Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-29-2012, 04:56 AM   #1
TahoeTessie
Disney Fan

Question Art of Animation - thermostat - temperature at 68

How hot and humid does it get at night when the air conditioner shuts off or if you can't go below the 68 degrees that the resort has set as the minimum temperature? I read that you should put a balloon in front of the sensor so it won't shut off. Any other ideas on how to keep cool at night? My son can't stand getting too hot and sweaty when he sleeps. Should I consider a different resort?
TahoeTessie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 06:56 AM   #2
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

I know when we stayed at Coronado Springs in March, our room was very cold. I shared a room with my nephew, and he likes it that way to sleep. I had 3 blankets on, that is how cold the room was.

I wonder if Disney would work with you on changing resorts if you arrive at AoA and find that the rooms are just too hot for you.
maxiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-29-2012, 06:59 AM   #3
chanty
DIS Veteran

We just spent our first night here and I have to say I was afraid of how warm it would be for sleeping. It actually isn't THAT bad but the comforter was at my feet all night and I sleep in my undies & a tank top.

Chantal

Oct 2003 - Dolphin (engagement year) Oct 2005 - POR - Honeymoon
Oct 2006 - BCV - 1st anniversary Jan 2008 - Pop Century resort
Oct 2010 - BCV & AKV - 5th Anniversary!
Nov 2011 - Pop Century - Biz trip!
Oct 2012 - AoA - Family Vacation!

"Disney. For those that get it, no explanation necessary. For those that don't, no explanation possible."
chanty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 08:58 AM   #4
Daisy143
Earning My Ears

We are here right now and the balloon thing does not work. You have to move around the room for the air to turn on or push the fan button on the air it self. I have stayed at almost all the resorts and I definitely will not stay here in the summer. I don't like the air shutting off at night because there is no air circulating. It does not sense temp to kick back on if it gets hotter in the room.
DL & DCA-2000,DL 2006,DW-Xmas 2001, 2002 , 2005, 2006, Dec 2007 AKL, Oct 2008 Engagement, Nov. 2009 Thanksgiving, Honeymoon July 2009, Oct 2009 family fun run/Food and wine/MNSSHP, Oct 2010 Food and Wine 5k/MNSSHP, JAN 2011 FW Celebrating our New baby to be! June 2011 Early Anniversary/ Babymoon. AKL XMAS 2011, AoA MNSSHP 2012 baby's first halloween party,AoA Xmas 2012 ....
Me(32) & DH(34)
DD(1)
Daisy143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 01:22 PM   #5
rock_doctor
DIS Veteran

If you are uncomfortable in your rooms call and complain. They can come down and set them colder. At this point i don't think anybody has found a way to keep the AC on, i know there are at least three different set of directions in the wild but all three have been shot down a couple times over the summer. Just pick up the phone and complain. If they can't set it lower ask to be moved. You should be comfortable in your room. I don't think it is resort specific.
rock_doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 09:27 PM   #6
merina888
Mouseketeer

I believe there is a way for maintenance to manually override the green settings on the thermostat, but as previous posters have said, you have to call complain/ask to have it adjusted.
merina888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 01:03 PM   #7
fla4fun
DIS Veteran

I like a cold room to sleep too.

One thing I do that helps is I pack a small (maybe 8 inch square) box fan when I travel. It does wonders in rooms where there is no ceiling fan.
fla4fun is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: