Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-29-2012, 01:05 AM   #1
mickeeemouse
Mouseketeer

Question Ohana or Crystal Palace for breakfast?

If you had to choose between Ohana and Crystal Palace for breakfast, which would be your choice and why? Trying to do a breakfast for our Magic Kingdom day. Thank you

mickeeemouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 01:24 AM   #2
Floristmom
Earning My Ears

We actually did both because I am a HUGE POOH Fan and Crystal Palace is where DH and I ate on our honeymoon. DS is a huge Stitch fan so we also ate at Ohana.

We had 8:05am ressies at CP and the food was wonderful the service was great and we were the 2nd table to meet the characters so we were in and out in less than 45 min.

We had 8:15am ressies at Ohana. We arrived at 7:45. We got our pic taken right away. Then we had to wait and wait and wait. We ended up not getting seated until 8:45 because they didn't have a table for 3 available. People who arrived at the same time as us were leaving when we were getting seated. Then our server was HORRIBLE! DH didn't want the "juice" He wanted a coke and that took forever. Then the food arrived and the eggs were cold and by the time our skillet was gone she came over and said "Oh you never got your waffles" So those finally arrived. Then it took for ever to get our bill! It took us at 2 hrs at Ohana to get seated and eat! We were late for our appt at the barber shop on Mainstreet.

So long story short I say CRYSTAL PALACE!
Floristmom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-29-2012, 08:26 AM   #3
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher
I really wanted to like it, but I didn't

I LOVE both, but I love Crystal Palace a lot more. The food is amazing!!! You must try the breakfast lasagna. Its in the dessert section. SIMPLY FABULOUS! Pooh's puffed french toast and made to order eggs/omlette station are winners as well. yum! Plus the place is pretty, and the characters are amazing. They really take their time to interact with you!

........."Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas".........

AUGUST "2013" DINING REVIEW / AUGUST "2012" DINING REVIEW

I've been BOO'ED by Forum Jumper!!!
goofyintoronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 08:30 AM   #4
GillianP1301
DIS Veteran

I liked both. Food was comparable at both locations. It may come down to which characters you like more. The overall character experience was better for my DS4 at CP.

If you have the PP+, you may want to do Ohana since it's one if the printed photo sites included.
POP & Offsite - Aug 2013 - MB/FP+ test
Caribbean Beach Resort - Aug 2012 - First visit with DS4
Disneyland - 2003 - Solo business trip
WDW Offsite - 1997 - 5th Anniversary
WDW Offsite - 1992 - Honeymooon
WDW Offsite - 1986 - First WDW trip
GillianP1301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 08:32 AM   #5
andrencau
Mouseketeer

CP. Get the earliest possible reservation. If you can get an 8 or 830, you can get in before the park opens. You will have Main Street all to yourself. It really makes you feel like a VIP.
andrencau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 08:36 AM   #6
sisaaliyah
Mouseketeer

Crystal Palace hands-down! It holds a special place in my heart was our first character meal back in 2008.
Old 10-29-2012, 08:40 AM   #7
Bonniec
DIS Veteran

I prefer O'Hanas breakfast and it's one of my favorite meals there (I like it better than their dinners too.)

1. We love Stitch and aren't huge Pooh fans
2. The food choices are limited here. Scrambled eggs, potatoes, bacon, sausage (yum!), Mickey Waffles, and fruit. But for me, that's pretty much my ideal breakfast. It's served family style which I prefer over a buffet. It's a pain to take my younger one to the buffets.

We didn't have any issues with bad wait times or cold food. But that can, amd does, happen at most of the Disney restaurants. They aren't known for consistency.

That being said, CP would be nice too. Mostly it would be nice to get into the park early.

So I'd vote both but if you had to pick, I'd go with O'Hanas (assuming you like Stitch and the food choices).
Old 10-29-2012, 09:17 AM   #8
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher
I really wanted to like it, but I didn't

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonniec View Post
I prefer O'Hanas breakfast and it's one of my favorite meals there (I like it better than their dinners too.)

1. We love Stitch and aren't huge Pooh fans
2. The food choices are limited here. Scrambled eggs, potatoes, bacon, sausage (yum!), Mickey Waffles, and fruit. But for me, that's pretty much my ideal breakfast. It's served family style which I prefer over a buffet. It's a pain to take my younger one to the buffets.

We didn't have any issues with bad wait times or cold food. But that can, amd does, happen at most of the Disney restaurants. They aren't known for consistency.

That being said, CP would be nice too. Mostly it would be nice to get into the park early.

So I'd vote both but if you had to pick, I'd go with O'Hanas (assuming you like Stitch and the food choices).
I agree with the bolded part above. I like Ohana bfast far better than the dinner. I know theyre both different, but still.

Also, having the meal served family-style is something for you to think about...that might appeal to you as it makes for a very nice relaxing breakfast. Or that might not be something your family may like at all.

........."Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas".........

AUGUST "2013" DINING REVIEW / AUGUST "2012" DINING REVIEW

I've been BOO'ED by Forum Jumper!!!
goofyintoronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 01:31 PM   #9
mickeeemouse
Mouseketeer

Thank you for your responses. First time on DDP and having to make choices at times are difficult with out some input. Anymore responses would be great. I love the DIS boards, they have helped me plan my vacation much easier.

mickeeemouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 02:06 PM   #10
vanillarum
DIS Veteran

Like the pps have said, it may depend on which characters you (and your kids ?) like best. For us, it was no contest, as when my 2 were younger, Stitch was the one. We have been to the Poly many times for breakfast and never have been disappointed. Check out our avatar - I believe my DD was 8 and we had a ball. Good luck.
AUG '07 POLYNESIAN
DEC '11 POLYNESIAN
JAN "12 AS MOVIES
AUG '13 AS MOVIES

vanillarum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 02:14 PM   #11
MrsLS
DIS Veteran

Crystal Palace for breakfast was really good. I liked the fact that they have eggs to order and they made chocolate chip pancakes for my DH. & the french toast casserole thing was really yummy. The character interaction was good. And our waiter was very good.
I haven't been to Ohana's for breakfast but its not a buffet, it's family style, not sure that makes a difference to you.
If characters matter more to you than the food, I would choose on that. But even with not eating at Ohana's; CP has more food choices and you are already in the park. Last time we went we had 8am adr and were out by 9am when everyone was starting to be let in, so we didn't miss any park time.

MrsLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 06:51 PM   #12
klinlin
Mom to the T N T boys!

I like CP much, much better. The characters at Ohana were great, but the food was just so so. Personally , I don't eat eggs, so the family style breakfast just did not work well for me. Plus I think the restaurant smells like the meat from dinner, and like whatever fuel they use to cook it all. There is so much more variety at CP, the restaurant is pretty, and it's awesome to be in the MK.
1993 Port Orleans FQ
1996 Caribbean Beach
2000 Coronado Springs (Honeymoon!)
2005 WL November kids first trip!
2007 Thanksgiving at BC with a discount and an upgrade!!!
2010 10th anniversary CL at BC
[img]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/b40ji5iy0ugptltb.png[/img]
klinlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 03:14 PM   #13
csarenz
Dad to 3 Disney Princesses

We really enjoyed CP the one time we did it, but we try to do O'Hana every time. For us, the difference is that family style is so much more relaxing with kids (our kids at least) then buffet. No one needs to be constantly getting up and getting more food. So we still get a character breakfast but we can enjoy it more together.
2007 - POFQ
2008 - CBR
2010, 2011 - BCV
csarenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 03:29 PM   #14
uagirl
Oh Toodles!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeeemouse View Post
If you had to choose between Ohana and Crystal Palace for breakfast, which would be your choice and why? Trying to do a breakfast for our Magic Kingdom day. Thank you
We did both on our most recent trip. CP is one of our must do's each trip. Ohana breakfast was just really slow. Food was good, character interaction was great, but the entire process from check-in to leaving took almost 3 hours. Way to slow with a 2 year old in tow.

Me-33 DH-33 Princess C-Bear-4 Princess C-Mouse - 4 months
uagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 04:59 PM   #15
DVC Kelly
Mouseketeer

DISboards Approved Advertiser

My vote would be for O'Hana, no disrespect to Pooh and his friends, but I preferred the food more at O'Hana. The bread to start the meal is delicious! Also a photo opportunity with Stitch seems rare, while Pooh and gang I can see at a Character Spot in Animal Kingdom.
Better Business Bureau Accredited: ..BBB

DVC Kelly is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: