 2011

Kidney-versary trip 2011
MAW trip Feb 17 - 23 2013
carebearkidney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 09:19 PM   #51
NEmel
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Love it! Are they requiring you get your passports? Bryan and I have ours but we didn't get the boys since we could go on our last cruise with just birth certificates.
NEmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:13 PM   #52
Cassondra
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEmel View Post
Love it! Are they requiring you get your passports? Bryan and I have ours but we didn't get the boys since we could go on our last cruise with just birth certificates.
No birth certificates will work just fine. You would only need a passport for them in case of an emergency to get back...and with this little boy I've learned just about anything can happen at any time. His doctor and I discussed it and decided it would be best to get him one just in case.

Old 11-13-2012, 10:35 AM   #53
H2OMama
Mouseketeer

FE gifts

We did the FE exchange on Reed's MAW Disney cruise in July. Here are some of the gifts we got that I remember: Someone made Minnie Mouse face necklaces out of scrabble pieces for the girls and Mickey Key chains for the boys also out of scrabble pieces. Someone brought these cool folding ice chests (about the size of a 6 pack) that had the cold gel stuff build into the walls. It fit perfectly in the door of our cabin fridge and we could take our own cold water/cokes onto the island in it and they stayed cold. :-). Someone made paper bag scrapbooks that were really cute!. We also got a CD one day that said Disney favorites....I have to admit I didn't play that for a long time after we were home, then one day I saw it and put it in my car and played it. It has AWESOME fun music that had been remade with Disney words/character names in it ect. or some of them were real songs from Disney movies, but mostly hip hop fun dance music Disney style. I have no idea where they found the songs from but that is now our favorite CD!!! My daughter and I LOVE to listen to it every time we are in the car. It is like remembering Reed's wish trip again and again all the time!! We also got these cute Disney key fob wrist-lets. I made cool neck bandana's (our cruise was in the summer) and put them in pirate bags with pirate candy. Can't think of any more ideas for you yet, but hope that helps get the ball rolling on ideas.
You are going to have so much fun!!!! Your family is adorable and I am really enjoying reading along!!

Last edited by H2OMama; 11-13-2012 at 10:38 AM. Reason: spelling
H2OMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 09:34 PM   #54
Cassondra
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by miprender View Post
Hi, Wendy mentioned someone was looking for a fish extender.

Here is one I pinned

http://doublelcrafts.blogspot.com/20...-extender.html
That looks great! Thanks for sharing. I have a few more weeks of school and then I'm going to try to be crafty lol

Old 11-16-2012, 09:39 PM   #55
Cassondra
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2OMama View Post
We did the FE exchange on Reed's MAW Disney cruise in July. Here are some of the gifts we got that I remember: Someone made Minnie Mouse face necklaces out of scrabble pieces for the girls and Mickey Key chains for the boys also out of scrabble pieces. Someone brought these cool folding ice chests (about the size of a 6 pack) that had the cold gel stuff build into the walls. It fit perfectly in the door of our cabin fridge and we could take our own cold water/cokes onto the island in it and they stayed cold. :-). Someone made paper bag scrapbooks that were really cute!. We also got a CD one day that said Disney favorites....I have to admit I didn't play that for a long time after we were home, then one day I saw it and put it in my car and played it. It has AWESOME fun music that had been remade with Disney words/character names in it ect. or some of them were real songs from Disney movies, but mostly hip hop fun dance music Disney style. I have no idea where they found the songs from but that is now our favorite CD!!! My daughter and I LOVE to listen to it every time we are in the car. It is like remembering Reed's wish trip again and again all the time!! We also got these cute Disney key fob wrist-lets. I made cool neck bandana's (our cruise was in the summer) and put them in pirate bags with pirate candy. Can't think of any more ideas for you yet, but hope that helps get the ball rolling on ideas.
You are going to have so much fun!!!! Your family is adorable and I am really enjoying reading along!!
Thank you so much for the ideas! Any trip information you can pass along that might be helpful would be very appreciated! The kids are very excited about the pool, aquaduck, and oceaners club but I'm trying to figure out what all we should try to check out.

Old 11-21-2012, 12:01 AM   #56
Nevada Jen
Mouseketeer

You are going on your trip about the same time we are. We are skipping the cruise though. I was just too scared we would have a medical emergency with my wish kid. You son has the same hair as my youngest. I totally laughed out loud at squishing down the hair for the passport photo. I was just lamenting to my friends that I wish the child would just agree to cut it! Can't wait to follow your journey!
Nevada Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 01:53 AM   #57
angel's momma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevada Jen View Post
I was just too scared we would have a medical emergency with my wish kid.
That scares me too, but lots of wish kids do cruises, or fly overseas, without any problems, so I just have to push that fear aside and concentrate on how wonderful it is that she gets a wish.

Is it your first trip to wdw? Will you be making a PTR?

Pretrip Report: Angel's Make a Wish Cruise on the Dream /and extended days at WDW PTR :We have dates 4/13-25
Trip Report: Angel's Make a Wish DREAM Cruise & extended days at wdw: April 13-25, 2013

Previous trips: 2013 Apr. 18-25 2010 May 8-15 2009 Dec. 4-11 2008 Dec. 15-24 2008 Aug. 30-Sept 7
2007 Sept. 1-8 2006 Dec. 9-16 2006 Sept. 26-Oct.3 2005 Sept. 25-Oct.8 2004 Dec. 11-21 All at POP
CRUISE 2013 Apr. 14-18 Disney DREAM
angel's momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 09:54 AM   #58
Cassondra
Mouseketeer

Quote:
You are going on your trip about the same time we are. We are skipping the cruise though. I was just too scared we would have a medical emergency with my wish kid. You son has the same hair as my youngest. I totally laughed out loud at squishing down the hair for the passport photo. I was just lamenting to my friends that I wish the child would just agree to cut it! Can't wait to follow your journey!
He is doing well enough that his doctor thought the cruise would be fine...but just in case we are getting passports for him and his brother! Are you guys going to disney world then for your trip? We are adding on a few days at disney afterwards but it is a surprise! I can't wait to tell them but we are going to wait until xmas and somehow wrap it up as one of their gifts.

Old 11-21-2012, 11:09 AM   #59
Nevada Jen
Mouseketeer

We are going to WDW. It looks like we will just miss you. Our dates are Jan 3-9! I really do need to do a PTR but I am having too much fun reading everyone elses! I will think on the Christmas Gift Presentation. THey are going to be shocked!

Do they do fancy dress nights on the crusie like on a standard cruise?

Last edited by Nevada Jen; 11-21-2012 at 12:36 PM.
Nevada Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 07:49 PM   #60
Cassondra
Mouseketeer

Quote:
We are going to WDW. It looks like we will just miss you. Our dates are Jan 3-9! I really do need to do a PTR but I am having too much fun reading everyone elses! I will think on the Christmas Gift Presentation. THey are going to be shocked!

Do they do fancy dress nights on the crusie like on a standard cruise?
Ya there is a dress up night and a pirate night where everyone dresses up like pirates and there is a pirate party on the deck.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: