Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-29-2012, 08:55 AM   #1
smileymomof3
Mouseketeer

So I am having trouble deciding for our last ADR. I am trying to do a lot of character meals for our kiddos (9,7 and 4). Right now my ADR's look like this:
H&V, Mama Melrose (Fantasmic pkg), chef mickeys, CRT and Coral Reef. I can add either Crystal Palace or Tusker House. It seems like CP makes more sense since we already have chef mickeys planned but I keep reading such great things about tusker that I can't decide! Plus, I'm not sure my kids will be into the winnie the pooh characters?? What would you do? :-)
smileymomof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 09:12 AM   #2
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher
I really wanted to like it, but I didn't

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileymomof3 View Post
So I am having trouble deciding for our last ADR. I am trying to do a lot of character meals for our kiddos (9,7 and 4). Right now my ADR's look like this:
H&V, Mama Melrose (Fantasmic pkg), chef mickeys, CRT and Coral Reef. I can add either Crystal Palace or Tusker House. It seems like CP makes more sense since we already have chef mickeys planned but I keep reading such great things about tusker that I can't decide! Plus, I'm not sure my kids will be into the winnie the pooh characters?? What would you do? :-)
First of all, would your meal at Tusker & CP be for breakfast lunch or dinner? Because you will get different answers.

Breakfast at both is AMAZING! I love the variety and quality of food at both. CP has an omlette station, pooh's puffed french toast, and the incredible breakfast lasagna. Plus the atmosphere is nicer than Tusker. Its a tough call, but I guess my suggestion would be for you to go to CP....esp since you already have Chef Mickeys. The characters are great at CP. My DS12 isnt into Pooh characters but once he's there, he loves it. Tigger was trying to play with his electronics. It was so cute!

If youre thinking about lunch/dinner, I'd still recommend CP over Tusker as we didnt care for the variety of food at lunch/dinner. CP was better, IMO.

........."Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas".........

AUGUST "2013" DINING REVIEW / AUGUST "2012" DINING REVIEW

I've been BOO'ED by Forum Jumper!!!

Last edited by goofyintoronto; 10-29-2012 at 12:43 PM.
goofyintoronto is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-29-2012, 09:26 AM   #3
smileymomof3
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyintoronto

First of all, l would your meal at Tusker & CP be for breakfast lunch or dinner? Because you will get different answers.

Breakfast at both is AMAZING! I love the variety and quality of food at both. CP has an omlette station, pooh's puffed french toast, and the incredible breakfast lasagna. Plus the atmosphere is nicer than Tusker. Its a tough call, but I guess my suggestion would be for you to go to CP....esp since you already have Chef Mickeys. The characters are great at CP. My DS12 isnt into Pooh characters but once he's there, he loves it. Tigger was trying to play with his electronics. It was so cute!

If youre thinking about lunch/dinner, I'd still recommend CP over Tusker as we didnt care for the variety of food at lunch/dinner. CP was better, IMO.
Thanks! For Tusker, our meal would be breakfast on our AK day. For Crystal Palace, lunch or dinner. I could do both, but would end up spending more OOP. As my husband says, trying to make this decision is a good problem to have. :-)
smileymomof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 12:45 PM   #4
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileymomof3 View Post
Thanks! For Tusker, our meal would be breakfast on our AK day. For Crystal Palace, lunch or dinner. I could do both, but would end up spending more OOP. As my husband says, trying to make this decision is a good problem to have. :-)
Tusker bfast is pretty good. They have a nice variety of food. Plus its nice to have an early ADR before the park opens so that you can be one of the first on the safari ride!

CP is pretty good for lunch/dinner. We ALWAYS had great meals here.

I think most ppl would pick Tusker bfast over CP lunch/dinner. I love bfast, so thats probably what I would choose as well.

........."Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas".........

Old 10-29-2012, 12:52 PM   #5
cwt580
DIS Veteran

Remember you have to get into MK to do CP. Parkhopers are a must if Ak planned for that day.

We like both but really enjoy CP if before rope drop. Nothing like being in Mk when main st is almost empty. Great photo opps.

cwt580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 12:55 PM   #6
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwt580 View Post
Remember you have to get into MK to do CP.
The same applies to AK/Tusker House. Park ticket is needed there too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwt580
Parkhopers are a must if Ak planned for that day
Not necessarily. You can always go to downtown disney after youre done with Animal Kingdom.
No park ticket is needed for downtown disney.

Old 10-29-2012, 02:44 PM   #7
auprincess
DIS Veteran

What meal are you eating for Chef Mickey's?

If it were me, I would get rid of Chef Mickey's and do breakfast at Tusker (really good and you get to see Daisy, who can be hard to find in the parks!) and your lunch or dinner at CP. WE've done dinner and breakfast at Chef Mickey's and it really isn't that great and the character interaction isn't any better than TH or CP. The lunch and dinner we have had at CP was much better than the dinner we had at CM and the breakfast we had at TH was much better than CM, too. (although giving up CM might not be an option for you)!
April 2012 Polynesion
auprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 04:33 PM   #8
AnastasiaF
Earning My Ears

We just did breakfast at Tusker - we liked it more than the Chef Mickey breakfast we did on our last trip. The food was excellent and had some interesting, different things than Chef Mickey. The characters were very good with interaction plus we got a nice posed picture with Donald and we saw Daisy, Mickey and Goofy inside.

We loved dinner at CP! The food was delicious - everyone from the 6 year old to grandma found lots to eat. Plus it was nice to see different characters. My poor sister had worn a pink stripped shirt so we got a picture of her with Piglet - twins! haha Even though the Pooh and gang characters aren't everyone's favorite in my group they all enjoyed meeting them - a nice change from the usuals.
AnastasiaF is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: