Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-30-2012, 08:16 PM   #46
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo View Post
Be aware that there is full frontal nudity in that clip.

EDIT:
I have video software that allows me to convert, blow-up and step-through Flash video.
On a close frame-by-frame examination, I can say that he could be wearing black silk boxers.

But there are frames with motion smear where the shooter, mixed with the lamp components,
that appear to show more (or less) than may actually be there.

Dude you've got way too much time on your hands.
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr

declansdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 09:10 PM   #47
chartle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post
Dude you've got way too much time on your hands.
Hence the 60,000 plus posts at all hours of the day and night .
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-30-2012, 09:19 PM   #48
Dan Murphy
We are family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post
dude you've got way too much time on your hands.
lol.

Why she runs.....

Random acts of kindness, no matter how small, are never really lost. They live forever in the hearts of those who are fortunate enough to be on the receiving end of them----Lady M
dmurphydis@sbcglobal.net

Dan Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 09:27 PM   #49
rosermama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by erincon23
Wow! The pictures of the gift shop really bring it home.
I would just like to mention that in another post on the board a man mentions walking around the ship to see what was really going on. He talks about the crew takinh stuff off all the shelves in the gift shops subsequently later the empty shelves fell over (which they probably would have done with the stuff on them).

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy Note using DISBoards
rosermama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 09:29 PM   #50
rosermama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink
Not trying to be argumentative, but really? It's amazing how many people are second guessing a well trained and surpremely experienced captain. Uncomfortable ride? Probably. Dangerous? Doubt it..unless you decided to leave your cabin and walk around. Besides...if I had doors crashing like that, and I had been told to stay in my cabin I would have taken that time to put everything away....there wouldn't be anything in my cabin to fly around. Things would have been stowed.
It amazes me to see how many people think that was a horrible decision on the captain's part.
I agree

Old 10-30-2012, 09:33 PM   #51
rosermama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney1990

I, too, was on this sailing. I talked with several Cast Members that said, if you thought this was bad, don't ever sail across the Atlantic. They said that this was nothing compared with what they experienced bringing the ship to the US from Germany.
I have also heard this as well. Transatlantic cruises can be really rough. There was a video a few years back of the Magic in the Med during a storm they couldnt get around and that was really bad that video was worse than this one.

I also have sailed in the winter and will never do that again we went through a storm that was so bad I couldnt even eat, the storm lasted most of the evening. Its scary but it was the risk I took booking in Jan

Old 10-30-2012, 09:33 PM   #52
hkcbear
Earning My Ears

I was on the Fantasy on Friday night with my husband and children- our very first cruise ever

the waves in the video were recorded in the evening and what we experienced over night was terrifying, the waves seriously looked like they did in the movie "Perfect Storm" we were all sick and terrified and waited anxiously for updated and direction on what was going on and what to do....many calls to guest services gave us no info...it was the worst sick feeling ever to see terror in my kid's faces! I'm super thankful to be home....Saturday morning was another type of nightmare all together, I am honestly shocked by the lack of communication and order as everyone was trying to figure out what to do about getting home and getting off of the ship.... Very disappointed.... (( I used the word terror a lot...I can not find another word strong enough to describe the feelings))
hkcbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 09:42 PM   #53
hkcbear
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink View Post
Not trying to be argumentative, but really? It's amazing how many people are second guessing a well trained and surpremely experienced captain. Uncomfortable ride? Probably. Dangerous? Doubt it..unless you decided to leave your cabin and walk around. Besides...if I had doors crashing like that, and I had been told to stay in my cabin I would have taken that time to put everything away....there wouldn't be anything in my cabin to fly around. Things would have been stowed.
It amazes me to see how many people think that was a horrible decision on the captain's part.
Perfectly stated by someone who did not experience what happened! Put everything away? Where? The trash can went flying, the diaper genie almost landed in the pack & play, everything in the bathroom went flying,mthe tv crashing into the mirror, and it was impossible to even stand when the ship listed sideways!
Old 10-30-2012, 09:57 PM   #54
rosermama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkcbear
I was on the Fantasy on Friday night with my husband and children- our very first cruise ever

the waves in the video were recorded in the evening and what we experienced over night was terrifying, the waves seriously looked like they did in the movie "Perfect Storm" we were all sick and terrified and waited anxiously for updated and direction on what was going on and what to do....many calls to guest services gave us no info...it was the worst sick feeling ever to see terror in my kid's faces! I'm super thankful to be home....Saturday morning was another type of nightmare all together, I am honestly shocked by the lack of communication and order as everyone was trying to figure out what to do about getting home and getting off of the ship.... Very disappointed.... (( I used the word terror a lot...I can not find another word strong enough to describe the feelings))
I am really sorry you had such a terrible experince on your first cruise. I do hope you look back and remeber the good times.

The lack of communication is one thing I find appalling as well as the disembarkation. There is no excuse for that regardless of any other decision and I expect more out of Disney.

They could have started out early in the evening by saying "Ladies and Gentlemen the Captain has reviewed all the nautical charts and the current weather. He has made a decision to try and get back to port tomorrow. We want everyone to be aware we may encounter some rough seas tonight so please secure any lose items in your cabin. Also we maybe late arriving in port, we plan to embark via floors (charcaters etc) at the appropriate time in the morning we will have everyone please report to either theater. There will be regular updates throughout the night."

Just like on a plane please let me know what is going on.

They could have made regular updates like "we are heading into a more turbulent part of the ocean please remain in your cabin and stay seated as best as possible"

Anything would be better than nothing

Old 10-30-2012, 10:12 PM   #55
hkcbear
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosermama View Post
I am really sorry you had such a terrible experince on your first cruise. I do hope you look back and remeber the good times.

The lack of communication is one thing I find appalling as well as the disembarkation. There is no excuse for that regardless of any other decision and I expect more out of Disney.

They could have started out early in the evening by saying "Ladies and Gentlemen the Captain has reviewed all the nautical charts and the current weather. He has made a decision to try and get back to port tomorrow. We want everyone to be aware we may encounter some rough seas tonight so please secure any lose items in your cabin. Also we maybe late arriving in port, we plan to embark via floors (charcaters etc) at the appropriate time in the morning we will have everyone please report to either theater. There will be regular updates throughout the night."

Just like on a plane please let me know what is going on.

They could have made regular updates like "we are heading into a more turbulent part of the ocean please remain in your cabin and stay seated as best as possible"

Anything would be better than nothing

Thank you! Up until Friday we had our best vacation ever! We will sail again and are talking about when and where, but never again in hurricane season!

I agree about the updates, I would have felt so much more at ease if there had been information! Starting on Friday when the ocean started getting so rough and explaining what was going on! The moment that the ship listed so badly to the side is what I keep thinking of....it makes me ill to remember! I was begging my husband to reassure me and calling GS was just no help!

I really have no words for the next day... I just don't understand why they just never said another word or told people where to go! It was just so surprising to us!!

I'm really very upset with myself for believing our TA when she said that we would never be in a hurricane, that the captain would go somewhere safe or dock until it was safe. I never would have ever put my children in a situation like that if I had known....we would have chosen to sail in December or January instead! It was my first time to Florida, our first time flying in over 20 years and our very first cruise.... We were very uneducated even though I thought we were prepared! The irony was all of the questions I had asked while planning the trip and sadly found out the answers going through the experience!
Old 10-30-2012, 10:18 PM   #56
lugnut33
DIS Veteran

This is my opinion, I repeat this is just my opinion:

I've been on one Disney cruise and enjoyed it immensely, even though I am scared of oceans. I was apprehensive about even going, but had a good enough time that I booked another cruise. I certainly am glad I wasn't on this cruise or the Dream cruise.

That said, my expectation (which obviously is different from the Captain's) of any cruise that I'm on is that my comfort and safety is of the upmost importance. I don't expect the captain to take me into seas where crap is flying around. I don't expect to be put into seas that make the ship do the things that I have seen on the videos.

Consideration of all the passengers need to be taken into account before a decision to sail into very rough conditions takes place. Sure, I bet some passengers slept through it or enjoyed it, but others were terrified and their concerns are important also. Matter of fact, I would say their consideration trumps those that would be fine with it because in the end there would many more happy passengers. Not just the ones who have spent 22 years at sea.

It's not a matter of just asking passengers to suck it up. They didn't pay to have this happen and it shouldn't happen to anyone on the ship. This was not a normal night in rough seas by the amount of damage that occured. You can see this on the photos and videos.

As for me, I'll go on my second cruise, but I hope to heck we don't encounter seas like that because I'm pretty sure it would be my last.
Old 10-30-2012, 10:26 PM   #57
rosermama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkcbear

Thank you! Up until Friday we had our best vacation ever! We will sail again and are talking about when and where, but never again in hurricane season!

I agree about the updates, I would have felt so much more at ease if there had been information! Starting on Friday when the ocean started getting so rough and explaining what was going on! The moment that the ship listed so badly to the side is what I keep thinking of....it makes me ill to remember! I was begging my husband to reassure me and calling GS was just no help!

I really have no words for the next day... I just don't understand why they just never said another word or told people where to go! It was just so surprising to us!!

I'm really very upset with myself for believing our TA when she said that we would never be in a hurricane, that the captain would go somewhere safe or dock until it was safe. I never would have ever put my children in a situation like that if I had known....we would have chosen to sail in December or January instead! It was my first time to Florida, our first time flying in over 20 years and our very first cruise.... We were very uneducated even though I thought we were prepared! The irony was all of the questions I had asked while planning the trip and sadly found out the answers going through the experience!
I think we could be sisters cause I was doing about the same thing at home Monday night with the Hurricane and have done it on the ship. Asking my husband to reassure me and hold me and make everything better, that's what they are there for.

Don't sail in Jan bad winter storms can be just as bad and really freaking cold. We like Nov and early Dec as an option. Just a thought

I think everyone gets the standard line about going around the hurricanes. I think they do when they can but that storm was so big and maybe they thought the outer bands weren't as bad as they were.

I agree with what someone said earlier about docking at Tampa its a viable alternative and not the far from MCO. They could have busted people in and out of Tampa. And if you were planning to leave your car at port they could have had you park it at one of the lots by the park and pick you up and take you back for free (for the next cruisers) . Its only a couple hours away from Canaveral I know cause that's where we fly in and out of cause its cheaper for us.

What's sad is DCL has always had a bad reputation for poor communication. I have read on the board before people complaining they didn't get updates their cruise was delayed due to weather etc. I hope they realize and hope people email them and tell them to learn to communicate better and think about Tampa as an option for alternate plans as needed.

Old 10-30-2012, 10:31 PM   #58
rosermama
DIS Veteran

BTW I meant to say based people in and out of Tampa. Stupid phone text... I sure hoping they wouldnt need to bust people out of Tampa

Old 10-30-2012, 10:33 PM   #59
lugnut33
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosermama View Post
BTW I meant to say based people in and out of Tampa. Stupid phone text... I sure hoping they wouldnt need to bust people out of Tampa

Auto correct got you two times now. Haha, modern marvels.
Old 10-30-2012, 10:40 PM   #60
rosermama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lugnut33

Auto correct got you two times now. Haha, modern marvels.
Dang it
Ok ok I meant move people via buses agh stupid phone

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: