Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-01-2012, 09:26 AM   #106
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Are all these complaints for the LM rooms and not the suites? If the suites aren't having the same issues, it could just be some kind of kink they need to work out.

Stinks that it happens to you, but how else are they going to find it? Those rooms haven't been open long, and this is the first thread I've seen complaining about it.
Old 11-01-2012, 07:03 PM   #107
PlainJane
It was wonderful both times
I only throw pillows

I'm a cold natured person. It's possible that you've spotted me in the parks, I'm that odd person wearing jeans and a cardigan in 80 something degree weather. I, generally, keep my AC at 74-76 depending on the day's humidity. My mother on the other hand likes it to be 72 or lower, so when we go on vacation I try to let her control the thermostat and just wear layers.

So, when we stayed at AKL this summer we had it set at 72 at first and I was HOT! We had to knock it down to at least 70 maybe lower. We may have been stopped from making it cooler than 68, can't remember. I can't imagine that the thermostat was right about it being 72. And, it's not like I'm just not used to the humidity or something, I've been going to Florida since I was 4 and Virginia can get pretty humid too.

So, if you get a room with a thermometer that's off by a few degrees on the thermostat, having a 68 minimum would be a problem. The thermostat where I live is off by about 4 degrees, but it's not a big deal because I just take that into account when I set it (mine says it's hotter than it is).

I can understand Disney wanting to set a minimum. I think 68 is too high, but even if they made it 60, there are still going to be some people that think that's too high. I honestly don't know what the compromise figure should be. I've never had a problem with the motion sensor. Maybe we just move in our sleep a lot.

OP: Did you ever stop by the front desk?
PlainJane is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-01-2012, 10:03 PM   #108
Robbi
DIS Veteran

Has anyone called maintenance? Sorry I just read the first page. We had a problem like this several years ago-can't remember which resort- and maintenance came and fiddled with something in the thermostat. We were able to keep the room very chilly. I have episodes of sleep apnea that get worse in anything but a chilled room.
Robbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 06:17 AM   #109
cavepig
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbi View Post
Has anyone called maintenance? Sorry I just read the first page. We had a problem like this several years ago-can't remember which resort- and maintenance came and fiddled with something in the thermostat. We were able to keep the room very chilly. I have episodes of sleep apnea that get worse in anything but a chilled room.
Yes, we did and as I posted earlier he didn't do anything and suggested the balloon, which we already read about and tried and it didn't do anything. He said it senses motion and that was all he did.

There has been other threads on this because I read about them before I left.

Resorts: Fort Wilderness Cabins, Fort Wilderness Campsite, Port Orleans Riverside (aka Dixie Landings), All-Star Movies, POP Century, Art of Animation - Little Mermaid.
Run Disney: Expedition Everest Challenge May 2014

cavepig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 12:08 PM   #110
Robbi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavepig View Post
Yes, we did and as I posted earlier he didn't do anything and suggested the balloon, which we already read about and tried and it didn't do anything. He said it senses motion and that was all he did.

Sorry, I missed that you had posted this. Because of the ac issue, we will not e staying at AoA. Too bad because we had thought about booking it.
Old 11-03-2012, 08:31 PM   #111
dcibrando
DIS Veteran

Something I thought about today....if Disney wanted to be more green they should look at how badly these doors in the rooms seal to the outside (I have a ton of light coming in from the outside and can feel the air coming in ALOT in places)

Also while standing in line for the tomorrowland speedway getting high off gas fumes, the green thought come to mind as well lol
dcibrando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 09:08 PM   #112
jenrose66
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jillianv29 View Post
Wow, guess its just me but that seems pretty cool.
I thought the same thing. We were there in August and I never tried to lower it past 68 and that felt chilly to me. We had it set to 72 or 74 in the evening.
Old 11-03-2012, 09:49 PM   #113
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavepig View Post

Do you remember what they're called?

Not having any luck with the search function. This is the first one I've seen, and they've only been open a month.
Old 11-03-2012, 11:38 PM   #114
Mickey Gator
WDW Veteran

We really love our room cold and it would be a bummer to wake up sweating at WDW.
Old 11-04-2012, 05:19 AM   #115
dcibrando
DIS Veteran

I woke up 6 times sweating last night alone and had to turn the fan on the unit to circulate air (although it eventually cuts off)
dcibrando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 06:11 AM   #116
lovingeire
DIS Veteran

Do you know if this is the suites as well? We're staying in a suite next month and my husband's body temperature is always very hot. My youngest son is the same way. I hope through complaints they resolve the issue.

DL Native=Too many trips to count!DLP: 1998Tokyo Disney 2000
Disney Magic - 3/2014
DW: 4/1995 - Off Site; 12/2009 - CBR (DH & DS1's 1st trip!); 12/2012 - AoA Cars Suite (DS2's 1st trip!); 5/2013 - Pop AEP; 8/2013 - WL; 1/2015 - CR
lovingeire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 06:27 AM   #117
shinysparklybubbles
DIS Veteran

The only issues we had was it was hotter over where the Murphy bed was. Regular bed and sofa bed must have gotten all the air.
Old 11-04-2012, 12:42 PM   #118
Robbi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcibrando View Post
I woke up 6 times sweating last night alone and had to turn the fan on the unit to circulate air (although it eventually cuts off)
This is uacceptable. I would go and talk to someone. Then when you get home, send an email to Disney guest relations. You can reach them through this link:
http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/contact/
Old 11-04-2012, 12:48 PM   #119
dvcterry
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyMomma View Post
Wow. You all like it cold! I never have my air set lower than 74.
Me too.
Old 11-04-2012, 03:36 PM   #120
Robbi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvcterry View Post
Me too.
When I was younger I was cold all the time too. Once hot flashes and night sweats started though, I was amazed at how fast I can go from comfortable to feeling like I'm on fire. It's hard for those who haven't experienced this to understand.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: