Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-01-2012, 06:34 AM   #16
pmama
DIS Veteran

Two weeks from today...................

We will be at Hollywood Studios!

Lunch is at Sci Fi. We haven't been there since 2007 when we had the slowest service ever. It's a fun environment so we're ready to give it another try.

Love these guys!

I love Playhouse Disney. I hope my kids don't think they're too old.

Dinner is at Hollywood Brown Derby. We've never eaten there but heard great things.

We will probably get some hot cocoa and enjoy the lights.

Old 11-01-2012, 04:28 PM   #17
morgtroy
Mouseketeer

I'm in, glad you're doing a trip report!! This is going to be so fun!!
You look wonderful!!! I think we get in a caught up with taking care of everyone else in our families and stop taking care of ourselves. At least that was me. Congratulations.

Sept 2005 All Star Movies, Sept 2007 Pop Century, Dec 2008 Saratoga Springs (Christmas Trip), March 2009 AKL & OKW, Dec. 2009 OKW, June 2010 Wilderness Lodge, March 2011 Disney Dream & Wilderness Lodge, Feb. 2012 AKL

DM DH DD 14 DS 11

This princess runs!
Training for Wine & Dine Half Marathon
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-02-2012, 07:28 AM   #18
pmama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by morgtroy View Post
I'm in, glad you're doing a trip report!! This is going to be so fun!!
You look wonderful!!! I think we get in a caught up with taking care of everyone else in our families and stop taking care of ourselves. At least that was me. Congratulations.
Glad you found it. Even though I have less time these days, I love writing trip reports and having those to look back on! Plan to write this one and be done by Chistmas break! We have just one week!
Old 11-02-2012, 07:30 AM   #19
pmama
DIS Veteran

Two weeks from today.................

We will be in MK.

Yes, this is the 3rd time for those keeping track (and not last). It is a party day so hoping for lighter crowds. We will be at a leisurely pace. We may linger around FLE hoping to get in with previews.*

Late breakfast break at Ohana.

May also see if BOG is open for lunch. Have late lunch res. At Tonys in case.

May search out some of our favorite characters!

Who knows, it may be a good day for a mid-day break with Mickey crispies by the pool!

Dinner is at California Grill! We have never eaten there. Can't wait to watch Mvmcp Wishes from the CG!

Last edited by pmama; 11-03-2012 at 08:01 AM.
Old 11-03-2012, 08:45 AM   #20
pmama
DIS Veteran

This time in two weeks we will be in.................

Epcot

Lunch is at Le Celier. We've never eaten there but have heard great things.

If we haven't yet we will do the Disney Visa meet and greet. The meet and greet takes place each day from 1:30 pm to 4:30 pm inside Epcots Innoventions West.

Bummed about Test Track being closed for refurb. Still keeping fingers crossed for soft opening.

Dinner is at Teppan Edo and we plan to watch Illuminations!
Old 11-03-2012, 09:01 PM   #21
dara00
DIS Veteran

I'm hoping for a soft opening too for the after party at epcot!

First Disney Trip 4/1992 ~ 7th Grade with parents and brother ~ MK, Epcot, MGM / 4/1994 ~ 9th grade with parents and brother ~ MK, Epcot, MGM / 3/1998 ~ College Spring Break with then bf now dh ~ MK, Epcot, MGM / 8/2006 with dh and 17 mos dd ~ DLR / 3/2007 with dh and 23 mos dd ~ AK / 12/2007 with dh, 2.5 yr dd and 6 mos ds ~ MK & Epcot / 5/2009 with dh, 4 yr dd, and 2 yr ds ~ DLR & CA /1/2012 with dh, 6 yr dd, 4 yr ds, and 17 mos ds ~ MK & DHS / 11/2012 for my birthday and Wine & Dine 1/2 Marathon with dh ~ Marathon & Epcot / 6/2013 with dh, 8 yr old dd, 6 yr old ds, 2.5 yr old ds ~ all!

Old 11-03-2012, 10:55 PM   #22
morgtroy
Mouseketeer

Le cellier is my favorite! We are bummed with the Dec 6 opening of test track too.

Sept 2005 All Star Movies, Sept 2007 Pop Century, Dec 2008 Saratoga Springs (Christmas Trip), March 2009 AKL & OKW, Dec. 2009 OKW, June 2010 Wilderness Lodge, March 2011 Disney Dream & Wilderness Lodge, Feb. 2012 AKL

DM DH DD 14 DS 11

This princess runs!
Training for Wine & Dine Half Marathon
Old 11-04-2012, 05:21 AM   #23
pmama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dara00 View Post
I'm hoping for a soft opening too for the after party at epcot!
That would be awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by morgtroy View Post
Le cellier is my favorite! We are bummed with the Dec 6 opening of test track too.
I snagged lunch since it is still 1 TB credit. Guess even lunch is changes to 2 TB credits in Jan.
Old 11-04-2012, 06:22 AM   #24
pmama
DIS Veteran

This time next week we will be at...........

Animal Kingdom

2007 first WDW trip

OR BB

Crowd levels are at a 9 in AK this day so if weather is even slightly nice it will be BB.

At AK breakfast would be Tusker lunch Y&Y.

We also plan to hit a couple fitness centers while there this time to pump some iron. This may be a good day to visit AK gym.

Dinner for sure is at one of our favorites..... Chef Mickeys!!

Spent ALL DAY packing yesterday for myself and kids 12 and 8. Pulled out our WDW box and had fun looking through all the nick knacks we only take to Disney. Still not done but about 90% done. Have to concentrate on sub plans and report cards at work this week. We leave Friday after school.

Woke up with soar throat too this morning. Haven't been sick in about a year. Glad at least that I have 6 days to get better. Off to run.

Last edited by pmama; 11-04-2012 at 06:34 AM.
Old 11-04-2012, 08:18 AM   #25
jwwi
DIS Veteran

Great PTR. Your girls are so cute, I love all the matching outfits. My adult girls still make fun of me for dressing them alike when they were little, but I don't care. Looking at your pictures just affirms that it is so adorable.
You have some great plans for your dining choices. With such a long trip it will be nice for you to take the time to visit so many different restaurants.
I went with my daughter last year when she ran the WDW W&D 1/2 last year. We purchased tickets to the Epcot after party too. It was so much fun. We started early (I think they can enter the park as early as 7pm, back in the world showcase. Then as soon as the park closed to regular guests we went to soarin', and rode it multiple times with no wait! It was great, I think your girls would love that.
You mentioned going for a picture at Epcot with the Characters, not sure if the VISA site changed, but there is a closure report on another site that stated "The Character Spot located in Epcot's Future World closed on October 21 for refurbishment. It is scheduled to reopen February 2013. A temporary location will be available near the Fountain View Ice Cream shop where you'll be able to see Mickey, Minnie and Pluto. Also, Goofy is now appearing at Epcot's main entrance, near Spaceship Earth."
I will be arriving at WDW during your vacation, and am also hoping for warm sunny weather too.
Have fun.
Old 11-05-2012, 05:06 AM   #26
pmama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwwi
Great PTR. Your girls are so cute, I love all the matching outfits. My adult girls still make fun of me for dressing them alike when they were little, but I don't care. Looking at your pictures just affirms that it is so adorable.
You have some great plans for your dining choices. With such a long trip it will be nice for you to take the time to visit so many different restaurants.
I went with my daughter last year when she ran the WDW W&D 1/2 last year. We purchased tickets to the Epcot after party too. It was so much fun. We started early (I think they can enter the park as early as 7pm, back in the world showcase. Then as soon as the park closed to regular guests we went to soarin', and rode it multiple times with no wait! It was great, I think your girls would love that.
You mentioned going for a picture at Epcot with the Characters, not sure if the VISA site changed, but there is a closure report on another site that stated "The Character Spot located in Epcot's Future World closed on October 21 for refurbishment. It is scheduled to reopen February 2013. A temporary location will be available near the Fountain View Ice Cream shop where you'll be able to see Mickey, Minnie and Pluto. Also, Goofy is now appearing at Epcot's main entrance, near Spaceship Earth."
I will be arriving at WDW during your vacation, and am also hoping for warm sunny weather too.
Have fun.
Thanks! The only time the girls dress alike is at Disney. I thought with my oldest turning 12 that she wouldn't want to this trip but it was one of the things they both asked for. Thanks for the info on the after party. DH and DDs are planning on going to EP at 7 but I wasn't sure if there'd be a wait time between closing and rides. Looks like the race is finishing through EP this year so I'm still not sure how that works with the party goers. Hoping they can line up in the park somewhere to watch me finish. The Character Spot is different than the Disney Visa Character greeting. It is kind of hid and only for card members. It is one of the best character greetings we've found. They really take their time and have fun interactions.
Old 11-05-2012, 11:08 AM   #27
pmama
DIS Veteran

This time in two weeks we will be...............

In Epcot

Crowds will be heavier it being the week of Thanksgiving. Hoping that we got most the rides out of our system at Finish Line Party and last day there. Today will be for checking out some of our favorite restaurants and roaming World Showcase. The girls want to do the new Agent P interactive game and perhaps we'll FP a couple rides.

Breakfast is at Akershus.

Lunch is at one of our MUST DOS. Coral Reef. We're always reading bad reports on this restaurant but we love it. Especially DH.

We will have to take a mid-day break so we can pack since we are checking out the next morning to head to the beach after MK.

If we get done packing in time we will return for dinner at Biergarten. We've never eaten there.

Last edited by pmama; 11-05-2012 at 11:21 AM.
Old 11-05-2012, 01:42 PM   #28
Stasieki
DIS Veteran

Joining in... I read your other reports previously and glad to so you back with another one.
Old 11-06-2012, 07:41 AM   #29
DsnyMama
DIS Veteran

Hellooooo from the Nov FB group!!! I'm in!!

Up Next: October2014
Feb 2014 TR - click HERE
Old 11-07-2012, 09:24 AM   #30
deedee2177
Disney Darling

Joining in from Dis Nov FB page. Love report so far!

April 2014 PTR - Trip with the Grandmas http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3164112 - COMPLETE
April 2014 TR - Different type of trip http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post51308062 - In Progress

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: