Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-29-2012, 11:05 AM   #1
autismgoesdisney
DIS Veteran

Missing Disney :(

So its been awhile since I"ve visited and as I sit here waiting for the hurrican to really start, I am missing Disney Last hurricane that hit Jersey, we were lucky enough to have missed it and be in WDW for the entire time our power was out. This time not so much Told my husband if we left right now we should miss the storm LOL! He didn't buy it.

Anyway, for our ten year somehow we decided to do a cruise with the kids instead. We aren't doing a Disney cruise (way too expensive for a family of five), and I find myself very upset about it. My kids and husband, on the other hand, are so excited! I wish we could have done a deluxe hotel instead. But I'm trying to be excited for the kids.

Sad that a cruise doesn't excite me as much as a trip to WDW. Hopefully I will feel different ON the cruise lol!

Anyway, just missing the World and figured I'd reach out to let other northeasterners know we are thinking of them as well! Stay safe everyone!

Next cruise: August 30, 2015 RCCL Freedom of the Seas!

Previous trips to WDW: 1981 Poly; 1984 Poly; Mar 2001 CSR; Nov 2008 Sports AS; Dec 2010 POP Century; Aug 2011 POR; Aug 2012 CBR/POR; Aug 2013 AOA/POR
Previous cruises: Carnival Splendor April 2013; Disney Fantasy January 2014;
autismgoesdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 11:29 AM   #2
CoachBagFanatic
My two Shiba babies :-)

Location: Somewhere between here and there!! Just as long as there is a Coach store in the middle I am happy :) Love the Dropkick Murphys!!

We feel your pain about missing Disney. Sandy is sure not helping the situation either. We are in Ocean Cty NJ and it is very creepy outside. Way too quite. Windy and rainy but no cars or anything. Just a weird feeling.

We thought about doing a cruise, but we opted not too. We are not cruise people either. I am sure once you are on your cruise and the excitement that your children will experience, will make the cruise worth it.

Sending out lots of love to anyone and everyone who will be experiencing Sandy.

The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-29-2012, 11:35 AM   #3
Steph2527
DIS Veteran

I wish I was in WDW! Just came home last Friday.. Wish I was there this week instead! Good luck to everyone in sandy's path...I know we are on Long Island :/ stay safe!
Old 10-29-2012, 11:38 AM   #4
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

I feel your pain.
Old 10-29-2012, 01:36 PM   #5
lisam427
DIS Veteran

i totally understand what you are going through. i think im going thru withdrawal myself. on a more positive note a couple of my coworkers recently came back from a cruise and loved it. i know it isnt disney but you will have a wonderful time. stay safe!!

lisam427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 01:54 PM   #6
Butterflygirl35
DIS Veteran

Good luck and stay safe!!

It is hard being away from the World... I need to go every 2 - 3 months or I get cranky.. LOL
Butterflygirl35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 02:23 PM   #7
ksgind70
Earning My Ears

Missing Disney!

We are also wishing we were in Disney. We are just outside of Ocean City,NJ and are bracing for a direct hit from Sandy in the next few hours. Everyone stay safe!
ksgind70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 03:17 PM   #8
pixieMandy
Mouseketeer

Stay safe! We are in central PA and the hurricane is supposed to come right through our area as well. We're getting a lot of wind today and some rain and I'm just waiting for my power to go out :P I know what you mean about missing Disney! I have missed it since we left in April. We got a PIN in the mail and booked another vaca for next April, and my DH has noticed how I'm in such a good mood now that we're planning another trip to the World!
pixieMandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 03:26 PM   #9
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Ditto here in Dover, DE. It looks like after it hits land and goes across the DE Bay, it is going to continue right through DE about 15 to 45 miles north of my town.

It is going to be a long night; wish I was at POR right now.

Hard to believe, just 3 weeks ago, I was heading out of NJ for a beautiful cruise to Bermuda.

Stay safe everyone.!!!!!!

Me and the three cats - Momma Abby and the Kids, Gracie, Jack, and R.I.P. my little Desi (10/14/11) - Momma and the kids miss you and so do I.
Missytara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 05:29 PM   #10
bdink921
DIS Veteran

I hear you about missing Disney!!! We haven't been to see the Mouse since 2009 and that was only for a very short but totally enjoyable 2 days just before a Carnival cruise. My DH just isn't that much of a fan . But, cruises are so much FUN!!! We've done 2 Disney and 1 Carnival with a Royal coming up in April. There is just so much to do and it's cool to wake up with a new port to explore. Cruising is one of the best vacations for our family. I research the ports and then we choose excursions that really add to the experience. We've gone cavetubing, zip lining, exploring Mayan ruins, swimming with dolphins, parasailing, and lounging on beaches with the clearest, prettiest blue water I've ever seen. I love it just as much as Disney but in a different way.

We're in central CT, lots of wind and some rain but we still have our power (keeping fingers crossed). Last year's awful blizzard (10/29 too, what a coincidence) was a much different story . Be safe all of you in Sandy's path.
Old 10-29-2012, 05:48 PM   #11
sheilan
Earning My Ears

I feel selfish saying I miss WDW but I do. We just got back from there late September, and hadn't been there since 2008 before then. I am having withdrawals. Trying to figure out how to get back in 2013. Ugh! Thinking of all of you during Sandy!!

NEXT TRIP 10/22-31/14 POP!
5/2013 - POR
9/2012 - POR
11/2008 - POP
4/2002 - Vacation Home
7/2001 - Vacation Home
6/2000 - HONEYMOON! 1st visit! Vacation Home

sheilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 09:01 PM   #12
FortForever
Disney since Day 1

What cruise line/ship will you be sailing?

We just got back a week ago from a cruise on Oasis of the Seas. I absolutely loved it! Nicest cruise ship I've ever been on. It is amazing that you can go on a cruise and visit other countries cheaper than you can go to Disney. Sad, but true.

I'm sure you will have a good time. Just think how relaxing a cruise is compared to Disney.
FortForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 01:52 AM   #13
NightStar
Earning My Ears

On my last cruise with my fiancée I took an extra day and went to the MK. Since we were flying out of MCO, I just came up from Port Canaveral stayed at the POR for a night and did one park. That’s probably hard to do with a family of 5 though and much more expensive . Which cruise did you go on? You are going to have a lot of fun. I went on the Carnival Dream, thought I was going to hate it but ended up loooovving it. Cruising is the one vacation where getting to the destination is all apart of the fun!

May 2013- 1st ever Star Wars Weekend and DVC stay
December 2012- Engagement Celebration at Wilderness Lodge
June 2012- My parents treat their 3 kids in their late 20’s for a week in WDW!!
December 2011- Our one day visit to the Magic Kingdom
July 2010- Our First trip together to Magic Kingdom
2004- Family Trip to DisneyLand
1989-1998- Too many WDW trips to count!
NightStar is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: