Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-28-2012, 03:56 PM   #1
Rambler5678
DIS Veteran

Fantasy rooms on 10th floor

Has anyone every stayed in a room on the 10th floor? Did you hear a lot of noise from the pool area on the floor above? Was it a pain to get to other areas of the ship? Did you feel a lot of motion?

Thanks,
Old 10-28-2012, 04:02 PM   #2
castmbr
DIS Veteran

Just off fantasy room 10014. Loved the location. No noise from upstairs or anywhere. A lot of motion on the last two days but that was hurricane sandy. Prior to that motion didn't bother us at all.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-28-2012, 04:28 PM   #3
stitchandco
Earning My Ears

We were in 10564. There was a lot of noise from up above. Getting around the ship was no problem since we were right by the elevators and stairs. Great location for getting to deck 11. There was quite a bit of motion towards the end of our cruise but that was a tropical storm.
stitchandco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 04:29 PM   #4
Zeppelin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler5678 View Post
Has anyone every stayed in a room on the 10th floor? Did you hear a lot of noise from the pool area on the floor above? Was it a pain to get to other areas of the ship? Did you feel a lot of motion?

Thanks,
yes and yes...we were in 10554 on the 8/18 WC and the noise was consistently bothersome, most specifically in the early morning hours when the staff would drag chairs and other things around the pool deck to get ready for the day....i would invariably be awoken at 7AM every morning....we booked a cruise for next August and i booked a 9th deck room....the CM at the reservations desk admitted the noise filtering into 10th deck rooms is an issue and they receive a lot of complaints (there are a number of threads about it on this forum)....

we did not feel a speck of motion....our room was midship and very convenient so it was relatively easy moving around...
Old 10-28-2012, 05:16 PM   #5
darwinsrule
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeppelin

...i would invariably be awoken at 7AM every morning....we booked a cruise for next August and i booked a 9th deck room....the CM at the reservations desk admitted the noise filtering into 10th deck rooms is an issue and they receive a lot of complaints (there are a number of threads about it on this forum)....
Boy that sounds familiar although the noise was closer to 6 for us. For next March we went down to deck 8.
August'14 NCL Getaway ** March'15 Disney Wonder

Me DW DD9 DD5
darwinsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 05:23 PM   #6
Zeppelin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by darwinsrule View Post
Boy that sounds familiar although the noise was closer to 6 for us. For next March we went down to deck 8.
i really wanted to stay on 10 but didn't want the hassle of the noise waking me up....hope 9 will be fine....
Old 10-28-2012, 08:03 PM   #7
aaklang
Mouseketeer

We were in 10098 earlier this month. I thought there was a lot of noise from above - heard it anytime I was in my room with the TV off and the kids sleeping (or not there making their own noise). I noticed it a lot at night when I was reading and getting ready to go to sleep. It never kept me up at night and it never woke me in the morning, but I always noticed it. I found it somewhat annoying and would opt for deck 9 in the future.

I did like the location. Loved being close to Cabanas and the pool and not needing to take the elevator. Well situated between both midship and aft stairways. I never felt like I was too far from anything, even stuff down on decks two and three.

We did feel a lot of movement. This was my first time in the Caribbean and it was way more movement than I had ever felt before, other than our first night in Alaska out of Seattle. I took dramamine several times to avoid getting sick. We did have a couple days of rain, but it was not a tropical storm, hurricane, or anything like that. Just lots of rocking and rolling.

The only night noise was a major problem was pirate night. They blast music at the deck party until midnight. That was LOUD and I could not have fallen asleep (though my kids somehow did).
aaklang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 09:47 AM   #8
SLK1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler5678 View Post

Thanks,
We had this beef before on the classic ships, but had hoped they had fixed it on the new ships. My parents were in 10054 this past weekend and my dad mentioned how loud it was from the upstairs deck. Very disappointing.
Old 10-29-2012, 11:35 AM   #9
IBelieveInTheMagic
DIS Veteran

My Mom & I are in a deck 10 verandah for our 12/8 Fantasy sailing and I'm going in with the expectation we will hear noise. I'm hoping the trade off will be the overhang and a little extra protection from the sun or any rain. I just hope we aren't miserable the entire time!

Luckily my Mom is a hard sleeper and is also a little hard of hearing so this plays to her advantage whereas I'm the opposite - I can hear almost everything and I'm a very light sleeper. I've already bought me some earplugs and I'll bring a small battery powered fan with me and hope it's enough. I don't mind the noise starting at 7am as others mentioned since I'm usually up pretty early - but the all hours of the day/night worry me.

Good luck to us!
Heather
WDW: 11/2008 (MVMCP), 9-10/2009 (MNSSHP, F&W, Pirates Pal Cruise & Pirates League), 4/2010 (Flower & Garden Festival & Jedi Training), 10/2010 (MNSSHP & F&W), 6/2011 (SWW & Universal Studios), 11/2011 Girls Trip (MVMCP & Osborne Lights), 6/2012 and 11/2012 (Osborne Lights), and WDW/MNSSHP 10/2013.
DCL (Gold!): 6/2012 (KSC & Dream), 8/2012 Dream, 12/2012 Fantasy (Mom & I), 6/2013 Wonder(Alaska!), 9/2013 Dream (girls cruise) & 12/2013 Dream (girls cruise), 1/2014 Magic, & 4/2014 Fantasy Next: 9/2014 (Dream for my Mom), 4/2015 Wonder & 6/2015 (Magic-Europe)
IBelieveInTheMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 11:52 AM   #10
Zeppelin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBelieveInTheMagic View Post
My Mom & I are in a deck 10 verandah for our 12/8 Fantasy sailing and I'm going in with the expectation we will hear noise. I'm hoping the trade off will be the overhang and a little extra protection from the sun or any rain. I just hope we aren't miserable the entire time!

Luckily my Mom is a hard sleeper and is also a little hard of hearing so this plays to her advantage whereas I'm the opposite - I can hear almost everything and I'm a very light sleeper. I've already bought me some earplugs and I'll bring a small battery powered fan with me and hope it's enough. I don't mind the noise starting at 7am as others mentioned since I'm usually up pretty early - but the all hours of the day/night worry me.

Good luck to us!
Heather
i'm a light sleeper as well and had earplugs- didn't help....falling asleep at night was not a problem as we didn't get in until later and were really tired...being awoken in the early morning was really annoying...
Old 10-29-2012, 12:18 PM   #11
RN_Mom
Mouseketeer

We stayed deck 10 on Tue dream and Sept and while we noticed noise it was never loud. My husband who is a VERY light sleeper had no problems sleeping. In fact he loved that deck because of the overhang on the veranda

RN_Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 01:20 PM   #12
castmbr
DIS Veteran

I really think it depends where in deck ten you are. We just got back from fantasy sat. Room 10014 about 6-10 rooms from the front and the location was great. Very quiet, overhang.
Old 10-30-2012, 10:59 PM   #13
RHreha
Earning My Ears

We were on Deck 10 between the two stairwells and the noise from above was pretty bad. Because it is below the family pool area you hear running and when the chairs are drug across the deck. I would say under the adult pool area would be okay but avoid being under the pools with kids.
RHreha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 04:58 AM   #14
tinkerbell 766
If I can't fly, let me sing. Or, in other words if I can't be in Disney, let me talk about it !
DLRP is quite simply my spiritual home

We have room 10018 in June. It appears to be below the Arrcade and Cabana's. I guess we need to expect a bit of noise, but don't think it will trouble us too much. My husband and son are very heavy sleepers and I will be happy to be woken early and have some quiet time on the veranda or ship on my own.
Has anybody stayed in 10018?

tinkerbell 766 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 07:54 AM   #15
Bear3412
DIS Veteran

For those considering connecting rooms on deck 10, 1/3 of the verandas do not connect. Call DCL to figure out which ones do connect, and even that may be frugal.
Bear3412 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: