Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-28-2012, 12:41 PM   #1
Tara619
Mouseketeer

I think we're going to fly in to MCO the night before our cruise in June. I'm researching costs of a one way car rental from the airport to a PC hotel. Country Inn & Suites and Radisson don't seem to have complimentary breakfasts or shuttles to port. Basically I'm having a hard time finding information to help me make a decision.

Also, a one way car rental seems to be $80. Is that right? Still cheaper than $35x3 for the DCL bus. Seems high to me. Any advice or tips are appreciated. (it's just me, DH, and DS7 coming from Cleveland 6/21/13 for the 7 day Western Caribbean that leaves 6/22).

June 27-July 4, 2015 Disney Fantasy
June 22-29, 2013 Disney Fantasy
June 9-15, 2009 All Star Movies
April 10-17, 2004 Disney Magic
May 30-June 2, 2002 Disney Wonder
Tara619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 01:14 PM   #2
sumeto
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara619 View Post
I think we're going to fly in to MCO the night before our cruise in June. I'm researching costs of a one way car rental from the airport to a PC hotel. Country Inn & Suites and Radisson don't seem to have complimentary breakfasts or shuttles to port. Basically I'm having a hard time finding information to help me make a decision.

Also, a one way car rental seems to be $80. Is that right? Still cheaper than $35x3 for the DCL bus. Seems high to me. Any advice or tips are appreciated. (it's just me, DH, and DS7 coming from Cleveland 6/21/13 for the 7 day Western Caribbean that leaves 6/22).
We stayed at Country Inn & Suites and did a one way Hertz as it was next door to the Hotel. We had free breakfast and I think it was small fee for the shuttle like $3.00 but we were there for 3 days so they took us to the ship for free.
sumeto is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-28-2012, 02:28 PM   #3
Tara619
Mouseketeer

Thanks so much! I just book the country inn and suites with the AAA discount and a Hertz rental with the AAA discount.

Old 10-28-2012, 04:39 PM   #4
lucas
°o°

Country Inn and Suites has free breakfast for all rooms.

lucas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 05:59 PM   #5
kcashner
DIS Veteran

$80 is way more than we usually pay for a full sized car. In fact the only time I paid that much was when I needed a van.

Discount rental codes are available at rentalcodes.com and mousesavers.com. We usually pay between $30 and $50 for a full sized car including all taxes and fees. Then add about $15 for gas and tolls.

CI&S used to have free breakfast for all reservations....we haven't stayed at the port for a couple years, so I'd call to confirm or get more current info from someone here. Residence Inn also has free breakfast.

Um....if you have a rental car, do you need a free shuttle? The car places all have free shuttles back to the port.

SO, if you fly in on Friday for a Sat cruise, you pay for a 24 hour car rental (it isn't per calendar day). Cost is the same whether you keep the car 2 hours or 22 hours. Sat morning you get up, have breakfast, and take your pick of having everyone go to the car place or driver taking the gang and luggage to the port and then returning the car. It works both ways. Return car and get on car place shuttle back to the port.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 07:13 PM   #6
2Princess&aPrince
no matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep on believing...the dreams that you wish will come true!

Not sure about the car rental as we always drive to the port. However, we just booked a kids family suite for our night before our cruise at the Country Inn & Suites Cape Canaveral (where we always stay the night before) and they have a great free breakfast for everyone. Muffins, juice, coffee, cereal, waffles, etc. a great start before we head to the Disney terminal. Can't wait!

Disney Magic - November 15-22, 2008
Disney Magic - October 30-Nov. 6, 2010
Disney Fantasy - February 9-16, 2013
Disney Wonder - February 2-7, 2014
Disney Fantasy - May 9-16, 2015

2Princess&aPrince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 07:49 PM   #7
Tara619
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcashner
$80 is way more than we usually pay for a full sized car. In fact the only time I paid that much was when I needed a van.

Discount rental codes are available at rentalcodes.com and mousesavers.com. We usually pay between $30 and $50 for a full sized car including all taxes and fees. Then add about $15 for gas and tolls.

CI&S used to have free breakfast for all reservations....we haven't stayed at the port for a couple years, so I'd call to confirm or get more current info from someone here. Residence Inn also has free breakfast.

Um....if you have a rental car, do you need a free shuttle? The car places all have free shuttles back to the port.

SO, if you fly in on Friday for a Sat cruise, you pay for a 24 hour car rental (it isn't per calendar day). Cost is the same whether you keep the car 2 hours or 22 hours. Sat morning you get up, have breakfast, and take your pick of having everyone go to the car place or driver taking the gang and luggage to the port and then returning the car. It works both ways. Return car and get on car place shuttle back to the port.
Thanks, I was confused why the price was the same whether we turned in the car Friday night or Saturday morning. I ended up getting a mid size through Hertz with a AAA rate of $50 ($67 after fees and taxes). I checked mousesavers too and they said the AAA Hertz rate is the best. So since its the same price, we'll just return the car in the morning and take the shuttle to port. I appreciate the help!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: