Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-27-2012, 12:08 PM   #1
JennLynn
Earning My Ears

Shore Excursion Cancelations

With all the issues with weather and storms and having a ship diverted from CC I was wondering, if you book a shore excursion (my DD wants to do the dolphin experience in Nassau) but you don't end up making it to that port of call is there a refund available? Since this is our first cruise, I'm not sure if you pay up front or if it's once you are on the ship. Just wondering if I would still be paying if we never got there.

Thanks for any replys
JennLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 12:09 PM   #2
RunnerMomO
DIS Veteran

In the past, we got charged in our onboard account for shore excursions. Never had a cancelation, but that would seem if weather cancels it, you wouldn't be charged.
RunnerMomO is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-27-2012, 12:12 PM   #3
Clara Belle
Earning My Ears

From what I understand, if it is an excursion booked through Disney they do not charge you. Am I correct?
Clara Belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 12:19 PM   #4
*Flower*
Needs to Win the Lottery!!

That is correct.
Of course YMMV if you booked your excursion independently.

Whatever happens, enjoy your cruise!!
Old 10-27-2012, 12:22 PM   #5
MiaSRN62
DIS Veteran

I was on the Sept 29 Fantasy. On Grand Caymen day it was raining.....I heard the Disney 7 Mile Beach Break people were given the option to cancel with no penalties. It was the morning we all met in one of the clubs to get our on-shore instructions. We were doing the DCL Stingray excursion. We were not offered cancellations, but heard the CM's offering the 7 Mile Beach folks a no-strings-attached cancellation option. They had like 5-10 min to make their decision. Just an FYI.

MiaSRN62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 12:23 PM   #6
Itinkso
Faith.Trust.Pixie Dust

I booked independently with Boatswain's Turtle Farm (Grand Cayman) and Native Choice's Mayan Ruins Tour (Costa Maya) and both would have refunded my payments if the ship was not able to dock. That was reassuring especially because we sailed at the end of September but fortunately had great weather.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
WDW 6/14 - Off-site; 2/14 - AoA; 12/13 - Off-site; 1/13 - AKL; 10/12 - Pop; 4/12 - Off-site; 11/10 - BWI CL; 8/10 - POR; 7/09 - POFQ; 4/04 - ASMo; 2/97 - CBR ~ DLP 7/2012 ~ DLR - Mother Ship ~ August 6, 2005 - Magical Cruise of the Mexican Riviera ~ Sept. 29, 2012 Fantasy Western Caribbean
Itinkso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 12:24 PM   #7
abdgeek
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennLynn View Post
With all the issues with weather and storms and having a ship diverted from CC I was wondering, if you book a shore excursion (my DD wants to do the dolphin experience in Nassau) but you don't end up making it to that port of call is there a refund available? Since this is our first cruise, I'm not sure if you pay up front or if it's once you are on the ship. Just wondering if I would still be paying if we never got there.

Thanks for any replys
To my knowledge(I last cruised with DCL in April 2012), DCL does not charge you for your excursions until after you are on the boat. If a port is missed because the boat can't get there or does not think it is safe to be there, DCL will not charge you for that excursion. If the charge has already gone through, they will credit the account. Now, if you fail to show up for a paid excursion while the ship is in port, I'm pretty sure you would need to have a very good excuse for them to refund the excursion cost.

When I went on the DCL Med Cruise in 2011, they cancelled the port of Palma due to a transportation strike. I was doing the ABD add-on and we received a stateroom credit of $300(I believe per person--I traveled solo...)for that day because the ship didn't go to Palma. Regular guests were told that they would not be charged for their Palma excursions and everyone was able to pick new excursions in Barcelona(for which they paid), which we visited instead.
abdgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 12:44 PM   #8
JennLynn
Earning My Ears

Thanks everyone!
JennLynn is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: