Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Other Lands > Australia
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-10-2012, 11:37 PM   #76
ColinA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travel Mum View Post
I'm pleased to see that it's not quite as simple as people make out it to be because it still confuses me heaps!!
It is simple, just have enough points!
ColinA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:51 AM   #77
Travel Mum
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColinA View Post
It is simple, just have enough points!
Disneyland and DCA - May 2006 - our children's first Disney trip
Disneyland - May 1996
Disneyland - March 1995 - for our 1st wedding anniversary celebration trip
Disneyland lots of times 78-80, 82-86 and 92-93 when I lived in L.A.
Travel Mum is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-11-2012, 02:10 AM   #78
australiankaren
I do love me my free H20...thank you Mickey.....DVC member BLT & VB....I HATE #MYDISNEYEXPERIENCE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travel Mum View Post
yep...i know...but when i get more points i then spend them and then need more points....its an expensive habit I have....and he so wants to stay in a 1 bedder..we'd have plenty if we stayed in a studio..but NOOOOOOO..he wants to stay in a bigger villa...why you ask??? I dont know!!! I do the laundry so its not that..we dont cook when we are there....so why??? why????
australiankaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 05:31 PM   #79
marvel
DIS Veteran

Does anyone book DVC rooms that have more that a queen bed and a queen sofa bed? I am looking for future trips say 2014 and would want the kids to have their own beds by that stage. Other than paying over $600 a night for 2 bedroom suites, I couldn't find any rooms that even had two single beds, only queen sofas.

Anyone with larger families or older children use DVC for their trips??
marvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 05:45 PM   #80
ColinA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvel View Post
Does anyone book DVC rooms that have more that a queen bed and a queen sofa bed? I am looking for future trips say 2014 and would want the kids to have their own beds by that stage. Other than paying over $600 a night for 2 bedroom suites, I couldn't find any rooms that even had two single beds, only queen sofas.

Maybe book two studio rooms, then one could use the bed, the other the sofa.
ColinA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 05:52 PM   #81
Mattandben
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvel

Hi. We used our DVC points to book a 2 bedroom at both the BWV and OKW. I found that OKW was much more roomy and the kids had two queen beds. I have a 16 year old daughter and 2 sons 14 and 11. They took turns each night as to who would sleep on their own. Loved our stay there.
Old 12-11-2012, 06:53 PM   #82
australiankaren
I do love me my free H20...thank you Mickey.....DVC member BLT & VB....I HATE #MYDISNEYEXPERIENCE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattandben View Post
Hi. We used our DVC points to book a 2 bedroom at both the BWV and OKW. I found that OKW was much more roomy and the kids had two queen beds. I have a 16 year old daughter and 2 sons 14 and 11. They took turns each night as to who would sleep on their own. Loved our stay there.
trying to convince DH re a OKW stay..but he now wants to try WLV instead..so saving OKW for the next next trip...I heard so many great reports re OKW...is it really that great???why dont we hear more about it???
Old 12-11-2012, 06:58 PM   #83
Mattandben
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by australiankaren

trying to convince DH re a OKW stay..but he now wants to try WLV instead..so saving OKW for the next next trip...I heard so many great reports re OKW...is it really that great???why dont we hear more about it???
We really loved it. We just came back from the Caribbean cruise and we felt like it was so tropical and cosy. We were near one of the pools and the layout of the resort was really nice. The bus service was also so much better than BWV. I can only compare to BWV at this time but if I was to choose between the two I would go back to OKW. ❤
Old 12-11-2012, 07:04 PM   #84
australiankaren

Quote:
We really loved it. We just came back from the Caribbean cruise and we felt like it was so tropical and cosy. We were near one of the pools and the layout of the resort was really nice. The bus service was also so much better than BWV. I can only compare to BWV at this time but if I was to choose between the two I would go back to OKW. ❤
thats interesting cause we are trying to get a 1 brm @ BWV for a week in sept..maybe if we cant do that we can try OKW 1 brm.....what are the pools like..and we'll have our own hire car so buses etc dont matter...what about food court etc..all the important things funny i just looked up points OKW is 157, BWV is 154......

how about distances to parks..??? i hear you can boat it to DTD???
Old 12-11-2012, 07:11 PM   #85
Mattandben
Earning My Ears

Quote:

thats interesting cause we are trying to get a 1 brm @ BWV for a week in sept..maybe if we cant do that we can try OKW 1 brm.....what are the pools like..and we'll have our own hire car so buses etc dont matter...what about food court etc..all the important things funny i just looked up points OKW is 157, BWV is 154......

how about distances to parks..??? i hear you can boat it to DTD???
The pools were really nice and the surroundings were gorgeous. The Olivia's restaurant is ok nothing special. They do have a quick service that we liked and the bar on the deck was nice.
I have to say the distance to the parks was good as we didn't need to stop at other resorts on the way.
The boat ride to DTD is beautiful. On one night when we were coming back from DTD we had the best ride. Full moon, lightning in the sky and fireworks from Epcot's 30 years ❤. I will never forget that.
Old 12-11-2012, 07:18 PM   #86
australiankaren

Quote:
The pools were really nice and the surroundings were gorgeous. The Olivia's restaurant is ok nothing special. They do have a quick service that we liked and the bar on the deck was nice.
I have to say the distance to the parks was good as we didn't need to stop at other resorts on the way.
The boat ride to DTD is beautiful. On one night when we were coming back from DTD we had the best ride. Full moon, lightning in the sky and fireworks from Epcot's 30 years ❤. I will never forget that.
awesome! i can now relax if we dont get BWV I have an option......thanks mate...did you notice how far away the parking is from the villas???
Old 12-11-2012, 07:34 PM   #87
Mattandben
Earning My Ears

Quote:

awesome! i can now relax if we dont get BWV I have an option......thanks mate...did you notice how far away the parking is from the villas???
No problem . You can park your car directly outside the villa. Good luck with your planning.
Old 12-11-2012, 07:49 PM   #88
australiankaren

Quote:
No problem . You can park your car directly outside the villa. Good luck with your planning.
so where are you staying this time around????
Old 12-11-2012, 07:55 PM   #89
Mattandben
Earning My Ears

Quote:

so where are you staying this time around????
We are planning for a 2014 trip. We are waiting for the later part of 2014 cruise itineraries to be released. We are hoping to do a 5 night cruise, a GCV stay and then stay at Aulani on the way back home. We just bought Aulani so want to try it out if all goes well. When is your trip?
Old 12-11-2012, 08:01 PM   #90
australiankaren

Quote:
We are planning for a 2014 trip. We are waiting for the later part of 2014 cruise itineraries to be released. We are hoping to do a 5 night cruise, a GCV stay and then stay at Aulani on the way back home. We just bought Aulani so want to try it out if all goes well. When is your trip?
we are doing GCH 8 nights in feb, picked up some awesome flights $850 rtn syd-lax with qantas , so had to take them then sept we are doing a back to back cruise on freedom of the seas, 7 nights wdw @ BWV or OKW then after the cruise 4 nights for food and wine fest staying hopefully WLV......

we did 9 nights at aulani last feb ......fan bl00dy tastic....make sure you have a hire car, its about 30 min drive outside honolulu, but freeways are huge so easy trip....we didnt want to leave the resort, hung by the pool most of the time, right on the beach..paradise.....will go back maybe feb 2015 when my BLT/VB points come back

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: