Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-29-2012, 10:53 AM   #61
elainyaeq
Mouseketeer

Castaway Cay

Quote:
Originally Posted by realityland View Post
Got it. Castaway Cay damage discussion only.
I'm sorry for the damage at Castaway Cay, and those that were out there during the storm. Hopefully we will be able to see that beautiful island one day....when it's NOT hurricane season
Old 10-29-2012, 03:03 PM   #62
Zandy595
DIS Veteran
The other day I found a big honkin' frog in my toilet

Current Dream passengers must have been told whether they're going to CC tomorrow or not. I was hoping someone would post any info they found out.

Animal Kingdom Lodge Pop Century All Star Music All Star Movies Caribbean Beach DCL Wonder 2001 DCL Magic Eastern 2004 DCL Magic Western 2008 DCL Dream 2011, 2012, 2014
Zandy595 is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-29-2012, 06:22 PM   #63
nmmace
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zandy595
Current Dream passengers must have been told whether they're going to CC tomorrow or not. I was hoping someone would post any info they found out.
Article about Dream currently sailing to CC

http://www.usatoday.com/story/cruise...amage/1666505/
nmmace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 08:39 PM   #65
realityland
Mouseketeer

Location: Latitude 27 5' 59.199" Longitude -82 27' 15.3475" (Venice, Florida)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zandy595
Me, too. Patiently waiting for an update ...
Old 10-31-2012, 06:13 AM   #66
Zandy595
DIS Veteran
The other day I found a big honkin' frog in my toilet

The Dream should be at CC very soon. Someone on my cruise called DLC and they said we'd definitely be going there on Saturday. I'll post pictures when I get back on Sunday.

Animal Kingdom Lodge Pop Century All Star Music All Star Movies Caribbean Beach DCL Wonder 2001 DCL Magic Eastern 2004 DCL Magic Western 2008 DCL Dream 2011, 2012, 2014
Zandy595 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 06:19 AM   #67
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zandy595 View Post
The Dream should be at CC very soon. Someone on my cruise called DLC and they said we'd definitely be going there on Saturday. I'll post pictures when I get back on Sunday.
I'll be getting on her Sunday. Good to hear. I warned family already that we may not stop, or she might be a little rough if we do.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 07:18 AM   #68
tvguy
Sailed on:The Mermoz, Norway, Nordic Prince, Sovereign of the Seas, Amsterdam, Magic & Pride of America

Quote:
Originally Posted by realityland View Post
I thought that if Disney cancelled the cruise that you would just be out the money, unless you purchased insurance. Can anybody clarify?
If THEY cancel, you get your money back. If YOU cancel, then insurance can be a factor.
Old 10-31-2012, 08:06 PM   #69
tjb1055
Mouseketeer

Hadn't heard any live updates yet. No news for the current DREAMers seems like good news to me. Hopefully, they were able to dock at Castaway Cay today and enjoyed their day!

Looking forward to hearing a few Castaway Cay reports from those who disembark the Dream in the morning.
tjb1055 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 09:05 PM   #70
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

I was in contact with DCL today. Several excursions have been canceled now.
At CC, 3 are canceled and all are because of boat damage, like the glass bottom boat, an island tour and a snorkeling one, if I remember right.
Also at Nassau the seaworld semi submarine excursion is canceled. There may be more, but thats the only one I know of there.
She didn't tell me wether they have heard how much actual damage to the island has happened. Hopefully we get an update soon.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 10:08 PM   #71
tjb1055
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I was in contact with DCL today. Several excursions have been canceled now.
At CC, 3 are canceled and all are because of boat damage, like the glass bottom boat, an island tour and a snorkeling one, if I remember right.
Also at Nassau the seaworld semi submarine excursion is canceled. There may be more, but thats the only one I know of there.
She didn't tell me wether they have heard how much actual damage to the island has happened. Hopefully we get an update soon.
Interesting! Thanks for sharing. Based on your countdown ticker, it looks like we are going on the same 11/4 Dream sailing. Assuming the Dream was able to dock at CC today, our sailing should be the 4th group back to CC after the hurricane. Here's hoping for the best for us and everyone else before and after us!

Still looking forward to hearing some first hand reports from the 10/28 DREAMers, I must admit!
tjb1055 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 05:25 AM   #72
Majik
Majik

The Dream did dock at Castaway Cay apparently the water temperature was quite cool no snorkeling or stingrays and Crew Beach was closed.

Have seen some photos and although there is some damage it looks relatively minor.
Majik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 05:44 AM   #73
realityland
Mouseketeer

Location: Latitude 27 5' 59.199" Longitude -82 27' 15.3475" (Venice, Florida)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majik
The Dream did dock at Castaway Cay apparently the water temperature was quite cool no snorkeling or stingrays and Crew Beach was closed.

Have seen some photos and although there is some damage it looks relatively minor.
I wonder if the lower water temperatures are b/c of the storm bringing cooler water up from lower depths and mixing it.
Old 11-01-2012, 06:09 AM   #74
Silverfox97
PLATINUM Castaway Club ~ My driveway to WDW = 1 hour!

Location: Tampa, FL resident since 2007 (formally from Lorain & Columbus O-H-I-O)

Quote:
Originally Posted by realityland

I wonder if the lower water temperatures are b/c of the storm bringing cooler water up from lower depths and mixing it.
Yep. Exactly that.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

2015 - Wonder Mar 4n; Magic June 11n Norway/Iceland; Dream Oct 3n ~ 2014 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Magic - Oct SOUTHERN/B2B repo ~ 2013 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Dream Oct 4n; Oct Magic B2B ~
2012 Feb Dream & Fantasy x2 - June Eastern, Dec Western ~ 2011 Magic x2 - Jan 5n DD, Oct Western ~ 2010 Wonder Aug 5n DD ~ 2005 Fairytale Wedding @ GF Wedding Pavilion & 3n Wonder
Silverfox97 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 10:28 AM   #75
Green Tea
I don't do hatchets

I am back from this sailing. C C looked fine to me. I saw no debris anywhere. The vegitation was brown and mainly on one side of each plant so that is possible damage but I felt more like it appeared to be just how the plants were.

We docked Wednesday instead of Tuesday. The water was not cold but they cancelled the snorkel rentals because of the churned sand and potential not seeing of much.

There was a fair amount of wind the whole trip but nice weather. A little cool but not out of the ordinary for the time of year
Green Tea is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: