Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Other Lands > Australia
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-31-2012, 11:40 PM   #31
australiankaren
I do love me my free H20...thank you Mickey.....DVC member BLT & VB....I HATE #MYDISNEYEXPERIENCE
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 3,498

so looking at whats on offer for BWV

W300-06-1010 Boardwalk Villas-$63/pt. 300 June $550.00 0 $18,900.00
36 points currently available and 300 points coming on 6/1/13. No annual dues until 2013. Priced at $63 per point.

BW250-12-0913-1 Boardwalk Villas-$64/pt. 250 December $525.00 0 $16,000.00
250 points coming on 12/1/13 and 250 points coming on 2/1/14. Priced at $64 per point.

BW220-10-0928 Boardwalk Villas-$65/pt. 220 October $500.00 0 $14,300.00
220 points coming on 10/1/13 and 220 points coming on 10/1/14. Priced at $65 per point.

BW222-08-1018 Boardwalk Villas-$66/pt. 222 August $500.00 0 $14,652.00
195 points currently available and 222 points coming on 8/1/13. NO ANNUAL DUES UNTIL 2013. Priced at $66 per point.

BW210-06-1019 Boardwalk Villas-$67/pt. 210 June $500.00 0 5 $14,070.00
215 points currently available (210 + 5 banked points from 2011, banked points need to be used by 6/1/13) and 210 points coming on 6/1/13. NO ANNUAL DUES UNTIL 2013. Priced at $67 per point.

they seem to be selling at $64-$67 a point....a lot of the time they have no points in this UY...and also check the month if you plan on buying more than one lot. Easier to manage/bank when the same month.

they also seem to be having a no annual dues sale, so that will save you a bit of $$$...
australiankaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 11:52 PM   #32
ColinA
DIS Veteran
 
ColinA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Central Coast, Australia and The Boardwalk
Posts: 552

Need to be careful with ones with the points used, if the points are used for the current use year it is worth less.

The last resale we bought last year was 300 points and had 300 banked points and the full allotment of use year points at $67 per point. What a bargain.

Sometimes it pays to be patient!

When the listing says no annual dues until 2013 this will be payable mid January by the time the contract gets through. An extra cost to factor in.
ColinA is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 11-01-2012, 04:30 AM   #33
Tashinwdw
Holidays at WDW - closest I will ever get to being a Princess
 
Tashinwdw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 430

AustralianKaren, I think I will have to hire you as my travel agent, the information is fantastic. If only the kids will give me some peace so I can sort it all out in my little (getting bigger everyday) spreadsheet. Have called to make an enquiry on one but it had sold. Will make more calls in the morning.

ColinA we had noticed the ones that had some banked points which as you said would be the best bargain so keeping an eye out for those at our preferred resort for the time of year we want.

I have a DH and DS11 free weekend ahead so hope to really get myself organised. There are so many factors to this spreadsheet it will be bigger than ever, not sure if it will make sense to anyone though
__________________
New South Wales, Australia

Disneyland & WDW 1996 WDW at Boardwalk 2012
Bring on 2014 WDW, DCL and Disneyland YAY!
Tashinwdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 04:42 AM   #34
ColinA
DIS Veteran
 
ColinA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Central Coast, Australia and The Boardwalk
Posts: 552

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tashinwdw View Post
AustralianKaren, I think I will have to hire you as my travel agent, the information is fantastic. If only the kids will give me some peace so I can sort it all out in my little (getting bigger everyday) spreadsheet. Have called to make an enquiry on one but it had sold. Will make more calls in the morning.

ColinA we had noticed the ones that had some banked points which as you said would be the best bargain so keeping an eye out for those at our preferred resort for the time of year we want.

I have a DH and DS11 free weekend ahead so hope to really get myself organised. There are so many factors to this spreadsheet it will be bigger than ever, not sure if it will make sense to anyone though

What you can bank on as the value of the points is $10 to $12 a point, US dollars, you lose some in the conversion to australia while the dollar is high. If the contract points have been used up this is going to make the points you buy worth less. In my case where it had 300 banked points I rented out and got $3,000.00 or there abouts.

Keep in mind you will have to pay annual dues based on what the No. of points in your use year. If it is the BWV you will pay this until 2042

Lots of info I would be investigating before you commit, may not suit you.

Last edited by ColinA; 11-01-2012 at 06:40 AM.
ColinA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 06:16 AM   #35
cola
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 369

How much do DVC points sell for direct from Disney?
__________________
Phew, finally all five castles... TOKYO x1 HONG KONG x1 ORLANDO x8 ANAHEIM x4 PARIS x1
cola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 06:52 AM   #36
ColinA
DIS Veteran
 
ColinA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Central Coast, Australia and The Boardwalk
Posts: 552

Quote:
Originally Posted by cola View Post
How much do DVC points sell for direct from Disney?
WAMUM0F4 would be able to answer that, They have just bought new points.


Have a read of this thread.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3015476
ColinA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 08:05 AM   #37
WAMUMOF4
DIS Veteran
 
WAMUMOF4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,886

Not sure if i want to post this after seeing Karen's calculations but the points were selling for $135 a point but with the discount they gave us for the cruise it worked out to approx $121 per point I must point out we are very happy to have have bought from Disney and would most defiantly be buying direct when we add on the process was so simple
__________________
Disneyland July 2010 Disneyworld August 2011
2012 Disneyland, DCL Magic, WDW, Disneyland
WAMUMOF4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 04:21 PM   #38
ColinA
DIS Veteran
 
ColinA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Central Coast, Australia and The Boardwalk
Posts: 552

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAMUMOF4 View Post
Not sure if i want to post this after seeing Karen's calculations but the points were selling for $135 a point but with the discount they gave us for the cruise it worked out to approx $121 per point I must point out we are very happy to have have bought from Disney and would most defiantly be buying direct when we add on the process was so simple
Keep in mind you get the full allotment of points, no closing costs (unless it has changed) and Disney will accept Amex for payment.
ColinA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 04:44 PM   #39
australiankaren
I do love me my free H20...thank you Mickey.....DVC member BLT & VB....I HATE #MYDISNEYEXPERIENCE
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 3,498

we enjoyed buying direct from disney

great experience.....but I also like to save some $$$$$, so will do both in future..we were tempted to get WLV on out last trip.....
australiankaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 08:03 PM   #40
WAMUMOF4
DIS Veteran
 
WAMUMOF4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,886

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColinA View Post
Keep in mind you get the full allotment of points, no closing costs (unless it has changed) and Disney will accept Amex for payment.
Yes we got 330 points which i have banked and all the deposit,payments etc are coming of of our Amex card which gives us FF points bottom line is we would not have purchased without Disney finance and i could only dream of being able to buy i never thought DH would go for it but one of the things he likes which a lot of people don't care about is that we can use our points for cruises and RCI exchange whilst we know its not the best use of points it is still what we want to do we plan on using our points for Europe in 2015.
We also only had a part payment of dues, no closing costs and a $500 Disney gift card and we purchased Aulaini not sure if there have been resales on those points yet.
__________________
Disneyland July 2010 Disneyworld August 2011
2012 Disneyland, DCL Magic, WDW, Disneyland
WAMUMOF4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 08:19 PM   #41
australiankaren
I do love me my free H20...thank you Mickey.....DVC member BLT & VB....I HATE #MYDISNEYEXPERIENCE
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 3,498

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAMUMOF4 View Post
Yes we got 330 points which i have banked and all the deposit,payments etc are coming of of our Amex card which gives us FF points bottom line is we would not have purchased without Disney finance and i could only dream of being able to buy i never thought DH would go for it but one of the things he likes which a lot of people don't care about is that we can use our points for cruises and RCI exchange whilst we know its not the best use of points it is still what we want to do we plan on using our points for Europe in 2015.
We also only had a part payment of dues, no closing costs and a $500 Disney gift card and we purchased Aulaini not sure if there have been resales on those points yet.
you bought aulani??? I didnt know....

oh the things i would do with 330 points.......stay 1 night in each resort.....over and over and over again
australiankaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 08:27 PM   #42
WAMUMOF4
DIS Veteran
 
WAMUMOF4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,886

Quote:
Originally Posted by australiankaren View Post
you bought aulani??? I didnt know....

oh the things i would do with 330 points.......stay 1 night in each resort.....over and over and over again
The idea is its less expensive to get to Hawaii and we could go for just a week in DH's week off
The contracts are also 5 years longer at Aulani
__________________
Disneyland July 2010 Disneyworld August 2011
2012 Disneyland, DCL Magic, WDW, Disneyland
WAMUMOF4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 08:42 PM   #43
australiankaren
I do love me my free H20...thank you Mickey.....DVC member BLT & VB....I HATE #MYDISNEYEXPERIENCE
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 3,498

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAMUMOF4 View Post
The idea is its less expensive to get to Hawaii and we could go for just a week in DH's week off
The contracts are also 5 years longer at Aulani
see the cheap fares to hawaii at the moment????

http://www.bestflights.com.au/cheap-...irlines/114728
australiankaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 09:20 PM   #44
WAMUMOF4
DIS Veteran
 
WAMUMOF4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,886

Quote:
Originally Posted by australiankaren View Post
see the cheap fares to hawaii at the moment????

http://www.bestflights.com.au/cheap-...irlines/114728
oh Karen what did you have to do that for now i am studying flights to Hawaii its not on my budget whatsoever think Europe 2015 think Europe 2015 think Europe 2015
__________________
Disneyland July 2010 Disneyworld August 2011
2012 Disneyland, DCL Magic, WDW, Disneyland
WAMUMOF4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 09:39 PM   #45
cola
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 369

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAMUMOF4 View Post
... one of the things he likes ..... is that we can use our points for cruises and RCI exchange whilst we know its not the best use of points it is still what we want to do we plan on using our points for Europe in 2015.
Europe can be a challenge for exchanges, through RCI or anyone else. Timeshares are an American thing, they have the best timeshares, and other than the US chains like Hilton/Marriott/etc that have limited availability through the rest of the world, most European timeshares are quaint and cosy and with ridiculously limited exchange options. 2 bedrooms that sleep more than 4 are generally limited to the US chains. DVC is a premier option, it might be worth trying one of the smaller more boutique exchange companies like SFX because they will value DVC so much higher and see what they can do, though RCI will give you some great TPUs
Exchanging can make planning a whole different ball game. Exchanges are only available when someone decides they don't want to use their week - which may be well in advance or a month beforehand. You can't plan when someone else will deposit their week. You can't book plane tickets until you get the exchange(s), or you book plane tickets and then have to work what exchange(s) you end up with around your dates. You really need to get your RCI waitlist in as far as possible beforehand, meaning you have to guess if the airfare seasons will stay the same. Plus most exchanges are done by the week, have you already seen enough of Europe to not need to do a touring holiday, spending a week in one place is what you want?

I LOVE exchanging or renting through an exchange company, but I mainly use it for US/Canada holidays. Whenever I've tried using it for Europe, big fat zero of anything I'd contemplate, most of the Australian options of exchanges are pretty poor quality compared to the US, Asia they are usually a lot smaller, I've not worried about checking Africa or South America.
__________________
Phew, finally all five castles... TOKYO x1 HONG KONG x1 ORLANDO x8 ANAHEIM x4 PARIS x1
cola is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:35 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.