Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-25-2012, 10:40 AM   #1
JustADreamAway
Earning My Ears

Exclamation Too many reservations...What would you keep?

I'm leaving for my trip in 2 weeks and was just going through all our reservations today and realized I had more than we have DP credits for. We are staying 6 Nights/7 Days so we have 6 TS credits to use. I already budgeted to pay for CP Dining Package OOP, but now after making all the other reservations I am trying to figure out if I should keep them all and pay OOP for the cheapest ones or just keep some of them.

Here is what we have:

12/11- Dinner at Ohana- we have been here before, but really enjoy this meal

12/12- CP Lunch at Biergarten (OOP)
12/12- Dinner at Coral Reef (never been before)

12/13- Dinner at Yak & Yeti (never been before)

12/14- Lunch at Sci-Fi (we've been before, but there isn't really anywhere else to eat at HS)
12/14- Dinner at California Grill (2 TS credits, but we've never been before and wanted to give it a try before the refurb next year)

12/15- Dinner at Via Napoli ( never been before, but have heard great things)

12/16- Breakfast at Crystal Palace (it is tradition for us to have breakfast here on every trip, so we really want to keep this)

So I have reservations for 8 Credits worth of meals (not counting OOP lunch at Biergarten) and only 6 credits to use. I wouldnt mind paying for some of them OOP, but I don't want to have a ton of CS credits left over either (even though the dining plan was free) Any help/suggestions would be great!! Thank you!

...There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, just a dream away...
2012-Art of Animation/Pop Century 2012- Pop Century 2012-Port Orleans Riverside 2011-Pop Century 2010-All Star Movies 2009-Animal Kingdom Lodge 2006-Caribbean Beach Resort 2001-Caribbean Beach Resort 1998-Contemporary Resort 1996- Polynesian Resort 1993- Polynesian Resort 1991- Disney Inn
JustADreamAway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 10:41 AM   #2
freshmanjs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustADreamAway View Post
I'm leaving for my trip in 2 weeks and was just going through all our reservations today and realized I had more than we have DP credits for. We are staying 6 Nights/7 Days so we have 6 TS credits to use. I already budgeted to pay for CP Dining Package OOP, but now after making all the other reservations I am trying to figure out if I should keep them all and pay OOP for the cheapest ones or just keep some of them.

Here is what we have:

12/11- Dinner at Ohana- we have been here before, but really enjoy this meal

12/12- CP Lunch at Biergarten (OOP)
12/12- Dinner at Coral Reef (never been before)

12/13- Dinner at Yak & Yeti (never been before)

12/14- Lunch at Sci-Fi (we've been before, but there isn't really anywhere else to eat at HS)
12/14- Dinner at California Grill (2 TS credits, but we've never been before and wanted to give it a try before the refurb next year)

12/15- Dinner at Via Napoli ( never been before, but have heard great things)

12/16- Breakfast at Crystal Palace (it is tradition for us to have breakfast here on every trip, so we really want to keep this)

So I have reservations for 8 Credits worth of meals (not counting OOP lunch at Biergarten) and only 6 credits to use. I wouldnt mind paying for some of them OOP, but I don't want to have a ton of CS credits left over either (even though the dining plan was free) Any help/suggestions would be great!! Thank you!
I'd suggest dropping coral reef. that place is terrible. seriously, one of the worst restaurants i've ever been to (WDW or elsewhere).
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-25-2012, 10:49 AM   #3
robinb
DIS Veteran

Do a back of the envelope calculation and plan to pay OOP for the cheapest two. I think that would probably be your SciFi lunch and Via Napoli, but one might be your last day's breakfast.

The cheapest one to pay OOP for *might* be California Grill which will free up 2 TS credits so make sure to include that in your calculations.

If I were to drop two, they would be the SciFi Lunch because it's not a whole lot better than the CS restaurants at DHS and the Coral Reef because you are likely to still be full from your German buffet experience.

Last edited by robinb; 11-25-2012 at 10:54 AM.
robinb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 10:52 AM   #4
Kevin1281
Earning My Ears

Your plan looks great, JustADreamAway! I'd be interested in hearing what people have to say, as I have 'Ohana, Coral Reef, Via Napoli and Crystal Palace on my list of possibilities for our trip next year.
Kevin1281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 10:54 AM   #5
DisneyLvr55
The thing swooped down, hit me in the face with its wing, scooped up my dog, and flew away

If it were me, I'd drop Coral Reef, and pick a good QS place in the World Showcase instead.

If you really want to do Coral Reef because you haven't done it yet, then I would suggest paying OOP for Sci-Fi.
DisneyLvr55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 10:56 AM   #6
nkereina
Wendy Darling

If you are going to pay OOP for any, I would suggest paying OOP at Via Napoli. When you order there on DDP, they restrict what you can order if you want the pizza which is the most popular thing to order there. It's also cheapest to pay OOP for breakfasts, and I bet Sci Fi lunch would be fairly inexpensive also.

If you are going to drop any, I would drop Coral Reef or Yak & Yeti. I wasn't wowed by either of these, and Coral Reef gets consistently bad reviews. I prefer Tusker House at AK.
nkereina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 11:00 AM   #7
haPevraftr
DIS Veteran

I would move Coral Reef to the night that you are going to Via Napoli and cancel Via Napoli. I think that you are going to feel like you are really rushed on your CP day if you do 2 TS meals and CP. I know we would feel like we didn't have time to do anything else.
Visited WDW many times as a child; Engagement trip OKW '01 ; Disneyland '04 and '05; Off-site '06 and '07 ; Pop Century '08 ; POFQ '09 ; ASMo '10 ; CSR '11 ; AKL/SVR '12 ;NYE '12-'13 WBC Easter '13, SLR/CBR ;Thanksgiving '13, VVP; April '14, WBC; WBC Spring Break 2015
haPevraftr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 11:05 AM   #8
KrazeeK120
DIS Veteran

I would drop Sci-Fi. That is the worst place I've ever eaten in WDW.

You can grab good CS food at the Backlot Express in the Studios. I go there every time I am in that park and am never disappointed.

It looks like you need to dump 2 Table Service choices, so I'd probably also ditch Coral Reef. There are lots of good places to get CS food in Epcot.
Old 11-25-2012, 11:10 AM   #9
kris4360
DIS Veteran

Our best meal was at Coral Reef. Sci-fi is great for the atmosphere bit the food wasn't too good. 50's prime time is really good.
kris4360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 11:17 AM   #10
suemom2kay
DIS Veteran

I would dump whatever meals at a second table service restaurant on the same day...

I would dump Coral Reef if you are set on going to Biergarten. Biergarten is a lot of food.

I would also dump SciFi on the day you are going to Cali Grill.

Otherwise do some rearranging and try to stick with one TS per day.

Personally, being from the Northeast I see no appeal to a pizza joing (i.e. Via Napoli) gourmet or otherwise. But perhaps, that is a treat depending on what part of the country you're from.

suemom2kay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 12:11 PM   #11
Pakey

I'm not a rookie
I got 2 dogs. I joined the Dis.

I would dump Coral Reef. After Biergarten for lunch I wouldn't want another TS; I'd grab CS or a snack before CP. Coral Reef seats so far behind and has such slow service that I wouldn't want to waste my time before CP.

If you decide to keep them all, pay OOP at Sci Fi.
Pakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 12:33 PM   #12
North of Mouse
DIS Veteran

I would definitely dump Coral Reef and SciFi.

Also, no fancy pizza place (and prices) for me, I can get the best pizza around here for lots less.
North of Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 01:23 PM   #13
Belle83
DIS Veteran

Based on what you said, I would keep at least these:
- California Grill
- Crystal Palace
- Via Napoli
- Yak & Yeti

That's 5 credits right there (I know you'll have 6). If you want to pay out of pocket for a meal, I think the 2TS dinners are actually are a better value OOP? Depends what you order though.
Belle83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 01:43 PM   #14
Time Traveler
the best around

I'd drop Sci-Fi or Coral Reef, I've eaten at both and I wasn't too impressed.

Sci-Fi's atmosphere is neat at first though the service is slow (well, it was when I went) and eventually the trailer loop repeats itself. At that point you're just eating overpriced food in a restaurant with very strange seating. Hollywood Studios' quick service restaurants aren't anything special (similar food to what they service at Sci-Fi) though they'll suffice as long as you avoid ABC Commissary.

Coral Reef has the aquariums to look at (if you're close to them) though even that can get old after a while. The meal I had here was pretty mediocre as well. Epcot has quite a few excellent quick service restaurants.
Old 11-25-2012, 01:54 PM   #15
princessallegra
They call me Mrs. Disney

Drop sci fi for sure. The experience is cool, but we found the cars filthy and the food medicore. And we just got burgers and fries, not too hard to do.

ASMU '95WL '05POP/POFQ '06ASMU '07POLY CL '09WL CL June '10ASMu Suite Nov '10CSR June '11POR Princess 1/2 '12ASp/CSR/AKL '12 ToT 10 Miler CSR '13
princessallegra is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: